Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Martial ahead of Rashford?

Easy choice for me, Martial is a class winger Rashford is a ok winger but a good striker. Like has been mentioned Lukaku will start.
    Martial could go to Inter on loan if Perisic comes (A move I dont agree with as I find him very over rated Perisic that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

irishman86 wrote: »
    I discuss Riedewald with you, in 2 years time he will be suject of a 40+ bid from one of the top teams

I'm suprised Palace even got him, De Boer clearly influenced the move. I'd be amazed if it even takes 2 seasons for him to get to a higher club.

• irishman86 wrote: »
    Uh Miki is 5 9
    So ya :pac:

Mendy is 6 foot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

astradave wrote: »
    Cause he is a natural winger and has the ability to beat a man and get the ball into the box with ease with both feet. Martial has more upside but his natural instinct is to cut in and shoot or take on players which can be frustrating.

So more crossing on the way?

United aren't going to be good to watch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mendy is 6 foot ;)

Ok.........I have no idea who you are talking about :o

naughtb4 wrote: »
    So more crossing on the way?

United aren't going to be good to watch

God dam those sideways long balls, scurge on the game, first thing Id ban if president of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

God dam those sideways long balls, scurge on the game, first thing Id ban if president of the world

Not a purist, there is an exciting team somewhere there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Iheanacho to Leicester for 20m on a four year buy back deal supposedly done. Belter of a signing. City must be confident in landing another attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Burial. wrote: »
    Iheanacho to Leicester for 20m on a four year buy back deal supposedly done. Belter of a signing. City must be confident in landing another attacker.

Iheanacho, Maguire and Iborra for just under £50m is great business by Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Looking at the attacking talent I dont really see what vhi brings.

Insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Burial. wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't have let Kel go until we had a replacement nailed down with his signature on a contract. We saw what happened with Alves a few weeks back. Nailed on, done deal, on his way. Only he wasn't. As you said, Pep and Txiki must be pretty confident. If the worse happens, stick John Stones upfront; he's suddenly lethal!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Chelsea interested in signing Danny Drinkwater according to SSN.

Sounded a bit daft to me at first but himself and Kante complimented each other beautifully when Leicester won the league, so he's a solid player to rotate into the side for Bakayoko and Fabregas.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Chelsea interested in signing Danny Drinkwater according to SSN.

Sounded a bit daft to me at first but himself and Kante complimented each other beautifully when Leicester won the league, so he's a solid player to rotate into the side for Bakayoko and Fabregas.
    Being homegrown also a major plus for him. With Leicester having just signed Iborra selling him wouldn't be too much of a disaster. Ndidi-Iborra be quite good to see.

Can't see it myself, he's signed to a long contract so Leicester would probably want more than £30million for him. I personally don't think he's good enough for us and would spend most of his time on the bench anyway.

Johner wrote: »
    Can't see it myself, he's signed to a long contract so Leicester would probably want more than £30million for him. I personally don't think he's good enough for us and would spend most of his time on the bench anyway.

He'd play about as much as Delph would at City. He'd be cheaper than Barkley/Oxlade-Chamberlain. If he wasn't HG he'd never get near ye. IF it happens its solely for quota reasons.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    He'd play about as much as Delph would at City. He'd be cheaper than Barkley/Oxlade-Chamberlain. If he wasn't HG he'd never get near ye. IF it happens its solely for quota reasons.

I'd rather we promoted a youngster like Baker than spend a decent chunk on someone like Drinkwater. Chalobah would have been perfect but can't blame him for wanting to move his career forward and get regular game time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Johner wrote: »
    Iheanacho, Maguire and Iborra for just under £50m is great business by Leicester.

Ineanacho looked a very tidy player any time I saw him, surprised more clubs weren't in for him and even more surprised at the fee.

Cert for the fantasy football team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Ineanacho looked a very tidy player any time I saw him, surprised more clubs weren't in for him and even more surprised at the fee.

The buy back clause probably turned alot of clubs away,and 100% pick for ff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

pjohnson wrote: »

We have the minimum of 4 HG players anyway for the CL so we're ok.

I'd say some, somewhere has decided with Matic leaving Chelsea need a CM (we do) and they've just pulled Drinkwater from their arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rod Munch wrote: »

City would only sell if the buying club agreed to give them first refusal on on a buy back. I'd say that ruled out quite a few clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We have the minimum of 4 HG players anyway for the CL so we're ok.

I'd say some, somewhere has decided with Matic leaving Chelsea need a CM (we do) and they've just pulled Drinkwater from their arse.

in Midfield ye have Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas.. I feel I'm missing someone, am i? if not that is very short to compete in all the comps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

blueser wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't have let Kel go until we had a replacement nailed down with his signature on a contract. We saw what happened with Alves a few weeks back. Nailed on, done deal, on his way. Only he wasn't. As you said, Pep and Txiki must be pretty confident. If the worse happens, stick John Stones upfront; he's suddenly lethal!
    :D

With Aguero and Jesus, do you really need someone else up front, and if worst comes to worst, KDB and Sterling can play there. There's also Bony :pac:

• Johner wrote: »

Craig Shakespear seems clued in. Actually think he's done a very good job since taking over. He well able to handle the media too it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

titan18 wrote: »
    With Aguero and Jesus, do you really need someone else up front, and if worst comes to worst, KDB and Sterling can play there. There's also Bony :pac:

Agueros injury prone that leaves Jesus the only out and out striker, both of them get injured Sterling KDB and Silva could all fill the role but why sell Kel without backup coming in.I understand hes a wasted talent on the bench but no point leaving the team stuck,there has to be someone elsr coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

astradave wrote: »
    in Midfield ye have Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas.. I feel I'm missing someone, am i? if not that is very short to compete in all the comps

Baker and possibily Boga too but I think Chelsea will go after a CM, I just cant see them bringing in Danny Drinkwater.

Even with baker cesc kante and bakayoko, its only 2 injuries/suspensions away from bare bones.

With Chalobah, Ake, RLC and Van Ginkel all leaving, we're at a bit of a loss but Baker is a good player, I just cant see Conte using him in CM unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought United wanted the guy from Monaco as first choice? Fabhino I think. Or am I getting mixed up?

You certainly seem to be anyway.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Man who likes tall men signs tall man. Not much else to chat about really.

Oh btw since you post so much nonsense and most of the time have your head in your arse, here is some signings made by your beloved Pep and Conte.

Morata - 6.2 feet
    Bakayoko - 6.1 feet
    Rudiger - 6.3 feet
    Ederson - 6.2 feet
    Mendy - 6.1 feet
    Danilo - 6.0 feet
    Walker - 6 feet

Only Bernardo Silva is less than 6 feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So that will be a midfield of Fellaini, Matic, Pogba against other title contenders?
    Not pretty but i guess it will get the 0-0's Mourinho wants in those matches.

• inforfun wrote: »
    So that will be a midfield of Fellaini, Matic, Pogba against other title contenders?
    Not pretty but i guess it will get the 0-0's Mourinho wants in those matches.

Eh Herrera

Yeah, can add him too.
    I like him. Too bad he doesnt play for a manager who wants to play football more often.

Now dont get me wrong, if a job needs to be done, it doesnt matter how it is done, as long as its done. And i am mostly referring to the EL final.
    Those who i dont mention from Amsterdam wouldnt have shut up till 2023 if Mourinho hadnt beat them.

• Advertisement

• inforfun wrote: »
    Yeah, can add him too.
    I like him. Too bad he doesnt play for a manager who wants to play football more often.

Now dont get me wrong, if a job needs to be done, it doesnt matter how it is done, as long as its done. And i am mostly referring to the EL final.
    Those who i dont mention from Amsterdam wouldnt have shut up till 2023 if Mourinho hadnt beat them.

Too much wrong with this statement IMO!

Too much wrong with this statement IMO!

Strictly looking at the matches where there is stuff to win and\or where the opponents are deemed of equal or greater strength than his team and he goes for the trench war tactics.

He will not do it against 8th or lower in the league.

I am not saying he is wrong all the time in those cases. As i said, he was dead right to do it in the EL final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Oh btw since you post so much nonsense and most of the time have your head in your arse, here is some signings made by your beloved Pep and Conte.

Morata - 6.2 feet
    Bakayoko - 6.1 feet
    Rudiger - 6.3 feet
    Ederson - 6.2 feet
    Mendy - 6.1 feet
    Danilo - 6.0 feet
    Walker - 6 feet

Only Bernardo Silva is less than 6 feet.

Fun fact, if Man Utd win the Premier League this season they will be the tallest team in history to do so. Likewise if they win the Champions League they will be the tallest team ever to do so. As Mourinho has gotten older his ideals have become more extreme to the point where Maroune Fellaini is a player he adores and puts on a pedastal. In short (jokes), the Matic signing is typical Mourinho and fits how Mourinho wants to play.

Fun fact, if Man Utd win the Premier League this season they will be the tallest team in history to do so. Likewise if they win the Champions League they will be the tallest team ever to do so. As Mourinho has gotten older his ideals have become more extreme to the point where Maroune Fellaini is a player he adores and puts on a pedastal. In short (jokes), the Matic signing is typical Mourinho and fits how Mourinho wants to play.

Fun fact: That's the most useless stat I have ever read, that's says something as I read so many of your facts/posts.

Another fun fact, there are 11 players who played more mins than him and Herrera played 3rd most highest mins, so whether he adores or hates, Herrera plays more than Fellaini.

Blind played more mins than Darmian
    Rojo and Bailly played more than Smalling
    Valencia who is shorter than Darmian played more mins than any defender.

Yeah, you can take your fun fact and shove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-hope-to-sell-seven-but-wages-a-problem
    Arsenal’s plans for a summer clear-out have been ‘delayed’ by players ‘refusing to take pay cuts’.

The Gunners have sold just one player so far this summer, with goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny departing for Juventus in a £10million deal.

Szczesny is the only player to have left for a fee, with the club looking to offload a number of others.

Jack Wilshere, David Ospina, Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Lucas Perez, Calum Chambers and Mathieu Debuchy have all been ‘deemed surplus to requirements’ by Arsene Wenger, and are free to leave, according to the Daily Mail.

But the north Londoners have encountered a problem in that their unwanted stars are on relatively high wages.

Potential buyers, with Watford, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Galatasaray and Sampdoria among those linked with the above septet, are ‘reluctant’ to match the current figures the players are paid.

‘Arsenal stand to slash £19million off their annual wage bill if they can secure deals for their players,’ and they are hoping to free up funds for at least one more signing.

The club may have to lower their asking prices as a result, with any potential windfall likely to be used in a move for Monaco winger Thomas Lemar.

No real surprise in this one, but I wonder if it is going to be a growing phenomenon for PL sides. The money available to even mid-table and lower-end PL teams outstrips most of their European counterparts.

For e.g., Leicester spent pretty big on the likes of Slimani, Musa and Mendy last year with little success for one reason or other. But I can't imagine many of them would see similar wages paid if they were to head back to France, Russia, Portugal, etc

(may be a bad example as I don't know what wages they're on and that Leicester actually earned their higher profile signings by yknow, winning the title! But they popped into my head first.)

I just wonder now will we see dozens or really average footballers stuck in the reserves at PL sides for the coming seasons as nobody can afford to sign them. Or huge loan armies like Chelsea's because nobody wants to pay a fee. Or massive losses in fees from one season to the next as nobody can pay quite the same levels as PL sides.

Fun fact: That's the most useless stat I have ever read, that's says something as I read so many of your facts/posts.

Another fun fact, there are 11 players who played more mins than him and Herrera played 3rd most highest mins, so whether he adores or hates, Herrera plays more than Fellaini.

Blind played more mins than Darmian
    Rojo and Bailly played more than Smalling
    Valencia who is shorter than Darmian played more mins than any defender.

Yeah, you can take your fun fact and shove it.

Oops I've touched a nerve. I'll leave you to yourselves to discuss how Mourinho might best organise his aerial assault. Tranquilo 😉

Oops I've posted nonsense again.

FYP

• So the big ones this morning:

Inter Milan to make a 35million bid for Mane

"RMC Sport reporter Mohamed Bouhafsi claimed on Twitter that Liverpool had rejected an £89m ($147m) bid from Barcelona for Coutinho."

Serge Aurier to United picking up pace too.

Telegraph saying if Barca don't get Coutinho they will go after Ozil

FYP

So why do you think that particular stat is nonsense?

• Advertisement

Here's an article by Barney Ronay about Mourinho's fixation with height. https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/14/jose-mourinho-tall-story-manchester-united-manager

A tweet below that article also has a picture of the notes of a Mourinho team talk which shows a Celtic team lined out by name and, strangely, with their height above their name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So the big ones this morning:

Inter Milan to make a 35million bid for Mane

"RMC Sport reporter Mohamed Bouhafsi claimed on Twitter that Liverpool had rejected an £89m ($147m) bid from Barcelona for Coutinho."

Telegraph saying if Barca don't get Coutinho they will go after Ozil

Liverpool paid 34m for Mane last season. I'd assume that one is just made up to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Unbelievable arrogance from Barcelona. In light of the Neymar to PSG transfer, los cules want to form an alliance with other clubs to form an anti PSG front.

The club who have done more than their fair share of tapping up getting a bit precious when they are on the receiving end. Defies belief really.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/barcelona-are-sounding-out-top-european-sides-to-form-an-anti-psg-front/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

greendom wrote: »
    Unbelievable arrogance from Barcelona. In light of the Neymar to PSG transfer, los cules want to form an alliance with other clubs to form an anti PSG front.

The club who have done more than their fair share of tapping up getting a bit precious when they are on the receiving end. Defies belief really.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/barcelona-are-sounding-out-top-european-sides-to-form-an-anti-psg-front/

And not only that, but they've been happy to take Qatar's dirty money is well.

Barcelona have become one of the most contemptible sports organisations in the world in recent years.

The mes que un club stuff is a load of self-righteouss bollocks, but they were decent enough up until recently. They've really taken a nose dive in the last 5-10 years.

Here's an article by Barney Ronay about Mourinho's fixation with height. https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/14/jose-mourinho-tall-story-manchester-united-manager

A tweet below that article also has a picture of the notes of a Mourinho team talk which shows a Celtic team lined out by name and, strangely, with their height above their name.

Lol what an useless article.
    It is only really Mourinho out there trying to block out the sky, a manager who these days basically only signs tall people. To date his major first-team buys at United have been Romelu Lukaku (6ft 3in) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (6ft 5in), Paul Pogba (6ft 3in), Victor Lindelof (6ft 2in) and Henrikh Mkhitaryan (5ft 11in). He doesn’t seem to trust Mkhitaryan much. Probably coincidence.

Yeah he didn't trust 5.11 feet tall Mkhitaryan but played 5.9 feet Lingard in his place and also 5.7 feet Mata.
    It is only really Mourinho out there trying to block out the sky, a manager who these days basically only signs tall people.

Again wrong. This season all of Conte's and Pep's signings (Except Silva) are above 6 feet.
    Last season Conte's signings:
    batshuayi - 6.1 feet
    Alonso - 6.2 feet
    David Luiz - 6.2 feet
    Kante 5.6 feet

Conte has signed 8 players and only 1 player is below 6 feet.

Lol what an useless article.

Yeah he didn't trust 5.11 feet tall Mkhitaryan but played 5.9 feet Lingard in his place and also 5.7 feet Mata.

Again wrong. This season all of Conte's and Pep's signings (Except Silva) are above 6 feet.
    Last season Conte's signings:
    batshuayi - 6.1 feet
    Alonso - 6.2 feet
    David Luiz - 6.2 feet
    Kante 5.6 feet

Conte has signed 8 players and only 1 player is below 6 feet.

So basically anything that doesn't confide to your narrow views is automatically "nonsense"?

And yet Conte starts consistently with Azpilicueta at centre back, Moses at right back, Kante in midfield, Hazard and Pedro on the wings and Fabregas as his most used 12th player....

Pep starts with small cb Otamendi, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus and Aguero.

The difference in height is plain to see, and that plays its part in the style of football these clubs try to play. 2 want the ball on the ground, 1 does not.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    And not only that, but they've been happy to take Qatar's dirty money is well.

Barcelona have become one of the most contemptible sports organisations in the world in recent years.

The mes que un club stuff is a load of self-righteouss bollocks, but they were decent enough up until recently. They've really taken a nose dive in the last 5-10 years.

You mean when they became the best club in Europe and upset your status quo?

Brrr..... whatever about his talent but do you really want that "character" in your dressing room....

So basically anything that doesn't confide to your narrow views is automatically "nonsense"?

And yet Conte starts consistently with Azpilicueta at centre back, Moses at right back, Kante in midfield, Hazard and Pedro on the wings and Fabregas as his most used 12th player....

Pep starts with small cb Otamendi, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus and Aguero.

The difference in height is plain to see, and that plays its part in the style of football these clubs try to play. 2 want the ball on the ground, 1 does not.

No, what is nonsense is nonsense, which most of the time is your posts.

Moses played as a wing back, yes he is 5.10 and Valencia is 5.11
    Defense was
    Cahill - 6.4
    Luiz - 6.2
    Azpi - 5.10
    Alonso - 6.2
    Kante - 5.6
    Matic - 6.4

That's the defensive side. Yeah he used one or two players just under 6 feet, big deal.

ManUtd' most used defense + midfield:
    Valencia - 5.11
    Rojo - 6.2
    Bailly - 6.2
    Blind - 5.11
    Herrera - 6
    Pogba 6.3

hardly anything in that. So yes, you are talking absolute rubbish.

You go on and on about Pedro and all that, ManUtd played Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford who are all under 6 feet. In the attacking 3 behind striker, Mata, Rashford and Mkhitaryan played most mins and all of them are under 6 feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

You mean when they became the best club in Europe and upset your status quo?

But Barca haven't upset the status quo.

They were always a massive club, they just became a bit more successful in the last 10 years then before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I get not liking Barcelona but this Neymar deal is dodgy as hell

• Advertisement
Advertisement