Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

sword1 wrote: »
    OK, but I still don't see anything reliable that Coutinho wants to leave and while Klopp saying he wants to stay might not be gospel it would sour relations if Coutinho was saying differently and klopp was telling lies

Cant see Klopp telling lies but I dont think Coutinho been completly on the level either,by the end of the month one of us will be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Billy86 wrote: »
    You mean this one?

Nope, sorry - already addressed this in the post you just replied to. Mourinho started Herrera in the EL final and semis, and every single meaningful match* against top 8 teams last season barring City in September. Fellaini meanwhile started neither of the games against Arsenal, nor against Spurs, nor the Chelsea FA Cup fixture, only one against Liverpool and one against Everton.

*Two exceptions being the last two games of the season against Southampton and Spurs where we had nothing to play for in the league.

That's a total of 16 of our biggest games (7 other top 8 teams minus the two matches above = 12 games, plus Chelsea FA Cup semi, plus EL semis and final). Herrera started 15 of these, Fellaini meanwhile started 10.

If we are only talking about league games against other top 8 teams, then Herrera started 11 of those 12, while Fellaini started 7.

You're wrong, is what I'm saying.

I wasnt trying to say that he doesnt play Herrera. I am just saying he can play nicer football than Mourinho allows him to in the matches where it is against equal or better opposition or in finals.
    Or are you suggesting utd was playing attractive in the EL final or the 0-0 vs City to name just 2.

Anyway... transfers.

Hope these **** announcements die as fast as they came up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

pjohnson wrote: »
    Shame "La Masia" has suddenly dried up dramatically.
    It hasn't dried up, the players have to be given a chance to show whether they have it or not.

Barca are just like Real Madrid right now, they just buy who they want and forget the youth.

Wait until you see Everton's new signing next season. Sandro Ramirez was a tidy player under age but got out without a buy back clause and got himself a really low buyout clause too when he signed for Malaga. One season there is all it took for him to prove himself. Munir is wasting away there at the minute and not getting any football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

inforfun wrote: »
    Anyway... transfers.

Hope these **** announcements die as fast as they came up.
    Well at least we can agree on that! :pac:

Seriously have to wonder how they think these are good ideas (and what is up with the ridiculously awful production values on them - it's not even expensive to at least shoot it somewhat decently!). Southampton and Stuart Taylor at least did a good job taking the piss out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Liverpool had an agreement with Suarez that he could leave the following year.

How would Barca know Couthino wanted to leave before making a bid? Liverpool have said he is not been sold so surely they haven't given permission for Barca to talk to him? I'm sure Barca wouldn't tap up Couthino especially considering they themselves are reporting PSG for tapping up Neymar?

Because they talk to the agents instead, that's the problem, it's when clubs directly contact the player, that's when it becomes troublesome. Tbh every club is at it. They would definitely talk to his agent and see if he fancies it. There is no way that a club would throw in a 100m bid without having assurances that the player wants the move.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well at least we can agree on that! :pac:

Seriously have to wonder how they think these are good ideas (and what is up with the ridiculously awful production values on them - it's not even expensive to at least shoot it somewhat decently!). Southampton and Stuart Taylor at least did a good job taking the piss out of it.

Well supposedly they hijacked his transfer to B&H Albion, that's what the video is implying.. still fecking awful :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has Coutihno said this publicly?

No but Sakho Le Le president has :pac::pac::pac::pac:

According to a piece in a Dutch newspaper, this Neymar deal is happening because the sheiks are pissed of with Barca for not renewing their contract with Qatar Airways.
    Barca signed with Rakuten

Qatar Investment and Qatar Airways are pals and as a revenge wanted to break up MSN.

fwiw.

According to a piece in a Dutch newspaper, this Neymar deal is happening because the sheiks are pissed of with Barca for not renewing their contract with Qatar Airways.

Qatar Investment and Qatar Airways are pals and as a revenge wanted to break up MSN.

fwiw.

I seen this tweet and laughed :D

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/892262074235076608

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

fwiw.

You don't **** with the Arabs, bottomless well of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

so is it happening or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

so is it happening or what?
    Yeah, it's happening, Jesus Navas to Sevilla...

https://twitter.com/SevillaFC/status/892341741042499584

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Robbie Keane reported to be joining Indian Super League club Atletico De Kolkota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Following his boyhood dream, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

pjohnson wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    That wouldn't be hard on fairness. A fecking scarecrow would have stopped more than Bravo last season.

Lol very true.

Always somewhat amusing how generally crap Chileans manage to be in the PL when you see how good they are as a National Team.

I can think of 3 players off the top of my head.

Vargas,Bravo and Sanchez. Who am I forgetting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I can think of 3 players off the top of my head.

Vargas,Bravo and Sanchez. Who am I forgetting?

Medel at Cardiff

Beausejour.
    Jara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

martyos121 wrote: »

He boyhood dream was actually to play for Atletico De Calcutta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,536 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Those #xxxxxannounced videos need to die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Beausejour.
    Jara

Mark Gonzalez was the first failed Chilean when he joined Liverpool.

• Advertisement

BBC are reporting Neymar given permission to leave, Bouhafsi stating he wasn't training today

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/892659616043212800
    "Neymar has been given permission to leave Barcelona as he looks set to join PSG in a massive deal http://bbc.in/2vhkhZr #FCB #PSG"

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/892655870223540224

Translation: "#Neymar to left Barca training centre,-30 minutes after his arrival without practicing. The outcome is close #PSG"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He stopped by at training to say goodbye to teammates who had grown sick of his attitude. Good riddance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

astradave wrote: »
    BBC are reporting Neymar given permission to leave, Bouhafsi stating he wasn't training today

https://twitter.com/bbcsport/status/892659616043212800
    "Neymar has been given permission to leave Barcelona as he looks set to join PSG in a massive deal http://bbc.in/2vhkhZr #FCB #PSG"

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/892655870223540224

Translation: "#Neymar to left Barca training centre,-30 minutes after his arrival without practicing. The outcome is close #PSG"

Going from a club that plays football to a "club" that plays at football.

FFP will do sweet fcuk all of course.

e03fcbd1ba0ebd49a17fc7ef3ed4d8e8.png

Neymar Jr skips training with Barca's permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Who is Neymar's agent? It's going to be some pay day for whoever it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Has Neymar actually come out and whinged about how he wants to leave or that he's being treated like a slave, etc.?

IIRC, he's said absolutely nothing on the matter. He's let the business be done behind closed doors. If that is the case (and I'm open to correction), I can't see any problem with his behavior, tbh.

If he wants to go, fair enough, people will be pissed, but he's turned up for training, he's played in pre-season, he hasn't been running his mouth off in the media. He's done his job at Barca so far in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Who is Neymar's agent? It's going to be some pay day for whoever it is.
    His father, iirc.

He stopped by at training to say goodbye to teammates who had grown sick of his attitude. Good riddance.

Yeah that's why El Presidente Pique was begging him to stay, cause his attitude sticks up the place

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah that's why El Presidente Pique was begging him to stay, cause his attitude sticks up the place

El Presidente AIG takes precedence of El Presidente Pique. If AIG dislikes the attitude they are finished regardless of Pique confirming he stays.

Just reading on twitter that PSG are meeting up with La Liga officials, as La Liga are refusing to accept the activation of the release clause. They don't believe that it meets with FFP. This could drag on (as usual).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just reading on twitter that PSG are meeting up with La Liga officials, as La Liga are refusing to accept the activation of the release clause. They don't believe that it meets with FFP. This could drag on (as usual).

I dont think thats up to those officials to worry about.

FFP is a dead duck anyway, PSG will just invent a new "sponsor" from the Qatar Sports Investment and their ties and give themselves a cash injection of 300m.

Theyve cooked the books before with sponsors so I wouldnt be shocked to see it again, its up to UEFA to act on it but they wont.

FFP was a big buzzword a few years ago but its taking a backseat recently

I wonder what will happen if this Neymar deal does happen. It will surely trigger a wave of overinflated moves that will go on until deadline. They should really close the window before the seasons get started.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think thats up to those officials to worry about.

FFP is a dead duck anyway, PSG will just invent a new "sponsor" from the Qatar Sports Investment and their ties and give themselves a cash injection of 300m.

Theyve cooked the books before with sponsors so I wouldnt be shocked to see it again, its up to UEFA to act on it but they wont.

FFP was a big buzzword a few years ago but its taking a backseat recently

Ah yeah I guessed so. There is nothing that the La Liga officials can do. It's nothing to do with them really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its going to be a poison chalice for Barca too, everyone will just start making up even more mental prices if they come in for a player.

No matter who they buy anyway, they wont directly replace Neymars quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

But wait Pique the next Barca President said he was staying?

I'm confused why would he lie like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

La Liga officials are just a cry babies. It has nothing to do with them, whether the club is in compliance with FFP or not. It's for UEFA to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

La Liga should worry more about why players and clubs in seem to want and do circumvent Spanish tax laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm just imagining if it didn't go through; Neymar turning up to training like George Costanza after he quit pretending nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm just imagining if it didn't go through; Neymar turning up to training like George Costanza after he quit pretending nothing happened.

Best analogy ever.

• Advertisement

The money is useless to Barca IMO, players they want will still be out of reach. Veratti, Coutinho, no chance.

This is glorious seen one of the Spanish big 2 having one of there best players taken from them. Throwing their weight around for far too long, bit of humbling will do them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

rob316 wrote: »
    The money is useless to Barca IMO, players they want will still be out of reach. Veratti, Coutinho, no chance.

This is glorious seen one of the Spanish big 2 having one of there best players taken from them. Throwing their weight around for far too long, bit of humbling will do them good.

Disagree about Coutinho, if he pushed for a move Liverpool would probably have to sell. If they got Dembele and Coutinho as replacements they would come out stronger.

They lose out big time marketing wise though, Neymar's image rights alone and his marketability.

That said they've also had to shovel money at him and his dad to keep him happy. Paid him something like e206m since 2013.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

martyos121 wrote: »

Am I the only one who thought this stopped being funny a long time ago :confused:

Lukker- wrote: »
    Disagree about Coutinho, if he pushed for a move Liverpool would probably have to sell. If they got Dembele and Coutinho as replacements they would come out stronger.

They lose out big time marketing wise though, Neymar's image rights alone and his marketability.

That said they've also had to shovel money at him and his dad to keep him happy. Paid him something like e206m since 2013.

The thing about Coutinho is he has been tipped for Barcelona for a while now, whether you think he is good enough or not he has always look destined to go there some day. The other side of that is him and his agent would have known about Barca's interest, why wouldn't they insist on a release clause in his new 6 year contract he signed in May?
    My opinion (I know its football things change) is that the player is happy at Liverpool and has no interest in pushing for a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If it's true and the Arabs are paying Neymar 300 million to be ambassador,and he buys out his contract with Barca... technically he is a free agent yes,and could sign for anyone ..

Be beyond hilarious if Madrid we're behind this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

They could sort out their defence and midfield with this money.

It's a great deal for Barca, the don't need Neymar most of the time anyway, his presence for Barca means that instead of them winning 2-0 they win 3-0.

• Advertisement

They could sort out their defence and midfield with this money.

It's a great deal for Barca, the don't need Neymar most of the time anyway, his presence for Barca means that instead of them winning 2-0 they win 3-0.

Suarez and Messi are both 30, Neymar is only 25. Nothing is coming through the academy, I'd argue they need him now more than ever and even more in future years. Huge loss to Barcelona, ego will be badly dented too PSG just snatching their player.

La Liga should worry more about why players and clubs in seem to want and do circumvent Spanish tax laws.

Why them particularly?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/43-premier-league-footballers-investigated-9416001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

It's Pique announcing Neymar as staying, rightly so considering it's Pique that seems to have to mop up all the damage this Barcelona board does. To paraphrase a few tweets I've seen, why does Pique have to do everything? And it's essentially Pique and Messi holding Barcelona together. It'll be a happy day when Pique is actually president of the club.

Anyway, ye, Neymar stays.

PFBz8Bv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The thing about Coutinho is he has been tipped for Barcelona for a while now, whether you think he is good enough or not he has always look destined to go there some day. The other side of that is him and his agent would have known about Barca's interest, why wouldn't they insist on a release clause in his new 6 year contract he signed in May?
    My opinion (I know its football things change) is that the player is happy at Liverpool and has no interest in pushing for a move.

Suarez signed a new contract without a release clause, and was still sold the following summer. Players will sign anything if they can get more dough.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Suarez signed a new contract without a release clause, and was still sold the following summer. Players will sign anything if they can get more dough.

Nope he pushed for the Arsenal move, had a sulk, told he wasn't been sold. Signed a new big money contract which had a £75m release clause that could be triggered by Barca or Madrid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement