Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neymar the air apparent to the best in the world leaving the biggest bestest club in the world for a club created 47 years ago with absolutely no history and in UEFA's 8th ranked European league really say more about the club he is leaving than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It could be in 2 years, it could be a lot sooner.

It won't be. Couthino seems to enjoy playing for Liverpool and working with Klopp.

They gave him a chance to succeed when Inter had him sitting on a bench. Theres no release clause in his Contract either so Barca would have to pay crazy money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

pjohnson wrote: »
    Anywho ignoring AIG again for sake of the thread but sticking with Brazilian transfers.

Richarlison a 20 year old Brazilian forward from Fluminense has agreed to join Watford for £13 million subject to work permit.

Ajax was convinced they got him the last 2 weeks.
    Instead now Berghuis has moved from Watford to Feyenoord and this guy moved to Watford.
    Ajax cant get much done so far this window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It won't be. Couthino seems to enjoy playing for Liverpool and working with Klopp.

They gave him a chance to succeed when Inter had him sitting on a bench. Theres no release clause in his Contract either so Barca would have to pay crazy money for him.

Around €100 million Liverpool say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

inforfun wrote: »
    Ajax was convinced they got him the last 2 weeks.
    Instead now Berghuis has moved from Watford to Feyenoord and this guy moved to Watford.
    Ajax cant get much done so far this window.

Ajax could still get him if the work permit goes arseways for England. Watford might have to loan him out.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have said he's not for sale so I don't know where you got that number from?

It'll be more, probably £120m at least.

No release clause, player is happy at Liverpool, Klopp wants him there, Liverpool don't need to sell, Liverpool can't spend £130m already, Barca getting 200m for Neymar, Barca fans upset about Neymar leaving, Barca wanting a big name for the fans.

Liverpool hold all the cards here and Barca should be taken to the cleaners if they want him.

Ajax could still get him if the work permit goes arseways for England. Watford might have to loan him out.

Wouldnt the Pozzo bros sent him to one of their other clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

astradave wrote: »
    Well the sort of bull**** that was spouted would be called a lot quicker in the United thread..

Also 7 pages? Your doing boards wrong

My eyes can only see such nonsense in small doses ;)

Wouldnt the Pozzo bros sent him to one of their other clubs?

Did they not sell a club or two? I thought they did. If not he'll be off to one of them and Ajax miss out again ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Did they not sell a club or two? I thought they did. If not he'll be off to one of them and Ajax miss out again ha.

Sold Grenada, still have Udinese, I think.

Work permit rules not as strict in Italy so could well farm him out for a few seasons if they can't get a permit for the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anywho ignoring AIG again for sake of the thread but sticking with Brazilian transfers.

Richarlison a 20 year old Brazilian forward from Fluminense has agreed to join Watford for £13 million subject to work permit.

Chelsea were after him apparently, probably would have ended up at Vitesse for 2 years before being sold.

Sold Grenada, still have Udinese, I think.

Work permit rules not as strict in Italy so could well farm him out for a few seasons if they can't get a permit for the PL.
    Ah yeah he'll be off there so if needs be.

Blast from the past Freddy Adu is still knocking about aged 28. Having a trail in Poland per SSN, but the manager has already said he doesn't want him :pac:

I dont know if I'm more shocked he is only 28 OR that he is still travelling the world club searching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Liverpool paid 34m for Mane last season. I'd assume that one is just made up to be honest.

Cost 34 million played brilliant is 25 and took the step up to a bigger club in stride. I think its fair to say hes only worth 35 now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Barca are desperate to replace Neymar, why not go after Sanchez? Hes a better player than Coutinho and would be far easier to get given his contract situation.

Whether he wants to go back is another thing though.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Cost 34 million played brilliant is 25 and took the step up to a bigger club in stride. I think its fair to say hes only worth 35 now :pac:

Fecking transfer fees getting out of hand at this stage. :pac:

I am 6'3'' so i probably end up in Mourinho's side in this thread?

