Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• inforfun wrote: »
    Brrr..... whatever about his talent but do you really want that "character" in your dressing room....

He seems a bit of a loose canon alright! But sure **** it, what harm.
    Eccentric is sometimes what's needed. As long as he's not as cracked as Balotelli

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    No, what is nonsense is nonsense, which most of the time is your posts.

Moses played as a wing back, yes he is 5.10 and Valencia is 5.11
    Defense was
    Cahill - 6.4
    Luiz - 6.2
    Azpi - 5.10
    Alonso - 6.2
    Kante - 5.6
    Matic - 6.4

That's the defensive side. Yeah he used one or two players just under 6 feet, big deal.

ManUtd' most used defense + midfield:
    Valencia - 5.11
    Rojo - 6.2
    Bailly - 6.2
    Blind - 5.11
    Herrera - 6
    Pogba 6.3

hardly anything in that. So yes, you are talking absolute rubbish.

You go on and on about Pedro and all that, ManUtd played Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford who are all under 6 feet. In the attacking 3 behind striker, Mata, Rashford and Mkhitaryan played most mins and all of them are under 6 feet.

And yet...they'd be the biggest team ever to win the league or European Cup. Playing a style of football that's optimal for big men to play. In an era where more top coaches are favouring a more technical game generally associated with smaller players. Thems the facts buddy and facts can't be nonsense no matter how much you might want them to be. Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku. Will we see that team this season? Entirely possible. It's land of giants, Jurrasic Park stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I love people who become hilariously outraged that people over 6 feet play football AND that sometimes the ball may go slightly off ground level. Its almost like some are horrified that there are multiple ways to play the game.

Shock horror not everyone uses tiki taka bs.
    KxivB9k_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

pjohnson wrote: »
    I love people who become hilariously outraged that people over 6 feet play football AND that sometimes the ball may go slightly off ground level. Its almost like some are horrified that there are multiple ways to play the game.

Shock horror not everyone uses tiki taka bs.

Nobody says that they have to. Yet when somebody says they sign big players, they play a physical game that suits those players it's the fans of that club that get all defensive. Nobody says you have to play tiki taka, but equally don't get all offended when somebody points out that you don't play that way. Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Are spurs signing anyone this window at all? Not ideal to be sitting on your hands after a season like they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

And yet...they'd be the biggest team ever to win the league or European Cup. Playing a style of football that's optimal for big men to play. In an era where more top coaches are favouring a more technical game generally associated with smaller players. Thems the facts buddy and facts can't be nonsense no matter how much you might want them to be. Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Rojo, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku. Will we see that team this season? Entirely possible. It's land of giants, Jurrasic Park stuff.

Yet Conte and Pep signed all the players who are above 6 feet.

It's not jurassic park, just that your posts are dumb and dumber (not that it's surprising).

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yet Conte and Pep signed all the players who are above 6 feet.

It's not jurassic park, just that your posts are dumb and dumber (not that it's surprising).

Prime example of my point in previous post. Look at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

klose wrote: »
    Are spurs signing anyone this window at all? Not ideal to be sitting on your hands after a season like they had.

I think they are avoiding getting caught up in the madness tbh

Nobody says that they have to. Yet when somebody says they sign big players, they play a physical game that suits those players it's the fans of that club that get all defensive. Nobody says you have to play tiki taka, but equally don't get all offended when somebody points out that you don't play that way. Easy.

If you take head out of Pep's arse you will see all the players signed are technically good, not just hoof merchants. But then, I would be asking too much from you. So not hoping anything positive on that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

****ing hell, who cares?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Prime example of my point in previous post. Look at that!

Again have to look at the post that was already proved wrong? Nice try.

How come Conte and Pep are signing players who are above 6 feet when the world football is preferring small technical players?

I hope you will be outraged with Pep's tactics if he tells Ederson to start unleashing this during the season. The ball comes ever so slightly off the grass.

https://twitter.com/GuardiolaTweets/status/891727877804371968

Aside from AIG being triggered I gotta say this is some great f*cking kick tbf. Definitely will lead to goals if hes allowed use that talent serious weapon.

Early days but Ederson seems an improvement on Bravo unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

klose wrote: »

Ross Barkley seems to be their most common link in the gossip columns anyway. It's an odd one.

