Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Neymar had the most assists out of any player in the CL. I believe he broke a record. Add to that his 4 goals.
    I'm not suggesting he currently is an all round better player than Messi. I just think he was more influential for Barca in that competition and in particular in the latter stages.
    A killer blow indeed if he is gone.

A killer blow...so how many years do you think Barcelona will go without winning the league? 1 year? 2 years? Maybe 4 years? Or how long do you think Barca will take to win the CL again? 1 year? 2 years? 8 years? What does killer blow actually mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

28 years I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought Pique rubber stamped Neymar staying on Twitter? Wouldnt be letting the center back conduct transfer dealings anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Middlesborough has signed Ashley Flethcher from West Ham for £6.5 million, what the bloody hell is happening in the world.

Slaven Bilic commented "We got a fantastic offer for Ashley and ideally I wanted to help him with a different kind of scenario, but at the end of the day the offer was so good for the club and for him personally"

I'm pretty sure everyone at West Ham was gobsmacked by the offer, mental stuff from Boro. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought Pique rubber stamped Neymar staying on Twitter? Wouldnt be letting the center back conduct transfer dealings anyway.

Dodgy guy - so eligible for Barca's president role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Burial. wrote: »
    Messi dragged that Barca side all season. One killer game in the CL doesn't mean much. Neymar was **** for a good portion of the season.

This, had Barca managed to catch Madrid in the league it would have been pretty much down to Messis brilliance and this season just gone was probably his most complete, had Barca not screwed up in the away loss to Malaga, a match in which Neymar was sent off in, cost Barca big time as earlier, Real themselves had just been held at home to Atletico it could have been one of Messis greatest seasons, couple that with the match winning performance at the Bernabeu too and it was a "what if" season for Barca.

I think more of those seasons will happen too, they cant rely on Messi all the time and losing Neymar would be a huge blow, nobody in the world can replace him, IMO, well, nobody they can get.

• The woeful Balague is reporting Coutinho’s agent have agreed move to Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Any and all reliable Liverpool journos saying there's nothing in the Coutinho rumours, just another case of Barca press trying to unsettle a player it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The woeful Balague is reporting Coutinho’s agent have agreed move to Barcelona

He's definitely staying so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Hopefully he'll nab Verratti if this Neymar deal goes through. Coutinho looks likely too. Pique will rubber stamp the deals.

Unless Verratti is used as part of a deal which will see Neymar move to PSG, I think when he does leave Paris that it'll be Man Utd where he ends up going.

Coutinho won't be easy....I'd expect Barca will have the beat the Pogba transfer record to sign him.

As for the comment about Pique rubber stamping deals, what nonsense is this?

• Advertisement

Unless Verratti is used as part of a deal which will see Neymar move to PSG, I think when he does leave Paris that it'll be Man Utd where he ends up going.

Coutinho won't be easy....I'd expect Barca will have the beat the Pogba transfer record to sign him.

As for the comment about Pique rubber stamping deals, what nonsense is this?

Verratti seems to have his heart set on Barca, he wont go this year anyway to them, hes just signed a new deal but just because Raiola is now his agent, I wouldnt be willing to bet that he'll end up anywhere but Barca next, even with Raiolas deals with Utd in the past 4 years or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

:rolleyes: Seriously take the goggles off.

:rolleyes: Youre right a guy with one season at the top is better than Pogba :rolleyes: a player Ive watched unlike 99% of the people on this site and yes hes a poor mans Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Seen the clip and it was heated all right,Neymar tore off his bib and walked off afterwards

astradave wrote: »
    Is Irishman a United fan? I didn't think he was and I thought he clarified that before?

Anyways that phrase is absolutely awful and I doubt a genuine football fan would call him a "poor mans anyone".

He has had a cracking season and looks a brilliant talent, my only negative would be for the price he has relatively little(1 year)to no experience at the highest level

No I'm not a United fan
    It seems just because I rate Pogba and dont rate Coutinho that people think I am :pac:
    I dont know how much times I've said Im a Marseille fan
    If anything, I prefer Arsenal and Newcastle
    I worded it wrong, a player similar to Pogba just not as talented

Get Coutinho, get Verratti or Ousmane Dembele, get Neymar out of the club.

