Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote:
    City going full Muppet.
    As far as I know it's Ederson, Walker, Bonucci, Mendy, Silva, Alexis and maybe another forward (Mbappe?). There'll be more but I dunno them".

If you can't outsmart them outspent them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

rob316 wrote: »
    What a bizarre post.

Chelsea who won the league at a canter need to make wholesale changes while United who finished 6th just need an attacker or 2.

Jack-Wilshere.jpg

Winning the league at a canter isn't automatically going to make you competitive in Europe. Chelsea need upgrades. Those are their "weaker areas".

United have a solid foundation I never said they were stronger in l any dept than Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/869538181242335232

City going full Muppet.

"As far as I know it's Ederson, Walker, Bonucci, Mendy, Silva, Alexis and maybe another forward (Mbappe?). There'll be more but I dunno them".

It's not full Muppet. If you've the money and the scruples, why not?!

I think it shows that he's as much a chequebook manager as the next manager when the situation is needed, but if you can do it, you may as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mahrez wants to leave Leicester, according to SSN. Not hugely surprising but he'll probably get his wish this time given there was probably a gentleman's agreement from last summer when he wanted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

martyos121 wrote: »
    Mahrez wants to leave Leicester, according to SSN. Not hugely surprising but he'll probably get his wish this time given there was probably a gentleman's agreement from last summer when he wanted out.

Last year, 50m seemed to be the price floating around.

Theyed do well to get 30m for him this summer, the flash in the pan market can be really fickle.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Last year, 50m seemed to be the price floating around.

Theyed do well to get 30m for him this summer, the flash in the pan market can be really fickle.

Depends how many are still after him though. Was linked with every top club last summer and if even half of them are interested now, he could go for £55m+ from the bidding war that would ensue.

I was one of his biggest fans last season but at his best I'm not sure he's worth that, even in this market. I predict he'll go to Arsenal for just under £50m unless Wenger is replaced.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Depends how many are still after him though. Was linked with every top club last summer and if even half of them are interested now, he could go for £55m+ from the bidding war that would ensue.

I was one of his biggest fans last season but at his best I'm not sure he's worth that, even in this market. I predict he'll go to Arsenal for just under £50m unless Wenger is replaced.

I think if Mahrez replaced Ozil and or Sanchez, Arsenal fans would lose their minds, especially at that price tag. :o

When they won the league everything went right for them, even when Leiester started to turn it around this season and peform better in Europe post-Raneiri, Mahrez was still lagging behind his best form by some distance.

So for me, theres still question marks over him and unless he was got for circa 25-30m, I wouldnt be happy if he ended up at Chelsea, for example, but as you said, if a few teams are in for him, his price could easily rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Reports that Griezmann has handed in a transfer request.

A United player soon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

RobertKK wrote: »
    Reports that Griezmann has handed in a transfer request.

A United player soon?

He doesn't need to hand in a transfer request when he has a release clause. And he's on a long term contract so I doubt Atleti will sell for below the release clause price anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He doesn't need to hand in a transfer request when he has a release clause. And he's on a long term contract so I doubt Atleti will sell for below the release clause price anyway.

Doesn't it mean he doesn't get his share of the transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Apart from Ederson who I have not seen play but he is highly rated.

City have always had money but I think they are looking at buying better targets than they have previously like Bony & Mangala in particular.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Begovic to Bournemouth now confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pep can go do one if he thinks he's getting Alexis, City Fans can stop dreaming too. There would be riots were that to happenings, with effigies at the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Pep can go do one if he thinks he's getting Alexis, City Fans can stop dreaming too. There would be riots were that to happenings, with effigies at the Emirates.

Sure why not, hasn't signed a contract only a year left, do they run the risk on missing out on a massive pay day or left him go for free next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'll never forget the riots when RVP was sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

MD1990 wrote: »
    Apart from Ederson who I have not seen play but he is highly rated.

City have always had money but I think they are looking at buying better targets than they have previously like Bony & Mangala in particular.

Mangala was really highly rated tbf at the time, and Bony whilst I never rated did finish as highest scorer in PL over a calendar year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

titan18 wrote: »
    Mangala was really highly rated tbf at the time, and Bony whilst I never rated did finish as highest scorer in PL over a calendar year.

What counts as a year is getting more complicated
    😉😉😉😉

Sure why not, hasn't signed a contract only a year left, do they run the risk on missing out on a massive pay day or left him go for free next season.

You are better off letting him go on a free in that case. Arsenal no longer need to sell their best players..and certainly not to a rival.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'll never forget the riots when RVP was sold!

They made the 2011 ones look like child's play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You are better off letting him go on a free in that case. Arsenal no longer need to sell their best players..and certainly not to a rival.

Only decent option really is to sell now, but exclusively to someone abroad. If he's allowed the see out his year, there's a much higher chance he'll end up at one of the English clubs.

If he really wants to move within England, he may just hold out - but he turns 29 before the new year, so may not fancy putting a move off for a year if a decent option abroad comes in this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,827 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Clearly Arsenal should not sell Sanchez to City.
    Chelsea is round the corner, much handier commute for the lil rascal!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Only decent option really is to sell now, but exclusively to someone abroad. If he's allowed the see out his year, there's a much higher chance he'll end up at one of the English clubs.

If he really wants to move within England, he may just hold out - but he turns 29 before the new year, so may not fancy putting a move off for a year if a decent option abroad comes in this summer.

Or get him to sign da thing. I'm not letting him go to Chelsea , I'll fly over to London to stop it myself if it comes down to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Begovic to Bournemouth now confirmed.
    That could turn out to be a very good buy for the Cherries. I always rated Begovic as a decent 'keeper, and he's a definite improvement on Boruc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

sword1 wrote: »
    What counts as a year is getting more complicated
    😉😉😉😉
    53 weeks is the new 12 months, apparently;)

Theres going to be a meltdown when Sanchez and or Ozil leaves this summer. It could take down the internet and make Robbie plenty of views on Arsenal Fan TV ££££££££££

• Advertisement

Theres going to be a meltdown when Sanchez and or Ozil leaves this summer. It could take down the internet and make Robbie plenty of views on Arsenal Fan TV ££££££££££

I imagine if they got a good bid for Ozil they wouldn't be crying if he was sold. He hasn't been linked to anyone really. On the other hand Sanchez has been linked with PSG, Bayern & other PL sides. If he was sold Robbie would have to hunt down Troopz & DT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/YahooSportFR/status/869831833709576192

Aubameyang to PSG confirmed. A waste of another talent in a weak league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Yeah.I mean Monaco looked really out of their depth in the champions league this year.

Yeah.I mean Monaco looked really out of their depth in the champions league this year.

Yippee,two decent teams in the league that tend to walk all over the rest.
    Anyhow,Dortmund will get a truck load of money for him.

https://twitter.com/SjorsvanVeen/status/869668999923212288

"Ajax talent Kees de Boer signs a three-year-deal at Swansea City. Great playing CDM. Pity Ajax let him leave. Good luck, there. "

• Advertisement

Thats also Dortmund screwed for a CF.

They'll struggle to replace his goals, even with €70m.

Reus, Gotze, Schurrle, Dembele are all wide attackers and in the case of the first two, injured nearly every week, Isak is probably too raw to lead the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Reus, Gotze, Schurrle, Dembele are all wide attackers and in the case of the first two, injured nearly every week, Isak is probably too raw to lead the line.

Was 70 Mill the fee

Why wouldn't he go to PSG.He gets to go back to his home country,live in Paris, play with great players in a good league, play in the champions league and gets a **** load of money.It's a great move for him.

None of the european league are particularly competitive, France is no different than the others.

Was 70 Mill the fee

Thats what I seen on Twitter anyway, 70m Euro.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given his scoring rate in Germany, |Auba is going to be insane in the French league.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Given his scoring rate in Germany, |Auba is going to be insane in the French league.

Wonder what will happen with Cavani.

Could he could back to Napoli perhaps?

How sad is it that a player leaves Ajax for a sh!te team like Swansea & nobody bats an eye but going to PSG is bad. :confused:
    The only thing I'd criticise PSG for now is how Emery is still there after the 6-1. They bought Jese too which in hindsight might be as bad a signing as was made last year & Krychowiak was sometimes not even in the match day squad.
    Still an attack with Cavani, Draxler, Di Maria & now Aubameyang is exciting on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

Would love him to be signed by a premier league club. Arsenal and Liverpool both need a striker.

He would really suit klopp with his attitude and work rate on top of his natural ability and could lead the line there quite well. Still a few good years left in him....and Liverpool love a good Uruguayan striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ERG89 wrote: »
    How sad is it that a player leaves Ajax for a sh!te team like Swansea & nobody bats an eye but going to PSG is bad. :confused:
    The only thing I'd criticise PSG for now is how Emery is still there after the 6-1. They bought Jese too which in hindsight might be as bad a signing as was made last year & Krychowiak was sometimes not even in the match day squad.
    Still an attack with Cavani, Draxler, Di Maria & now Aubameyang is exciting on paper.

Wasn't Kluivert getting the blame for a lot of their poor signings and is being replaced with a new DoF.

Could he could back to Napoli perhaps?

I think he's the type of player Barca should be looking at, if he's available for anything resembling a reasonable fee. They desperately need another quality forward to rotate into the squad and offer a threat off the bench. Paco is decent but he hardly terrifies opposition players when he comes on and replaces one of MSN. Depth is what cost them the league title this year (a problem Real haven't had for a good while now) and I can't see them continuing to overlook that.

This is just speculation btw, I don't see any rumours of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Reus done his acl recently so he's out for awhile

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/869849771292463105

Sanchez and Ozil want to leave Arsenal.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Reus done his acl recently so he's out for awhile

Ya and Gotze has an illness thats going to keep him out for the foresseable future. Its not looking good for Dortmund TBF.

Was 70 Mill the fee

£61 million fee. £8.75 million a year wages and £5 million sign on fee according to Talksport.

Ya and Gotze has an illness thats going to keep him out for the foresseable future. Its not looking good for Dortmund TBF.

They have Dembele & Pulisic both will only improve. It's not that grim for them.

Gotze isn't much of a loss as he barely played last year.

Pulisic looks like the real deal I'd expect him to have a much bigger role next season.

They've far too many attacking midifeld/wideplayers at the moment anyway so I don't think the loss of Gotze is going to cost them.

I think their defence is the big problem that needs to be sorted and obviously they now need a replacement for Aubamayeng.

ERG89 wrote: »
    They have Dembele & Pulisic both will only improve. It's not that grim for them.

I think its going to be impossible to replace Aubameyangs goals though, unless they plan on throwin Schurrle or Dembele up top. They'll have to re-invest the money for a good CF.

They do have some seriously talented young players though. Pulisic and Weigl look class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

So like La Liga or Germany could be worse could be Italy or even England during Fergies years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I think their defence is the big problem that needs to be sorted and obviously they now need a replacement for Aubamayeng.

They've already signed a center back in Omar Toprak from Leverkusen and have signed Mo Dahoud from Gladbach to play in midfield with Weigl. It won't be that hard to find a striker for the BL.

• Advertisement

the line from the Times say: "Sánchez and Özil want to leave Arsenal despite Wenger's new contract"

I suspect what they really meant to write was "Sánchez and Özil want to leave Arsenal because of Wenger's new contract"

Advertisement