The squad they had was incapable of competing on more than one front last season and it has now lost its starting right-back. Even if Poch is happy with Trippier as the new RB, you'd think there'd be an interest in back-up/competition.

There seems to be a lot of waiting and seeing - and it's hard to argue against it really. I mean, Son kicked on a lot last season after his first season so maybe Poch thinks he can get the same result from Janssen or Sissoko this time out?

And, on that basis, I guess there's no guarantee that replacing any of those players would actually result an improvement either.

Throw in their financial restrictions (wage bill and the new stadium) and maybe they are happier to sit tight than sign the wrong player?

I know if was a Spurs fan, I'd want a Rb, maybe a CB, a winger/attacker - just to fill out the numbers really.

Their first XI is superb but there's a big drop in quality there to the replacements, I think.

The first team squad listed on Wikipedia has just 22 players in it, including the likes of N'Koudou, Onomah, Carter-Vickers and Winks, all of whom are pretty inexperienced. Even adding in Edwards and Walker-Peters, it's still pretty short overall.

I hope you will be outraged with Pep's tactics if he tells Ederson to start unleashing this during the season. The ball comes ever so slightly off the grass.

https://twitter.com/GuardiolaTweets/status/891727877804371968

Aside from AIG being triggered I gotta say this is some great f*cking kick tbf. Definitely will lead to goals if hes allowed use that talent serious weapon.

1 kick in a pre season game vs 90 minutes of repeatedly kicking the ball back to Barcelona in a pre season game is not the same thing. That should be obvious.

http://www.football365.com/news/arsenal-hope-to-sell-seven-but-wages-a-problem

No real surprise in this one, but I wonder if it is going to be a growing phenomenon for PL sides. The money available to even mid-table and lower-end PL teams outstrips most of their European counterparts.

For e.g., Leicester spent pretty big on the likes of Slimani, Musa and Mendy last year with little success for one reason or other. But I can't imagine many of them would see similar wages paid if they were to head back to France, Russia, Portugal, etc

(may be a bad example as I don't know what wages they're on and that Leicester actually earned their higher profile signings by yknow, winning the title! But they popped into my head first.)

I just wonder now will we see dozens or really average footballers stuck in the reserves at PL sides for the coming seasons as nobody can afford to sign them. Or huge loan armies like Chelsea's because nobody wants to pay a fee. Or massive losses in fees from one season to the next as nobody can pay quite the same levels as PL sides.

Jesus thats some amount of deadwood on Arsenals squad. Thats a drain on resources for sure. If he could bin that lot he may release enough funds to try and get Özil tied down at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That wouldn't be hard on fairness. A fecking scarecrow would have stopped more than Bravo last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So basically anything that doesn't confide to your narrow views is automatically "nonsense"?

And yet Conte starts consistently with Azpilicueta at centre back, Moses at right back, Kante in midfield, Hazard and Pedro on the wings and Fabregas as his most used 12th player....

Pep starts with small cb Otamendi, Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus and Aguero.

The difference in height is plain to see, and that plays its part in the style of football these clubs try to play. 2 want the ball on the ground, 1 does not.
    And City with all the money they spent finished fourth. Maybe they need to have a look at that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And City with all the money they spent finished fourth. Maybe they need to have a look at that.

They have had a look at that. That's what this summer has been about. Which, finally, brings us back to transfers!

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Liverpool paid 34m for Mane last season. I'd assume that one is just made up to be honest.

If the bid is true it's a joke of an offer. He's probably worth around 50m in current market.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That wouldn't be hard on fairness. A fecking scarecrow would have stopped more than Bravo last season.

Lol very true.

Always somewhat amusing how generally crap Chileans manage to be in the PL when you see how good they are as a National Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He seems a bit of a loose canon alright! But sure **** it, what harm.
    Eccentric is sometimes what's needed. As long as he's not as cracked as Balotelli

Maybe he made the Dutch news a bit more because he kept van der Wiel out of the PSG team but that guy has to be very, very grateful he can kick a ball.
    Because without it he would be in jail or dead.

At least Balotelli hasnt hit a police man (yet) afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You'd have to love the arrogance of Barca if they were whiter than white but reporting PSG for tapping Neymar while they are in the middle of tapping up Coutinho very publicly just takes their fcuk you to the rest of football to a new level.

You'd have to love the arrogance of Barca if they were whiter than white but reporting PSG for tapping Neymar while they are in the middle of tapping up Coutinho very publicly just takes their fcuk you to the rest of football to a new level.

I doubt there's much tapping up required at all for Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I understand Neymer was the tapper rather than the tapee

Are there any age restrictions for posting in this thread ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I doubt there's much tapping up required at all for Coutinho.

On what do you base this, he seems very happy where he is.

Are there any age restrictions for posting in this thread ?

There is height restriction though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I am 6'3'' so i probably end up in Mourinho's side in this thread?

inforfun wrote: »
    I am 6'3'' so i probably end up in Mourinho's side in this thread?

You could be signed up to start central midfield if you aren't careful.

sword1 wrote: »
    On what do you base this, he seems very happy where he is.

It's Barcelona. He's lived in the city before, he's Brazilian, of course he wants to move.

• Advertisement

It's Barcelona. He's lived in the city before, he's Brazilian, of course he wants to move.

He told you that did he?

He told you that did he?

I used common sense. Powerful tool.

He told you that did he?

What self respecting person would dare turn down mes que un club. Where the president plays at CB and they represent the fight for their country. Never in the history of football would anyone turn down the mighty Barcelona.

Do you not find this obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

FFS

7 pages on the height of the man united team. If only we had a united super thread to facilitate such compelling debates.

If you used common sense you may have came to a completely different conclusion.

Couthino has already stated he wishes to stay with Liverpool and Klopp has confirmed this in the last few days.

Common sense tells me he's staying where he is for the time being anyway.

Maybe in two years time you'll see him in Barca but most definitely not next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Gavlor wrote: »
    FFS

7 pages on the height of the man united team. If only we had a united super thread to facilitate such compelling debates.

Well the sort of bull**** that was spouted would be called a lot quicker in the United thread..

Also 7 pages? Your doing boards wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

The fact that he played for Espanyol might mean that he doesnt want to play for Barcelona.

If you used common sense you may have came to a completely different conclusion.

Couthino has already stated he wishes to stay with Liverpool and Klopp has confirmed this in the last few days.

Common sense tells me he's staying where he is for the time being anyway.

Maybe in two years time you'll see him in Barca but most definitely not next season.

It could be in 2 years, it could be a lot sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hopefully we sign Crouch for extra hoofball danger.

He would add alot, would be cheap and is homegrown too.

Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Drinkwater to Chelsea is a strange one but a very talented cm all the same. Think it's only a matter of when now for Neymar. Actually looking forward to seeing him shine for PSG in the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The fact that he played for Espanyol might mean that he doesnt want to play for Barcelona.
    He isn't from the Catalan region, so that mightn't be as much of an issue for him as it would be for a local.

Quite the opposite. Lived in the city for a while, will probably have mingled a bit with Barcelona's players. Issue isn't whether Coutinho wants to join, it'll just be the price Liverpool want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pochettino to Barca soon so.

Pochettino to Barca soon so.

Way to take things out of context...good job guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Quite the opposite. Lived in the city for a while, will probably have mingled a bit with Barcelona's players. Issue isn't whether Coutinho wants to join, it'll just be the price Liverpool want.

Thats your opinion becuase you are a huge Barca fan. I'm not saying it will definitely be an issue.

For instance Ponchecttino said he wouldnt manage Barca due to Espanyol allegiance.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

eagle eye wrote: »

Finished 3rd, had to set that straight. :)

If Brazilians who have lived in Barcelona like Coutinho find it so irresistible to join the club its extremely strange that a Brazilian who has lived in Barcelona like Neymar now wants to leave the club. :pac:

If Brazilians who have lived in Barcelona like Coutinho find it so irresistible to join the club its extremely strange that a Brazilian who has lived in Barcelona like Neymar now wants to leave the club. :pac:

But he did join the club...he's been at the club for 4 seasons, he's won a Champions League, a couple of leagues and some Copa Del Rey's. Did you miss that stuff?

Anywho ignoring AIG again for sake of the thread but sticking with Brazilian transfers.

Richarlison a 20 year old Brazilian forward from Fluminense has agreed to join Watford for £13 million subject to work permit.

• Advertisement

Anywho ignoring AIG again for sake of the thread but sticking with Brazilian transfers.

Richarlison a 20 year old Brazilian forward from Fluminense has agreed to join Watford for £13 million subject to work permit.

Tranquilo ;)

Advertisement