Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jayzus sensitivities are high. Grand so Kieta is a harmless angel who wouldn't hurt a fly. Yiz can unknot your knicks now.

Riedewald has finally completed his move to Palace. De Boer is using the back 3 so he should slot right in replacing Sakho. Hes only 20 thought he was older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LiamoSail wrote: »
    What's your point caller?

Probably that on the scale of real, real, pathetic to fantastic/post of the day material, your post didn't climb very high on the scale.

Could be wrong though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Oat23 wrote: »
    You want your players to have a bit of bite in pre-season and not just float around doing feck all. It was stupid from both of them but at least they both have fire in them.

If training in the UK was not closed off to fans you'd hear about 'fights' a lot more.
    Correct. I'd say every club has had it's share of training ground bust ups, you just never normally see them. I remember good old Mario having spats with various team mates (and Mancini!) when we were at our old training ground at Carrington. There was a public walkway alongside the training pitch with only a relatively small chain link (I think) fence. Photographers used to gather there every day with their little step ladders.The media must have loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Probably that on the scale of real, real, pathetic to fantastic/post of the day material, your post didn't climb very high on the scale.

Could be wrong though.

What are you chatting about you sad bastard? A commentator on the thread now are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Some people on here need hobbies clearly. Instead of writing out kinda sad responses just type them out & don't post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats a hell of lot of conjecture there lads.

I had the word "if" twice in my post. I think it was clear that it was conjecture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If that doesn't work hopefully Kieta ups his game and pushes the manager down a flight of stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I want him to celebrate a tackle by revealing a "befreien mich" slogan on his under-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Some actual transfer related news.. 45m bid for Siggy

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/889535115449249792

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pjohnson wrote: »
    Riedewald has finally completed his move to Palace.

I'm not sure how I feel about the influx of dark wizards into the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I want him to celebrate a tackle by revealing a "befreien mich" slogan on his under-shirt.

Or ich bin ein scouser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

astradave wrote: »
    Some actual transfer related news.. 45m bid for Siggy

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/889535115449249792

Rejected just now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I feel about the influx of dark wizards into the PL.

Snorted hard at this.

• Hernandez move to West Ham is done. Decent signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Third bid in for Keita, 83m Euro (According to BILD)

• Third bid in for Keita, 83m Euro (According to BILD)

83 million...by jaysus

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't fault the Liverpool board for being stingy if true

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Third bid in for Keita, 83m Euro (According to BILD)

This is like the 3rd reported third bid Yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

ERG89 wrote: »
    Some people on here need hobbies clearly. Instead of writing out kinda sad responses just type them out & don't post them.

Sooooo......kinda like what youve just wrote, its ok to accidentally hit submit reply though :pac:

If Liverpool sign him, I wonder what sort of performances they expect of him will it be similar to Pogba and he will get slammed constantly all season for not having a Hazard like season :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hernandez move to West Ham is done. Decent signing

Best deal of the summer so far imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

irishman86 wrote: »
    If Liverpool sign him, I wonder what sort of performances they expect of him will it be similar to Pogba and he will get slammed constantly all season for not having a Hazard like season :confused:

Jayzuz give it a chance to actually happen first lolol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's very simple, if he's as hopelessly inept as Pogba was for much of last season (especially in the big games), we'll criticise him. If not, then we won't.

We have to get the deal done first though, and it looks 50/50 at best right now.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's very simple, if he's as hopelessly inept as Pogba was for much of last season (especially in the big games), we'll criticise him. If not, then we won't.

We have to get the deal done first though, and it looks 50/50 at best right now.

I bet you he wont get half of it if he signs
    For a few reasons hes not as polarising as Pogba as outside of Bundesliga fans hes unknown even if Liverpool fans will lie about that fact if he signs :pac:
    Its a crazy sum for a player who has proven nothing so far but I hope if he signs people are going to be realistic what hes going to add to the team regardless of fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I bet you he wont get half of it if he signs
    For a few reasons hes not as polarising as Pogba as outside of Bundesliga fans hes unknown even if Liverpool fans will lie about that fact if he signs :pac:
    Its a crazy sum for a player who has proven nothing so far but I hope if he signs people are going to be realistic what hes going to add to the team regardless of fee

Realistic? TBH I have literally never heard of him until speculation started but with this massive fee my expectations are pretty high. I'd be expecting a serious impact.

JPA wrote: »
    Realistic? TBH I have literally never heard of him until speculation started but with this massive fee my expectations are pretty high. I'd be expecting a serious impact.

So a player you've never heard off who scored 8 goals last year with one year of top league football who three years ago was playing for Istres (In fairness he looked a prospect with them) and you expect a serious impact :pac:
    So ya lets put it this way, hes nowhere near Verratti level a player whom people say is valued around 80mill, I use him as a example as hes a couple of years older rather than a superstar midfielder like Modric
    So ya I think people need to be realistic with what they are getting even if the fee is that high.
    Ive seen people compare him to Kante :confused: for me thats lazy journalism hes more similar to Dembele at Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So a player you've never heard off who scored 8 goals last year with one year of top league football who three years ago was playing for Istres (In fairness he looked a prospect with them) and you expect a serious impact :pac:
    So ya lets put it this way, hes nowhere near Verratti level a player whom people say is valued around 80mill, I use him as a example as hes a couple of years older rather than a superstar midfielder like Modric
    So ya I think people need to be realistic with what they are getting even if the fee is that high.
    Ive seen people compare him to Kante :confused: for me thats lazy journalism hes more similar to Dembele at Spurs

Yes, I do. It's Liverpool and Klopp who are creating the expectations so it's on them rather than the player. It's not me who's saying he'll have a big impact it's those who think he is worth the money, Klopp etc.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    What are you chatting about you sad bastard? A commentator on the thread now are you?

giphy.gif

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

83 million...by jaysus

Telling ya, Lukaku looking better value each week when you see the money the little financially less well off teams are throwing at clubs for relatively untested potential!

• Advertisement

If Liverpool sign him for 83 million euro and he has a season matching pogbas last one at utd I'll be very disappointed,utd fans were slating him last season (pogba) deservedly,he was far from effective or standout.

For 83 million I'd be expecting top quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If Liverpool sign him for 83 million euro and he has a season matching pogbas last one at utd I'll be very disappointed,utd fans were slating him last season (pogba) deservedly,he was far from effective or standout.

In an alternate universe your post would have been correct.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    In an alternate universe your post would have been correct.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

?

I think he means in this new universe of crazy prices, 83 million guarantees nothing

• If Liverpool sign him for 83 million euro and he has a season matching pogbas last one at utd I'll be very disappointed,utd fans were slating him last season (pogba) deservedly,he was far from effective or standout.

Not great reading this morning so would like to address some of what's being posted.

The point in bold: For certain performances yes this was debated among fans. Some agreed and some did not. Considering it was his first season back at Utd and the EL having a little bit of patience is to be expected with certain aspects of his game. Jose was tweaking his formation and for a long time struggled to chose his best 11 which also had an impact to Pogba individually. And we are still missing that vital piece to the puzzle in a DM IMO which will ultimately get the best out of Pogba and have him playing further up the pitch that he is currently. He covers so much ground which get's overlooked so often.

I think his performances in the latter half of the season continue to be completely ignored or "Neutrals" just haven't watched him.

When he was sustained a hamstring injury for Utd last season (trying to remember off the top of my head exactly when) Utd had arguably the worst slump of the season and actual people who watch Utd would know this. And also realized how much he was missed in the team.

In May he went on to be named player of the month for Utd with 4 impressive displays including a a match winning / MOTM performance when it mattered the most. The EL final. Squeeky bum time is where it matters the most and he stepped up big time.

Also, I repeat comparing Kieta to Pogba...go way out of that lads. Pogba is currently a superior player in every aspect and I have said this in here before comparing both is at this stage ridiculous other than the fact that both happen to be midfielders.

However Liverpool lumping that type of money / pressure on Kieta I suspect won't be long before some heat is landed on him if he doesn't perform immediately.

It will be funny to see if we witness the same level of criticism Pogba has received from rivals who lets be honest probably haven't a watched him all that much and ignore some of what I have stated above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

How can you not have high expectations of an €83 million midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not great reading this morning so would like to address some of what's being posted.

The point in bold: For certain performances yes this was debated among fans. Some agreed and some did not. Considering it was his first season back at Utd and the EL having a little bit of patience is to be expected with certain aspects of his game. Jose was tweaking his formation and for a long time struggled to chose his best 11 which also had an impact to Pogba individually. And we are still missing that vital piece to the puzzle in a DM IMO which will ultimately get the best out of Pogba and have him playing further up the pitch that he is currently. He covers so much ground which get's overlooked so often.

I think his performances in the latter half of the season continue to be completely ignored or "Neutrals" just haven't watched him.

When he was sustained a hamstring injury for Utd last season (trying to remember off the top of my head exactly when) Utd had arguably the worst slump of the season and actual people who watch Utd would know this. And also realized how much he was missed in the team.

In May he went on to be named player of the month for Utd with 4 impressive displays including a a match winning / MOTM performance when it mattered the most. The EL final. Squeeky bum time is where it matters the most and he stepped up big time.

Also, I repeat comparing Kieta to Pogba...go way out of that lads. Pogba is currently a superior player in every aspect and I have said this in here before comparing both is at this stage ridiculous other than the fact that both happen to be midfielders.

However Liverpool lumping that type of money / pressure on Kieta I suspect won't be long before some heat is landed on him if he doesn't perform immediately.

It will be funny to see if we witness the same level of criticism Pogba has received from rivals who lets be honest probably haven't a watched him all that much and ignore some of what I have stated above.

There were quite a few games last season that passed Pogba by, especially that Liverpool game. He had a good season, nothing more, nothing less.

The thing with Pogba is he spends so much time on social media and new hairstyles it kinda annoys people.

I think Pogba was bought at the wrong time for United. If he had been bought to complete a midfield rather than the first piece of that midfield it's a different story but people probably expected a lot more from him in the middle and he needs different players around him to show his best.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    There were quite a few games last season that passed Pogba by, especially that Liverpool game. He had a good season, nothing more, nothing less.

The thing with Pogba is he spends so much time on social media and new hairstyles it kinda annoys people.

I think Pogba was bought at the wrong time for United. If he had been bought to complete a midfield rather than the first piece of that midfield it's a different story but people probably expected a lot more from him in the middle and he needs different players around him to show his best.

This applies to nearly every player bar Messi and Ronaldo.

Also the comment about social media. This is the world / age we live in now. Lads moaning about players dabbing is the worst.
    If it bothers people then that's because they are getting old.

Not this Pogba sh*te again

This applies to nearly every player bar Messi and Ronaldo.

Also the comment about social media. This is the world / age we live in now. Lads moaning about players dabbing is the worst.
    If it bothers people then that's because they are getting old.

The Juve midfield was perfect for him, the United midfield not so much hence why he didn't have as good a season I think. Another two years and I'd imagine that United midfield will be great again and you'll see Pogba do even better than at Juve.

You'll always have lads complaining about players on social media because they feel the player should be focusing on an upcoming match rather than social media.

• Advertisement

• pjohnson wrote: »
    Not this Pogba sh*te again

TBF it's not Utd fans bringing him up. I'm addressing comments made already.

Fair point nothing against you M!Ck, its just he has literally nothing to do with anything to do with "Summer Transfers 2017". Can we just make a "Paul Pogba Superthread" or something? Its the same few lads that start stirring this sh*te every few days. They start it and it drags in other posters and is the same auld nonsense that mods cleaned up Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

He didnt mention United fans in his post. Its just annoying that the last page has been about Pogba, who was a transfer last summer.

Reading that Sanchez is willing to take a paycut to go to City this summer. If that happens then Arsenal fans will go mental

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Juve midfield was perfect for him, the United midfield not so much hence why he didn't have as good a season I think. Another two years and I'd imagine that United midfield will be great again and you'll see Pogba do even better than at Juve.

You'll always have lads complaining about players on social media because they feel the player should be focusing on an upcoming match rather than social media.

How can they have any evidence that's states Pogba is not focused on an upcoming match?

It takes less than a minute to tweet somebody. Again I think it's a fact of that matter that certain people can't accept social media for what it is.
    Pogba IMO is actually very cleaver at marketing himself. Another reason why Utd went above and beyond to sign him which also get's overlooked.
    Anyway I will else it at that to be fair to the lads as I don't want this to drag on.
    Pop into the Utd thread if you want to continue to discuss.

How can they have any evidence that's states Pogba is not focused on an upcoming match?

It takes less than a minute to tweet somebody. Again I think it's a fact of that matter that certain people can't accept social media for what it is.
    Pogba IMO is actually very cleaver at marketing himself. Another reason why Utd went above and beyond to sign him which also get's overlooked.
    Anyway I will else it at that to be fair to the lads as I don't want this to drag on.
    Pop into the Utd thread if you want to continue to discuss.

I dunno to be honest, people just like to get annoyed over social media stuff :D

And I'll leave it there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

People who think being active on social media means they aren't concentrating on their game are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Can we park the Pogba talk please? Thanks

Swansea rejected another bid from Everton for Sigurdsson, 45m apparently. Theyre really holding out for that 50m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Swansea linked with Bony

Be a bit random with llorente up top seeing as they only play with 1 striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Swansea linked with Bony

Be a bit random with llorente up top seeing as they only play with 1 striker.

Llorente being linked with moves away all summer. Chelsea reported to be top of the queue at one stage to challenge Morata but that may have changed in recent weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Swansea sign a striker, even if Llorente stays. Borja Baston is gone back to Spain so they're not exactly flush up there.

Bony's had a rotten time of it since he left Swansea so he might fancy a cut price move back there to reboot his career.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He's a good player but surely Everton could convince a better player to join Rooney & co with 50m to spend even in this market. I've seen Leon Goretzka linked to Arsenal for half that price for example and he would probably have a higher ceiling and be on lower wages

Advertisement