Im actually shocked you want him :eek:
    The other two yes but :eek:

irishman86 wrote: »
    Im actually shocked you want him :eek:
    The other two yes but :eek:

He's a magical player, incredible ability and technique and he inspires awe in supporters, he belongs at Barcelona.

He's a magical player, incredible ability and technique and he inspires awe in supporters, he belongs at Barcelona.

Is that you Pique :pac:

Haha I guess we will disagree
    Two out of three we agree on though, Verrarti though I have a feeling the Neymar signing is to keep him happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Coutinho would cost Barca over £100m, would they pay it?

Reports are his new contract he only recently signed has no release clause. Liverpool aren't going to budge unless he kicks up an almighty fuss and even when Suarez did the first time he trained alone for a few days before accepting he wouldn't be sold that summer. This is more Barca starting their transfer bid for him next summer now which I can see happening.

• Fromvert wrote: »
    Coutinho would cost Barca over £100m, would they pay it?

Reports are his new contract he only recently signed has no release clause. Liverpool aren't going to budge unless he kicks up an almighty fuss and even when Suarez did the first time he trained alone for a few days before accepting he wouldn't be sold that summer. This is more Barca starting their transfer bid for him next summer now which I could see happening.

Well if they got 140 + million for Neymar I see no reason why not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Well if they got 140 + million for Neymar I see no reason why not

Are they not a little tight for money? And they could probaby do with a couple of players instead of spending most of it on Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hope PSG players put their jersey on Neymar, that would be funny.

Comment aimez-vous ces pommes Piques?

Fromvert wrote: »
    Are they not a little tight for money? And they could probaby do with a couple of players instead of spending most of it on Coutinho

Between the front 3 theyre paying about a million a week on wages alone.

If Neymar goes they'll be flush enough but theyed be better advised to curb their massive wage bill, at the top end, than spending it all on one player, IMO.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Between the front 3 theyre paying about a million a week on wages alone.

If Neymar goes they'll be flush enough but theyed be better advised to curb their massive wage bill, at the top end, than spending it all on one player, IMO.

How would the Barca fanbase take replacing Neymar with Couthino? Not very well I'd guess especially if Court is going to cost them a massive chuck of the Neymar fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

pjohnson wrote: »

That's what happens when you have a centre back that's mes que un centre back

the way ye go on lads ye would swear your own clubs never shafted a smaller club for a player,or tapped one up,gimme a break

Hope PSG players put their jersey on Neymar, that would be funny.

Comment aimez-vous ces pommes Piques?

Hopefully not. The amount of people still not over that one. The horror of putting on another clubs jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If not this summer then never, Bayern will probably trigger his release clause next summer and that'll be the end of it unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

HigginsJ wrote:
    Middlesborough has signed Ashley Flethcher from West Ham for £6.5 million, what the bloody hell is happening in the world.

They have the worst eye for a striker. Badly needed one in January & they got Bamford & Gestede.....
    Now they paid about 20m pounds for Assombalonga (had to Google that spelling) & Fletcher who West Ham must have broke their fax machine they accepted that bid so quick.

have to credit leipzig, they meant what they said,wasnt just posture

ERG89 wrote: »
    They have the worst eye for a striker. Badly needed one in January & they got Bamford & Gestede.....
    Now they paid about 20m pounds for Assombalonga (had to Google that spelling) & Fletcher who West Ham must have broke their fax machine they accepted that bid so quick.

Bamford isnt a bad signing. Gestede though :pac:
    They paid 15 for Assombalonga pretty much the same as Villa paid for Kodjia so not a surprise.
    Fletcher doesnt make sense for me though, anytime I seen him he looked all over the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

They've shown fair balls tbh.

Take £70 odd for him now or most likely he goes next year for substantially less.

First year in BL too.

Imagine a newly promoted PL team turning that kinda moolah down.

I'm sure there will be alot of eyes on him this year given the interest shown, will be interesting to see how he gets on with a spotlight on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rod Munch wrote: »

Take £70 odd for him now or most likely he goes next year for substantially less.

First year in BL too.

I'm sure there will be alot of eyes on him this year given the interest shown, will be interesting to see how he gets on with a spotlight on him.

What I don't understand about their stance is the fact that they can either sell him to us for a massive chunk of change now, or more than likely lose him to FC Hollywood, the club they're trying to compete with, for an awful lot less next summer. So, £74m to sell him to a foreign club, of £48m to their closest rival when his value might be even higher.

It's either admirably optimistic and ambitious, or utterly stupid. I think it's already a foregone conclusion that he's off to Bayern in 12 months time now that he's off the market this year.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Hopefully not. The amount of people still not over that one. The horror of putting on another clubs jersey...

While in front of lots of people. It was ridiculously disrespectful and reflective of the arrogance and perceived divine right of Barcelona to lay claim to any player through whatever means necessary because the player has 'Barcelona D.N.A'.

• Advertisement

the way ye go on lads ye would swear your own clubs never shafted a smaller club for a player,or tapped one up,gimme a break

I support Arsenal. Barcelona take the word tapping up to another level.

martyos121 wrote: »
    What I don't understand about their stance is the fact that they can either sell him to us for a massive chunk of change now, or more than likely lose him to FC Hollywood, the club they're trying to compete with, for an awful lot less next summer. So, £74m to sell him to a foreign club, of £48m to their closest rival when his value might be even higher.

It's either admirably optimistic and ambitious, or utterly stupid. I think it's already a foregone conclusion that he's off to Bayern in 12 months time now that he's off the market this year.

Why? Not every player moves to Bayern, perhaps he will sign a new contract. Plus its not like they need the money already they turned down a bid for there Swede assist maestro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I reckon they might negotiate a new improved contract with him throughout the year with a 100m release clause or so.

I support Arsenal. Barcelona take the word tapping up to another level.

Didn't arsenal take some youngsters from barcas academy through some loophole?

martyos121 wrote: »

Very similar to Sanchez, sell him outside the league this Summer or risk him signing for City next Summer for free.

If Liverpool don't get him this Summer he'll be at Bayern or one of the other big European teams the following year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Rod Munch wrote: »

First year in BL too.

They're not some plucky underdog standing up to the big clubs. They're well backed.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    That's what happens when you have a centre back that's mes que un centre back

Or a board unworthy of the club they represent mixed with a group of players who are literally once in a lifetime bunch both on and off the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

JPA wrote: »
    They're not some plucky underdog standing up to the big clubs. They're well backed.

Exactly. When the were in BL2 they spent more money than most of the BL clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Transfer window isn't closed yet. As ever all it takes is one phone call to turn a dead deal into a live one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Keita playing in Emirates Cup for RB Leipzig. If there was anything happening I doubt he would be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

eagle eye wrote: »
    Keita playing in Emirates Cup for RB Leipzig. If there was anything happening I doubt he would be playing.

I dunno, clubs seem to play em regardless these days, look at Neymar. I know it's a diff situation, but Persicic was also playing for Inter today and he's United bound possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/07/29/597caa7b468aeb2c4f8b4644.html

Barcelona are supposedly treathening PSG over Neymar, saying they would be breaking FFP rules and would face expulsion from the CL for being a repeat offender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RobertKK wrote: »
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/07/29/597caa7b468aeb2c4f8b4644.html

Barcelona are supposedly treathening PSG over Neymar, saying they would be breaking FFP rules and would face expulsion from the CL for being a repeat offender.

They'll presumably have some way to weasel out of the FFP implications just the same as every other club at the top end of football has since it was implemented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

RobertKK wrote:

If that is true they have some cheek.

I'm not anti-barca in any but it'd be hypocritical of them to go threatening anybody about ffp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barcelona taking the proverbial.

• Advertisement
Advertisement