Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

For all the power they have in the game the amount of whining Barcelona do is incredible, and it really turns you off them as a club.

At least most of the other big clubs don't have any delusions about themselves being something more important than the game they play in and operate in a kill or be killed manner. Barca seem to want to come off as some sort of community club while at the same time doing whatever they can to stifle the opposition/ further their own wealth an success and behaving in an all round classless mannger.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read one claim that Neymar will be an ambassador for the 2022 world cup in Qatar and Neymar will be paid €300 million and the deal will be signed in Qatar so Neymar pays no tax.
    Neymar will then pay Barcelona €222 million to release him from his contract with Barcelona, and Neymar will pocket the rest.
    Neymar will earn €30 million a year plus bonuses on a 6 year deal.
    PSG will get to sign Neymar for free, overcoming FPP rules.

If true, it would make a mockery of FPP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RobertKK wrote: »
    I read one claim that Neymar will be an ambassador for the 2022 world cup in Qatar and Neymar will be paid €300 million and the deal will be signed in Qatar so Neymar pays no tax.
    Neymar will then pay Barcelona €222 million to release him from his contract with Barcelona, and Neymar will pocket the rest.

That is....kind of brilliant tbf. A mockery of course, but that's top-level "creative accounting".

I don't really mind the prospect of him going to Ligue 1, it's a competition that's definitely on the up with the likes of Monaco, Nice and Marseille all improving and the likes of Lyon and Bordeaux aren't bad at all. If he wins the Champions League with PSG, he's instantly out of Messi's shadow and seriously into the Ballon D'Or conversation for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

RobertKK wrote: »

That would really just sum up that clusterf*ck of a world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

For all the power they have in the game the amount of whining Barcelona do is incredible, and it really turns you off them as a club.

At least most of the other big clubs don't have any delusions about themselves being something more important than the game they play in and operate in a kill or be killed manner. Barca seem to want to come off as some sort of community club while at the same time doing whatever they can to stifle the opposition/ further their own wealth an success and behaving in an all round classless mannger.

Worst club ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hopefully Neymar signs for PSG and gets all the "loyalty" bonuses possible from Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

eagle eye wrote: »
    If that is true they have some cheek.

I'm not anti-barca in any but it'd be hypocritical of them to go threatening anybody about ffp.

I dont mind clubs reporting other clubs for ffp breaches but it really takes the biscuit when Barcelona are the worst club in europe for tapping up and unsettling players in such a public manner.
    Its about time they recieved a kick in the teeth to show them how it feels !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Uh oh, looks like Barcelona wont be winning the Boards.ie "most popular club" award judging by those comments, such a shame too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If the transfer goes ahead it just means FFP is irrelevant and should be scrapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Uh oh, looks like Barcelona wont be winning the Boards.ie "most popular club" award judging by those comments, such a shame too.

If Real Madrid were at it, what would you say?

The disdain people have for Barca comes from the whole mes que un club which in fairness might have been true at one stage. But now they are just like ever other club, worse indeed, ending their tradition of having no shirt sponsors and going to a group as bad as the Qatari foundation and trying to act like it was a charitable organisation. The whole holier than thou attitude has come back to bite them in the arse. I guess you have to sell your soul a bit the be able to afford to pay MSM wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

**** FFP. I'm a fan of clubs circumventing it by any means possible. Let people invest / squander on their clubs as they please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

SlickRic wrote: »
    If Real Madrid were at it, what would you say?

That's a hypothetical, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Hopefully Neymar signs for PSG and gets all the "loyalty" bonuses possible from Barca.

Story in one of the papers today that his father asked PSG to leave it until after July 31st so he gets bonuses for the last contract they signed with barca :pac:

Lukker- wrote: »
    The disdain people have for Barca comes from the whole mes que un club which in fairness might have been true at one stage. But now they are just like ever other club, worse indeed, ending their tradition of having no shirt sponsors and going to a group as bad as the Qatari foundation and trying to act like it was a charitable organisation. The whole holier than thou attitude has come back to bite them in the arse. I guess you have to sell your soul a bit the be able to afford to pay MSM wages.

The club literally represents a country. It's role in the struggle for Catalan independence and it's place in Catalan culture and history is unique to any football club. It will always be mes que un club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The club literally represents a country. It's role in the struggle for Catalan independence and it's place in Catalan culture and history is unique to any football club. It will always be mes que un club.

How can Barca represent a country when Catalan is a region of Spain. That makes no sense?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How can Barca represent a country when Catalan is a region of Spain. That makes no sense?

You know exactly how.

You know exactly how.

No I don't. As far as I was aware it was the Basque region in Spain looking for independence and not the Catalan region?

It's not a country though. The referendum they are having in October is meaningless and opinion polls predict it's going to be rejected anyways. I admire Catalonian culture, but unfortunately it's declining majority, and these referendums won't revive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I wonder if Catalonia gets it's independence what league will Barca play in?

I'd say they are dreading Catalan independence as they know if they stay true to what they supposedly believe in the club will be destroyed.

• Advertisement

I wonder if Catalonia gets it's independence what league will Barca play in?

I'd say they are dreading Catalan independence as they know if they stay true to what they supposedly believe in the club will be destroyed.

The people of Barcelona don't want independence though. (current numbers)

There was talk of them joining Ligue 1 before in that event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I get the ideology behind the club its the behaviour of the club that grinds my gears and everyone elses. Barca need to cool down their crap when it comes to transfers end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The club represents country, Catalan independence, culture and all that bs, still they will play in Spanish league even if Catalan gets independence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Not a attack on Barcelona :eek:
    But Catalan are as much a country as any other region in Spain. You could say the same thing about Sevilla/Betis so I disagree its unique to Barcelona, more that they are a bigger club so people hear about it more.
    As for its struggle for independence, there is a reason no European country has taken any notice of it at all as they see it as a Spanish problem not a real one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So, errrm, transfers y'all

Liamalone wrote: »
    So, errrm, transfers y'all

Catalan is transferring from Spain to a new nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Catalan is transferring from Spain to a new nation.

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

It's funny, I've been to their museum and this alternative history doesn't seem to feature much. It's more or less all about football, oddly enough.

Come to think of it, for such a noble institution dedicated to the Catalan cause, the museum, at €23 in and a gift shop selling shirts for €80, seemed a lot more like a typical modern football club than a museum dedicated to the struggle of an oppressed nation

Source?

Some lad on Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Some lad on Twitter

Pique? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any actual transfer news?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Any actual transfer news?!

Omar Bogle is deciding between Plymouth and QPR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matic to utd tomorrow anywhere from £40m to £50m depending on which journo/website you believe.

Another good deal for Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Definitely over paying for him considering he's well past his best days but should slot in well and be a good nugget for United, giving Pogba some freedom and allowing him to focus on not hitting the woodwork so much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's overpaying if you're comparing to historical prices, but about right in relation to the crazy prices being paid this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Burial. wrote: »
    Definitely over paying for him considering he's well past his best days but should slot in well and be a good nugget for United, giving Pogba some freedom and allowing him to focus on not hitting the woodwork so much.
    Seems to be the story of this summer's window. Players are going for crazy money. Remember when 10-15m was a major transfer? Not any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

blueser wrote: »
    Seems to be the story of this summer's window. Players are going for crazy money. Remember when 10-15m was a major transfer? Not any more.

10 to 15 mil is for the top players in the championship now!!!!

Will not get you a top player at all now !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fellaini staying at Utd and Matic more or less confirmed.
    As a Utd fan I'm happy Fellaini is staying and while Matic wouldn't be my choice of player, it's good to see Jose got for a DM which the team badly need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

£20m this year will buy you the equivalent of what £6m bought three or four years ago. Unless it's liverpool, who would have spent £20m on the £6m player four years ago

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    £20m this year will buy you the equivalent of what £6m bought three or four years ago. Unless it's liverpool, who would have spent £20m on the £6m player four years ago

Now we want to pay close £70m each for £30m players and their clubs will not take our money :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TransferRelated/status/891777579631484929

"BREAKING: Neymar will travel to Doha on Tuesday to undergo his PSG medical".

Tuesday being the 1st of August maybe there was a truth to the story then that he was waiting for his bonuses to be paid by Barca on the 31st of July before signing for PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tuesday being the 1st of August maybe there was a truth to the story then that he was waiting for his bonuses to be paid by Barca on the 31st of July before signing for PSG.

So he's pulling a Pulis?

zerks wrote: »
    So he's pulling a Pulis?

Somehow I don't think he will end up having paying it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Having studied Arabic as a hobby for a few years all I can make out from that article is:

Blahahsbdnajsfbansns ahahshd yaaaaaa alllaaaaaaah alllaaaaaaah yaaaaaa salleeem yaaaaaa salleeem yaaaaaa vlajagshajsbdbsjay Messi Messi Messi salleeeeeem balajagsbaja Barcelona jdifuajajs amdjnfnd Messi lakajahbd Real Madrid. Gohbandjdjjs Neymar akdjajakdkf alllaaaaaaah.

This roughly translates to:

Messi is mad for cans and the hop and is looking forward to Creamfields 2017. He's also anticipating a fine weekend for having a few menthols. Neymar likes bagels.

Lads in the tweet are spoofing I'd say.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Barca tell Qatar Airways to fcuk off and we don't need your sponsorship money if Neymar leaves.

Or will Qatar Airways drop Barca now they got their man.

Either way Barca are getting a sh1t lot of doggy money from Qatar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Burial. wrote: »
    Having studied Arabic as a hobby for a few years all I can make out from that article is:

Blahahsbdnajsfbansns ahahshd yaaaaaa alllaaaaaaah alllaaaaaaah yaaaaaa salleeem yaaaaaa salleeem yaaaaaa vlajagshajsbdbsjay Messi Messi Messi salleeeeeem balajagsbaja Barcelona jdifuajajs amdjnfnd Messi lakajahbd Real Madrid. Gohbandjdjjs Neymar akdjajakdkf alllaaaaaaah.

This roughly translates to:

Messi is mad for cans and the hop and is looking forward to Creamfields 2017. He's also anticipating a fine weekend for having a few menthols. Neymar likes bagels.

Lads in the tweet are spoofing I'd say.

Cool

• Seems to be doing the rounds on Twitter this morning

Coutinho asking to leave for Barca

https://twitter.com/Football_TaIk/status/891948519640121344

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Seems to be doing the rounds on Twitter this morning

Coutiniho asking to leave for Barca

Humour thread=====>

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Seems to be doing the rounds on Twitter this morning

Coutinho asking to leave for Barca

If Neymar is off to PSG then Couthinhos price (if he leaves) will go up massively.

Anyone dealing with Barca will know theyve a few shekels down the side of the couch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement