Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I reckon we'll still be in for Llorente after hes fully recovered from the broken arm.

It just depends on the price and the way theyre playing hard ball with Everton, I cant see us getting Llorente for cheap so it may not happen at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/889773467427643392

PSG & Barcelona have announced unexpected press conferences within 30 minutes of each other this evening 👀

• "I, Neymar Santos Sr, would like to thank PSG formally in becoming my sons new contract genuine pig."

"Barcelona would like to confirm Neymar has signed a new and improved 5 year deal."

"PSG would like to announce that we got ****ed"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

JPA wrote: »
    Yes, I do. It's Liverpool and Klopp who are creating the expectations so it's on them rather than the player. It's not me who's saying he'll have a big impact it's those who think he is worth the money, Klopp etc.

Thats a crazy way of thinking. He could easily prove to be worth the money if he anchors the midfield for ten years then he will be worth the money.

If Liverpool sign him for 83 million euro and he has a season matching pogbas last one at utd I'll be very disappointed,utd fans were slating him last season (pogba) deservedly,he was far from effective or standout.

For 83 million I'd be expecting top quality

Withdrew after read mod post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

edit. just saw the mod note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Marca announcing Monaco accepting €180 million for that hanson song Mbappe from Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

irishman86 wrote: »
    Thats a crazy way of thinking. He could easily prove to be worth the money if he anchors the midfield for ten years then he will be worth the money.

Lads the money in soccer is gone mad. Can we just agree on that?

Sigurdson would have been £20m four years ago. Ederson (new city keeper) could have been bought for £10m a few years ago.

I personally don't think any player is worth the fees been mentioned but all sense of the normal world has been lost when it comes to the PL and soccer in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

inforfun wrote: »
    Marca announcing Monaco accepting €180 million for that hanson song Mbappe from Real Madrid.

Mbappe looks really talented but at that price, it would make Neymars deal look like exceptional value.

This is a guy who is being judged on potential after 1 decent season.

• inforfun wrote: »

:eek::eek:

Confirmed by clubs? Perez always needs the newest and shiniest stuff I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Mbappe looks really talented but at that price, it would make Neymars deal look like exceptional value.

This is a guy who is being judged on potential after 1 decent season.

Basically half a season really. It's insane stuff.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Confirmed by clubs? Perez always needs the newest and shiniest stuff I suppose.

Just Marca

Real finalising last few details before announcing it in the next few days bla bla bla.

I guess it is a safe assumption that if he leaves, it will be for Real so a safe enough story to make up and publish for Marca.

And for me to put it out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Real just reminding everyone that they're the biggest club in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Sky are saying that Monaco told them that theres no deal in place

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Real just reminding everyone that they're the craziest club in the world.

FYP.

€180 million is nuts money,but I suppose in context it gets City 3 fullbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

zerks wrote: »

You'd have to say Newcastle got the best deal that summer regardless of it being the most expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Real Ronaldo did alright in his one season at Barca as did Baca selling him on a season later with a £15m profit.

Jayop wrote: »
    You'd have to say Newcastle got the best deal that summer regardless of it being the most expensive.

Imagine Shearer in the Manchester United team at that time,his goal record would have been even higher.Would have loved to have seen him signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

fbdil4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Jayop wrote: »

arsenal signed vieira for 3.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote: »

Lee Bowyer nearly cost as much as Zidane. :eek:
    At 3.2 million it's amazing 4 years after when he went to Real how much prices changed.
    For years I blamed the Denilson fee to Betis for changing the trasfer market. :o

• eh i dunno wrote: »
    Best deal of the summer so far imo

More on this (Hernandez), It's a great signing for him as a player also as I suspect he will get continuous first team football as opposed to being second best in his previous outings with Utd & Madrid.

I can't comment on his Bundesliga days as I have not watched him in that but sounds like he didn't get much playtime either (open to correction).

Gas thing is he's still only 29 and feels like he's been around a lot longer. If he can get a sustained run West Ham surely will reap the benefits.

Last season he spend quite a bit of time on the bench but before that he was first team.

Didnt realise he is 29 already until i read that earlier this week.
    Guess he also doesnt stay 25 forever :D

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/889854411249516545

"Manchester City are prepared to pay €180m (£161m) along with Real Madrid and PSG to sign Kylian Mbappé from Monaco. "

Pep spending money like a virgin in a strip club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Can't see it if true, Mbappe is another Ronaldo with Madrid as his "dream" boyhood club, if he is leaving and they are willing he only goes one place.

Fair play to Pep though, no fear of penny pinching with that kind of manager.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Can't see it if true, Mbappe is another Ronaldo with Madrid as his "dream" boyhood club, if he is leaving and they are willing he only goes one place.

Fair play to Pep though, no fear of penny pinching with that kind of manager.

For what? Spending someone elses money.

It's a hard auld life for him.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lads the money in soccer is gone mad. Can we just agree on that?

Sigurdson would have been £20m four years ago. Ederson (new city keeper) could have been bought for £10m a few years ago.

I personally don't think any player is worth the fees been mentioned but all sense of the normal world has been lost when it comes to the PL and soccer in general.

Well with inflation you will always find that and funny you say Sigurdsson would cost 20 when I think Spurs signed him for 10
    I feel with fees that the players are worth what the club want to pay, whether it works out is another case

Basically half a season really. It's insane stuff.

Gotta give it to Monaco though :pac:
    Mbappe could match Neymar in the future but I would be surprised if the fee mentioned is straight up. It would probably be more similar to Martial and United with X amount based on trophies personal and for the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I would be surprised if the fee mentioned is straight up. It would probably be more similar to Martial and United with X amount based on trophies personal and for the club

The structure would be similar, but there is no reason to believe that the fee mentioned isn't pretty accurate.

SlickRic wrote: »
    The structure would be similar, but there is no reason to believe that the fee mentioned isn't pretty accurate.

I dont disagree, but Neymars fee was mentioned but that will be a straight up fee. With Mbappe it makes no sense to be structured like that. It will start at 100million though which is still to high for a player of his age albeit with massive potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Phil Bardsley joins Burnley from Stoke. Stokes squad must be getting a bit thin at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I dont disagree, but Neymars fee was mentioned but that will be a straight up fee. With Mbappe it makes no sense to be structured like that. It will start at 100million though which is still to high for a player of his age albeit with massive potential

Jesus you spout some nonsense how the fcuk would you know what way either deal be structured

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Jesus you spout some nonsense how the fcuk would you know what way either deal be structured

:rolleyes: its called understanding basic football transfers buddy
    Like looking at previous wonderkids signings for example.
    Using the Martial signing as a example which has a Balon D'or fee
    Now regarding spouting nonsense thats just what you have done
    I pointed out there is little similarities to the Neymar fee which is buyout clause related you just acted like a empty vessel
    Maybe have a quick read up on how transfers work, its actually not all that difficult to get a basic understanding
    So yes I along with many other posters here would have a educated guess as to how they will both work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

:rolleyes: its called understanding basic football transfers buddy
    Like looking at previous wonderkids signings for example.
    Using the Martial signing as a example which has a Balon D'or fee
    Now regarding spouting nonsense thats just what you have done
    I pointed out there is little similarities to the Neymar fee which is buyout clause related you just acted like a empty vessel
    Maybe have a quick read up on how transfers work, its actually not all that difficult to get a basic understanding
    So yes I along with many other posters here would have a educated guess as to how they will both work

You are spoofing

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    You are spoofing
    :rolleyes: Ill leave it here, clearly you are a RTE football kinda guy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

pjohnson wrote: »
    Phil Bardsley joins Burnley from Stoke. Stokes squad must be getting a bit thin at this stage.

Indeed - I think Stoke could have a very poor season if they don't get a few names in. Arnie and Walters will be significant losses imo.

Edited to add: Forgot about Glenn Whelan leaving too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Oliver norwood has left brighton and joined fulham. Strange move having played 37 games last season, done the hard work then leaves. Not as if they signed a load of world beaters and hes not gona get a game. Has to be money motivated I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

May be much better for a player like Norwood to be playing week in, week out at Championship level than sitting on the bench in the Premiership. There are definitely players out there who should avoid being surplus to requirements post promotion if they can.

• zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/889773467427643392

PSG & Barcelona have announced unexpected press conferences within 30 minutes of each other this evening ��

LOL so what of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL so what of this?
    Pique said his tweet wasn't "official" confirmation.

Ball's back in Neymar's court. He's playing us all for for fools. New contract at Barca or bigger bucks at PSG where he's the star, it's a win-win. A lot of people doing the talking don't have a clue what's going on only Neymar does. His silence speaks volumes, imo.

If that Neymar to PSG deal goes ahead, barca isnt even winning much from that €223 million.
    Which according to our pal Raiola isnt a transfer fee but "damages"

Barca paid €80 million for Neymar but since they also handed over €45 to his dad, a fine of €80 million had to be paid to the tax man.
    Now of course Neymar enjoyed a bit of a salary as well so much more than "money back" isnt going to happen if PSG indeed manages to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

inforfun wrote: »
    If that Neymar to PSG deal goes ahead, barca isnt even winning much from that €223 million.
    Which according to our pal Raiola isnt a transfer fee but "damages"

Barca paid €80 million for Neymar but since they also handed over €45 to his dad, a fine of €80 million had to be paid to the tax man.
    Now of course Neymar enjoyed a bit of a salary as well so much more than "money back" isnt going to happen if PSG indeed manages to sign him.

45 euro? What was that for? A meal at the airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Various reports on the twitter box about Barca agreeing terms with coutinho. La Parisian reporting that PSG are also interested.

That would be a huge blow for the Asian premier league tournament winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    May be much better for a player like Norwood to be playing week in, week out at Championship level than sitting on the bench in the Premiership. There are definitely players out there who should avoid being surplus to requirements post promotion if they can.

Pascal Groß from Inglostad probably took his starting spot and he doesnt want to spend a year on the bench.

45 euro? What was that for? A meal at the airport?

source.gif

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/890094676623151106

"Marca: Mbappe to Madrid agreed at either €160m + €20m in bonuses, or €150m + €30m bonuses. He'll earn about €7m a year, after tax.

Marca make a point, at the beginning of their article, that the fee 'pulverises' Pogba record. They now admit Madrid wanted Pogba."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

It's Pique announcing Neymar as staying, rightly so considering it's Pique that seems to have to mop up all the damage this Barcelona board does. To paraphrase a few tweets I've seen, why does Pique have to do everything? And it's essentially Pique and Messi holding Barcelona together. It'll be a happy day when Pique is actually president of the club.

Anyway, ye, Neymar stays.

Oops.

Looks like Pique didn't announce that Neymar is staying. He now claims that it's just his opinion and ultimately it's up to Neymar to make the decision. Disgusting antics from Pique to cause such public confusion and attempt to make it more difficult for Neymar to leave.

Future Barca presidential behavior indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hierro_4 wrote: »
    Oops.

Looks like Pique didn't announce that Neymar is staying. He now claims that it's just his opinion and ultimately it's up to Neymar to make the decision. Disgusting antics from Pique to cause such public confusion and attempt to make it more difficult for Neymar to leave.

Future Barca presidential behavior indeed.

Can't think of a single other club that would do this type of thing. I suppose its what you get for thinking that you are "mes que un club"

• Advertisement
Advertisement