Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theres a bit of conjucture, like all transfer rumours, in the Sanchez/Ozil article.

I do think at least one will be sold though and if I was an Arsenal fan, I'd be praying for Ozil to be sold over Sanchez.

Raiola on Lukaku - from Talksport.
    Lukaku has a promsie that if certain clubs come in for him this summer he could leave Everton. We are not in concrete talks with anybody now but hearing the market, I think some clubs will be in touch. If the price is right for Everton and the project for Lukaku,then I think he'll want to make another step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/869897500869742592

Liverpool have entered the race to sign Benjamin Mendy.

ESPN Sources

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

zerks wrote: »
    Liverpool will monitor the hell out of him.

Then he will join City...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool will monitor the hell out of him.

Then he will join City...

Nice change of pace from monitoring the hell out of someone and then they join Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres a bit of conjucture, like all transfer rumours, in the Sanchez/Ozil article.

I do think at least one will be sold though and if I was an Arsenal fan, I'd be praying for Ozil to be sold over Sanchez.

Not for me, I think Ozil is a level above Sanchez. Sanchez out Cavani in maybe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Raiola on Lukaku - from Talksport.

"Certain clubs" meaning ones with Champions League, I'm guessing? Would adore him at United...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "Certain clubs" meaning ones with Champions League, I'm guessing? Would adore him at United...

Thats my thinking of it too.

Although I do expect Everton to ask for insane money for him, unless of course Lukaku pushes for the move and given who is agent is, I wouldnt be surprised if hes gone within the next few weeks.

I certainly dont want Chelsea to be going into another summer sage of slap and tickle with Everton over a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Portuguese press saying Ederson to City has completed for 40 million euro.

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=3&id=675191&fb=1

Done deal. Ederson Moraes signed this contract Wednesday with Manchester City for five seasons, valid until 2022, transfer consummated for 40 million euros.

The Brazilian goalkeeper returned to Lisbon tonight and, in exclusive statements to A BOLA and A BOLA TV, did not hide his satisfaction with the new career in the service of the English club.

"I'm very happy, the first impressions were very good," said the 23-year-old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

United have rejected a bid of £60m from Real Madrid for De Gea, according to Sky Sports.

Still see that transfer happening by the end of August though, he might not get a chance to play for Real again and it's a great time to join them.

If City just paid 40m for Ederson then Utd are going to hold out for more.

Unless of course De Gea wants to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Unless DDG is really forcing a move then Real should be laughted out of it with a 60m bid.

Thats a big call by Pep going for such an inexperienced keeper.I thought he would go for a more establisted name considering the problems last season.

rwbug wrote: »
    ...transfer consummated for 40 million euros...

Sounds like they were screwed alright...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

They're gas.
    Football Manager is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

yabadabado wrote: »
    Unless DDG is really forcing a move then Real should be laughted out of it with a 60m bid.

Thats a big call by Pep going for such an inexperienced keeper.I thought he would go for a more establisted name considering the problems last season.

I cant think of an established keeper who fits the bill for what he wants to be honest. It is a risk though.

SlickRic wrote: »
    They're gas.
    Football Manager is an understatement.

Lets wait till we see who actually comes through the door rather than slagging off based on random newspaper gossip.

Atleticos transfer ban has been upheld until January 2018, apparently.

Possibily big implactions for Utd & Griezmann and Chelsea & Costa.

They can still buy players but they cant be registered to play until the 1st of January, Barca themselves done similar when they bought Turan from Atletico 2 years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Players are still allowed to leave under a transfer registration ban. The club just can't register new players. If a club meets Griezemanns release clause he's gone.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Players are still allowed to leave under a transfer registration ban. The club just can't register new players. If a club meets Griezemanns release clause he's gone.

Oh I know that but it would leave a very bitter taste in the mouth if Griezmann upped sticks now without a replacement being brought in, I think either way, hes Utd bound at some stage and this decision without being able to strgenthen until January will probably push Griezmann out the door quicker.

Whats his buy out clause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Atleticos transfer ban has been upheld until January 2018, apparently.

Possibily big implactions for Utd & Griezmann and Chelsea & Costa.

Looks like United aren't in for Griezmann anymore according to Ducker and Stone on Twitter.

Johner wrote: »
    Looks like United aren't in for Griezmann anymore according to Ducker and Stone on Twitter.

I reckon they'll go after Lukaku, himself or Kane would be ideal for what Jose usually wants from a #9.

Kane wont go anywhere though and Lukaku is worth 100m according to his agent, if they are in for Lukaku, it remains to be seen would Lukaku work with Jose again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I reckon they'll go after Lukaku, himself or Kane would be ideal for what Jose usually wants from a #9.

Kane wont go anywhere though and Lukaku is worth 100m according to his agent, if they are in for Lukaku, it remains to be seen would Lukaku work with Jose again.

I think Lukaku's first choice is Chelsea, he feels like he has unfinished business at the club. If we aren't in for him though I can see him ending up at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

God I would love Kane at United, he is just about as good as it gets for a #9 these days. I know Lukaku scores plenty of goals but I'm just not fully sold on him when I see him, I wonder what the relationship between he and Jose was like at Chelsea?

What would it take to force Levy's hand to sell Kane? £110 million?? £150 million?? Worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is that the same agent that sold all the players to utd last summer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Di Marzio says Mbappe is United's number 1 target. Morata the 2nd choice then Griezmann.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    God I would love Kane at United, he is just about as good as it gets for a #9 these days. I know Lukaku scores plenty of goals but I'm just not fully sold on him when I see him, I wonder what the relationship between he and Jose was like at Chelsea?

What would it take to force Levy's hand to sell Kane? £110 million?? £150 million?? Worth every penny.

Lukakus relationship wasnt meant to be that bad with Jose, even towards the end. It was Lukaku that wanted out, he was being kept as 3rd choice behind Torres and Eto'o and Ba was to be loaned but he pulled a strop and wanted out.

I cant see Kane leaving anytime soon, hes central to what Spurs are doing and Levy is notorious for not being a pushover with selling players. Unless Kane was trying to force a move, I cant see him leaving within the next 2, maybe 3 years, if Spurs dont push on and win titles however, I think he'll leave.
    Is that the same agent that sold all the players to utd last summer :p

Yup, Pogba, Ibra and Mickey Tarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Benfica have announced Edersons departure an hour ago. What are City waiting for?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Benfica have announced Edersons departure an hour ago. What are City waiting for?

Dotting the I's and crossing the T's on the third party ownership side of it. Basically making sure everything is cleared and okayed before announcing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dotting the I's and crossing the T's on the third party ownership side of it. Basically making sure everything is cleared and okayed before announcing.

Always reminds me of Odemwingie when theres a delay like this. Be quite awkward if deal fell apart now and he had to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RobertKK wrote: »
    Di Marzio says Mbappe is United's number 1 target. Morata the 2nd choice then Griezmann.

Yeah right!

Morata is heading for Milan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Time for Arsenal to make a move on Lacazette with Atletico failing to get the ban over turned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Darren Fletcher to sign for Stoke when deals run out at Wba.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Darren Fletcher to sign for Stoke when deals run out at Wba.

I thought he was happy at wba so am surprised at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I thought he was happy at wba so am surprised at that

Didn't meet his contact demands apparently.

Since he signed for them in Feb 2015 he hasn't missed a league game for them .

91 games, 90 starts ,1 sub appearance.
    Very impressive considering his illness.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Didn't meet his contact demands apparently.

Since he signed for them in Feb 2015 he hasn't missed a league game for them .

91 games, 90 starts ,1 sub appearance.
    Very impressive considering his illness.

Great record, exemplary pro and seems a nice guy. Despite been a city fan good to see him recover from what is a horrific and often underestimated illness.

Dont blame him for moving on.

In saying that him and Glenn Whelan central midfield for stoke next year uuurrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

The scenes if Arsenal come in for Griezmann. Smells like bs to me though. Expect a full on Pogba-esque sh*t storm to last all summer

Burial. wrote: »
    The scenes if Arsenal come in for Griezmann. Smells like bs to me though. Expect a full on Pogba-esque sh*t storm to last all summer

Release clause and lack of agent means it shouldn't devolve into that.

If it's happening, this won't be a complicated deal, but given today's reports, I just think this isn't a "drama" but just fell through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Burial. wrote: »

Arsenal won't trigger his release clause .I think he probably stays at AM for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

****in insane if true, no way are Liverpool paying that for Salah

https://twitter.com/skykaveh/status/870382351687319552

L'Equippe saying Arsenal have offered €100m for Mbappe.

All European clubs know if they are selling to a club in England they can nearly double the going rate for a player in this window.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Arsenal & 100m

kdR7j_s-200x150.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:

At least if Monaco print that bid out they have a quick makeshift coaster for a coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

astradave wrote: »
    Arsenal & 100m

kdR7j_s-200x150.gif

+ €1
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wenger has been following Mbappe for a while. I remember seeing an interview he gave to Ligue 1's official Youtube page months ago where he talks openly about seeing similarities with him and Henry.

It doesn't shock me that he would make a bid but I think he will be left disappointed.

Last week they said Liverpool offered €86m for him.

Wenger has been following Mbappe for a while. I remember seeing an interview he gave to Ligue 1's official Youtube page months ago where he talks openly about seeing similarities with him and Henry.

It doesn't shock me that he would make a bid but I think he will be left disappointed.

This is the follow up on that report

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/870386019987804166

• Advertisement
Advertisement