Im 6 ft stuck in the middle :(
    Does that mean I'm somewhere like modern Stoke

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Barca are desperate to replace Neymar, why not go after Sanchez? Hes a better player than Coutinho and would be far easier to get given his contract situation.

Whether he wants to go back is another thing though.

The moment they sold him to Arsenal is for me when it all started , slowly but certainly, to go downhill for them.
    irishman86 wrote: »
    Im 6 ft stuck in the middle :(
    Does that mean I'm somewhere like modern Stoke

Dunno... how is you wet tuesday night form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

The moment they sold him to Arsenal is for me when it all started , slowly but certainly, to go downhill for them.

If only the converse could be said for Arsenal

Quite the opposite. Lived in the city for a while, will probably have mingled a bit with Barcelona's players. Issue isn't whether Coutinho wants to join, it'll just be the price Liverpool want.

The only player I see him having mingled with is Rafinha, not that Im arguing with you about him moving just this point.
    But Alves is gone as is Thiago and Neymar is out the door.
    Even Barcelona players dont hang out as friends as seen when Zlatan was there, he hung out with Pique all the time but not really the others and they were team mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Coutinho would be a fool to turn down Barca if the opportunity arouse. A bigger club, more chance of success, playing alongside one of the best players ever to play the game, for more money and in a far nicer city.

I really hope Liverpool don't allow him the choice, but wouldn't blame him for wanting the move. Only a fool would turn that opportunity down

• Advertisement

Fecking transfer fees getting out of hand at this stage. :pac:

Inter the heros we never thought we needed :pac:

L'prof wrote: »
    If only the converse could be said for Arsenal

Started spending a season too late.
    I doubt Van Persie would have left if Ozil and Sanchez had come a year earlier then they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Literally won a treble, a league and cup double, world club cup, European supercup and another Copa Del Rey since then. Downhill.

Since the child it just hasnt been the same :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Started spending a season too late.
    I doubt Van Persie would have left if Ozil and Sanchez had come a year earlier then they did.

Started spending as soon as they could afford to if you ask me, not that it's made a whole lot of difference either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Liverpool would be mad to sell him for that. They shouldn't accept a penny less than what Barca get for Neymar. He's not worth that obviously, but Liverpool right now are short on quality player, not money. £100m is eff all use as Liverpool can't attract an adequate replacement for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

inforfun wrote:

Didn't they win a champions league & la liga 9 months later.....I wish I went downhill that fast. :pac:
    When they started buying players like Mathieu, Andre Gomes, Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal, letting Alves go and not signing a right back & Vermaelen. Even Alcacer & Umtiti haven't done much to fill me with confidence long term.
    Not finding someone to step in for Iniesta or Mascherano.
    Now that is where it went wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Liverpool have said he's not for sale so I don't know where you got that number from?

It'll be more, probably £120m at least.

No release clause, player is happy at Liverpool, Klopp wants him there, Liverpool don't need to sell, Liverpool can't spend £130m already, Barca getting 200m for Neymar, Barca fans upset about Neymar leaving, Barca wanting a big name for the fans.

Liverpool hold all the cards here and Barca should be taken to the cleaners if they want him.

But if the player wants out, would you still want the player at the team, holding him against his will, I know I wouldnt, I don't care how good he was.
    This would be all settled if he just came out and said he's waiting, till he does then it's open season, and I'm expecting him to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So that will be a midfield of Fellaini, Matic, Pogba against other title contenders?
    Not pretty but i guess it will get the 0-0's Mourinho wants in those matches.
    Yeah, can add him [Herrera] too.
    I like him. Too bad he doesnt play for a manager who wants to play football more often.

Now dont get me wrong, if a job needs to be done, it doesnt matter how it is done, as long as its done. And i am mostly referring to the EL final.
    Those who i dont mention from Amsterdam wouldnt have shut up till 2023 if Mourinho hadnt beat them.
    Herrera took a few months to really cement himself in the starting XI last year but then started something like 25 of our last 30 games last season. He was also named our player of the year, only DDG played more games for us and only DDG and Pogba had more starts. It's pretty safe to say that Herrera is one of the very first names on the team sheet and rather than not being surprised by it, I would fully expect to see him wearing the captain's armband quite a bit this season.

He started the EL final and semi final (both legs), both league games and the FA Cup semi final against Chelsea, both games against Arsenal, one of the City games (the other being in September), one against Tottenham (the other being the second last game of the year when top 4 was out of reach), both games against Liverpool, both against 7th place Everton, one against 8th place Southampton (the other being the last game of the season - no top four) and both games against reigning champions Leicester.

Not sure how that fits in with the Mourinho doesn't like playing football narrative, though.

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Liverpool would be mad to seek him for that. They shouldn't accept a penny less than what Barca get for Neymar. He's not worth that obviously, but Liverpool right now are short on quality player, not money. £100m is eff all use as Liverpool can't attract an adequate replacement for that
    If people thought the Manchester Clubs overspent god help Barca if Neymar goes and they get 220m. No club will do business with them without adding about 30-40m extra onto a fee at least.

Once the player is under contract and even with the tapping up routine they will find it very difficult to pry any player away without an exorbitant fee. You reap what you sow.

Shame "La Masia" has suddenly dried up dramatically.

But if the player wants out, would you still want the player at the team, holding him against his will, I know I wouldnt, I don't care how good he was.
    This would be all settled if he just came out and said he's waiting, till he does then it's open season, and I'm expecting him to leave.

Suarez wanted to leave but we didn't sell him. A he stayed for one more season and had his best ever season at Liverpool.

Couthino has said wants to stay already. Klopp confirmed this last weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Well that's not what is happening with vvd and keita, everyone knows they want to leave. I see nothing from Coutinho to say he is not happy and he has a strong contract also.

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Suarez wanted to leave but we didn't sell him. A he stayed for one more season and had his best ever season at Liverpool.

Tbf of course Klopp is going to say this!!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf of course Klopp is going to say this!!

Both player and manager have said he's staying so that's all we can base on whether he stays or leaves.

Literally won a treble, a league and cup double, world club cup, European supercup and another Copa Del Rey since then. Downhill.

And?

Are you saying they didnt decline over the last 2 years? Not even coming close to winning the CL despite having Messi, Neymar and Suarez?
    Isnt everything else than La Liga or CL just a consolation price for them?

And it is not just about result when i mention decline.
    The sympathy people have for that club is on a rapid decline as well. Even in Holland people are thinking that all the complaining they do is becoming a bit rich.
    The damage they have done to their image in the last couple of years is probably a lot worse than not winning la liga last year or the cl in the last 2 years.

• Advertisement

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Both player and manager have said he's staying so that's all we can base on whether he stays or leaves.

Has Coutihno said this publicly?

ERG89 wrote: »
    Didn't they win a champions league & la liga 9 months later.....I wish I went downhill that fast. :pac:
    When they started buying players like Mathieu, Andre Gomes, Arda Turan, Aleix Vidal, letting Alves go and not signing a right back & Vermaelen. Even Alcacer & Umtiti haven't done much to fill me with confidence long term.
    Not finding someone to step in for Iniesta or Mascherano.
    Now that is where it went wrong.

Which all happened after Sanchez left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Coutinho does sign for Barca we will all miss M!Ck^'s Barca scouts are in the crowd comments in the Liverpool match threads.

But Suarez left, even after he had his best ever season at Liverpool. It's clear Couthino is playing both sides, Barca would not be coming in with bids without knowing Couthino was game to leave. He's hiding behind Klopp now and untill he comes and posts on twitter or releases a statement saying he waiting that's when I'd believe him.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has Coutihno said this publicly?

Yes I read somewhere last week about him saying it. I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »

Not sure how that fits in with the Mourinho doesn't like playing football narrative, though.

If you had read\quoted my 3rd post on the matter, you might
    L'prof wrote: »
    Started spending as soon as they could afford to if you ask me, not that it's made a whole lot of difference either way

I know they couldnt start sooner than they did.

sword1 wrote: »
    Well that's not what is happening with vvd and keita, everyone knows they want to leave. I see nothing from Coutinho to say he is not happy and he has a strong contract also.

With VVD that was soured with all the apologies, but I thought thst wasn't even dead in the water.
    Keita is a strange one all right.

But Suarez left, even after he had his best ever season at Liverpool. It's clear Couthino is playing both sides, Barca would not be coming in with bids without knowing Couthino was game to leave. He's hiding behind Klopp now and untill he comes and posts on twitter or releases a statement saying he waiting that's when I'd believe him.

Liverpool had an agreement with Suarez that he could leave the following year.

How would Barca know Couthino wanted to leave before making a bid? Liverpool have said he is not been sold so surely they haven't given permission for Barca to talk to him? I'm sure Barca wouldn't tap up Couthino especially considering they themselves are reporting PSG for tapping up Neymar?

With VVD that was soured with all the apologies, but I thought thst wasn't even dead in the water.
    Keita is a strange one all right.

The point I was making is that you said you would not want a player to stay that wanted to leave and I was saying that it is the norm now and I don't see anything to indicate Coutinho wants to leave

Liverpool had an agreement with Suarez that he could leave the following year.

How would Barca know Couthino wanted to leave before making a bid? Liverpool have said he is not been sold so surely they haven't given permission for Barca to talk to him? I'm sure Barca wouldn't tap up Couthino especially considering they themselves are reporting PSG for tapping up Neymar?

I don't know if they are tapping up and can't answer that question, but I think Barcelona wouldn't put this much effort in with the player willing to leave Liverpool without that knowledge .
    But the fact remains he hasn't pledged to Liverpool and I don't care what Klopp says.
    What would you say if he handed in a transfer request, would you still want Liverpool to reject it and hold onto him?

The point I was making is that you said you would not want a player to stay that wanted to leave and I was saying that it is the norm now and I don't see anything to indicate Coutinho wants to leave

Yea and I replied the VVD transfer is not dead,and it's far from the norm holding a player that doesn't want to play for the club.

Yea and I replied the VVD transfer is not dead,and it's far from the norm holding a player that doesn't want to play for the club.

Ye should have got yaya a birthday cake so, or else got rid

Ye should have got yaya a birthday cake so, or else got rid

No need for digs, and his **** of a manager was the one stirring the pot, Yaya didn't say anything.

No need for digs, and his **** of a manager was the one stirring the pot, Yaya didn't say anything.

OK, but I still don't see anything reliable that Coutinho wants to leave and while Klopp saying he wants to stay might not be gospel it would sour relations if Coutinho was saying differently and klopp was telling lies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If you had read\quoted my 3rd post on the matter, you might
    You mean this one?
    Strictly looking at the matches where there is stuff to win and\or where the opponents are deemed of equal or greater strength than his team and he goes for the trench war tactics.

He will not do it against 8th or lower in the league.

I am not saying he is wrong all the time in those cases. As i said, he was dead right to do it in the EL final.

Nope, sorry - already addressed this in the post you just replied to. Mourinho started Herrera in the EL final and semis, and every single meaningful match* against top 8 teams last season barring City in September. Fellaini meanwhile started neither of the games against Arsenal, nor against Spurs, nor the Chelsea FA Cup fixture, only one against Liverpool and one against Everton.

*Two exceptions being the last two games of the season against Southampton and Spurs where we had nothing to play for in the league.

That's a total of 16 of our biggest games (7 other top 8 teams minus the two matches above = 12 games, plus Chelsea FA Cup semi, plus EL semis and final). Herrera started 15 of these, Fellaini meanwhile started 10.

If we are only talking about league games against other top 8 teams, then Herrera started 11 of those 12, while Fellaini started 7.

You're wrong, is what I'm saying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement