Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

L'Equipe say a Barca deal for Dembele is close. Terms agreed for player, negotiations start at €100 million. Barca hope to present the player at the Gamper Trophy game on Monday. Potentially great buy.

And Dortmund CEO Watzke said that he's going nowhere, even for €100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He'll go further than Neymar. Much further.

You reckon he'll go to Zenit next so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    After the killer blow, that's a big downgrade in talent

I'm no barca fan but there is huge talent there and he'll be a great buy for whoever gets him next. Granted he's not as far along in his development as a 25 year old Neymar.

If they add Coutinho to that along with them sorting out a decent right back and possibly a centre back, I actually do think barca will come out of the window stronger than they went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hard to see given your proclamation that Neymar is the best player in the world outside of Messi/Ronaldo and will be the best player and main man at Barca for years to come.

Oh, right, wait. He stopped playing for Barca so you need to change your tune. Funny how predictable your little act is though. But hey, I replied as did others so I guess you're happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm no barca fan but there is huge talent there and he'll be a great buy for whoever gets him next. Granted he's not as far along in his development as a 25 year old Neymar.

If they add Coutinho to that along with them sorting out a decent right back and possibly a centre back, I actually do think barca will come out of the window stronger than they went in.

Pretty good article by Sid Lowe here presenting the case that Barcelona may be better off not buying any replacement for Neymar this summer .

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/3171363/barcelona-might-want-to-sit-tight-and-not-spend-after-world-record-neymar-sale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pretty good article by Sid Lowe here presenting the case that Barcelona may be better off not buying any replacement for Neymar this summer .

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/3171363/barcelona-might-want-to-sit-tight-and-not-spend-after-world-record-neymar-sale

I wouldn't be so sure, losing Neymar means they're a lot further behind the superior Real Madrid than they already were to begin with. With Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Pique, Turan and Mascherano and all in their 30s and not much to match them in terms of youth or recent signings, they wouldn't want to really wait around too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who is Literally? Did he come through the youths?

Impossible, Barca stopped using La Masia when they got the Qatari money.

• I'm no barca fan but there is huge talent there and he'll be a great buy for whoever gets him next. Granted he's not as far along in his development as a 25 year old Neymar.

The thing is Barca have now been put in a position that they did not invisage in that they now need to panic buy towards the latter end of the transfer window.
    Every single club they attempt to approach for a player will ride them for prices.
    Losing Neymar (one of the best players in the world) wasn't in the script.
    I honestly don't believe they will sign what they need before the window closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Every club with a player Barca might want can tell them to feck off, they all have the money to do so. Even BVB are quoting 100m+ for Dembele.

And as noted above time is running out, so fever pitched is the market right now the last week could be mayhem as desperate clubs including mine try one last offer to land the primary remaining target/s.

• Just to add, SSN will link every single clubs top player with Barca to drum up any dwindling interest that's in this window.
    Hazard, Coutinho, Dembele & Deli Ali all been named this morning.
    Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ah yeah they will have to over pay but all the big clubs in England have had the same problem this summer anyway. They'd be crazy to not do anything.

Sure it's a bit of a rush job now but Dembele and Coutinho are hardly nobodies at the same time.

Add them in and they'll go close in the league and champions league next season. Do nothing and I can't see them matching Real in the league anyway and depending on their champions league opponents they might not go too far either.

Nailed on that they face PSG in the knockout round now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dembele was one of Barca targets before they were left with egg on their face. I agree wholeheartedly with Sid Lowe. They should probably wait this window out.

Atletico could be in a bit of struggle to keep oblak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wesley Sneijder is about to sign for Nice according to reports today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Wesley Sneijder is about to sign for Nice according to reports today.

Would have loved to see him join United back when he was leaving Inter. Lovely player to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Weren't Madrid supposed to buy Courtois or de Gea this summer whatever happened those rumors?

Weren't Madrid supposed to buy Courtois or de Gea this summer whatever happened those rumors?

Tabloids ran out of space with the Neymar stuff;. They might be back next week though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Lets be honest buddy, he really wont. I enjoy your posts but this is just silly and Ive already said what I think of Neymar

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just to add, SSN will link every single clubs top player with Barca to drum up any dwindling interest that's in this window.
    Hazard, Coutinho, Dembele & Deli Ali all been named this morning.
    Yawn.

If they sign Hazard and yes Im buying into SSN :o but for me theyve upgraded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Would have loved to see him join United back when he was leaving Inter. Lovely player to watch

I thought Man Utd signed him at least 3 or 4 times by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

sugarman wrote: »
    Id wager Barca won't sign anyone to replace Neymar, and they don't really need to either IMO.

They should be far more concerned with sorting out their defence and look at long term midfield replacements for Iniesta and to a lesser extent Busquests and Rakatic.

They still have Turan to slot in, who before his move there was pivotal to Atleticos success in recent years, and Deulofeu when he returns from injury who has finally began to show his potential again.

There's Paco and Munir too who can replace Neymar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

titan18 wrote: »
    There's Paco and Munir too who can replace Neymar

If Paco gets the nod, does the forward line now become PMS. Let's hope it has less tears and cramps :eek:

Or potentially they might become useless, expensive and ineffective like their namesake MMS if Munir gets called up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PSG after Mbappe now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Quazzie wrote: »
    If Paco gets the nod, does the forward line now become PMS. Let's hope it has less tears and cramps :eek:

Or potentially they might become useless, expensive and ineffective like their namesake MMS if Munir gets called up. :D

They should have bought Lazacette and go with 4 in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Costa may find himself in limbo. He's apparently told Chelsea that he will only move to Atletico but Simeone has said he doesn't want him. I suppose this could be a ploy to bring the transfer fee down.

inforfun wrote: »
    They should have bought Lazacette and go with 4 in front.

Maybe they go after Lemar, he would be a better fit for the joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/894508360107782144

"Barcelona rivalling Arsenal for Lemar".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

greendom wrote: »
    Costa may find himself in limbo. He's apparently told Chelsea that he will only move to Atletico but Simeone has said he doesn't want him. I suppose this could be a ploy to bring the transfer fee down.
    Got a source on that?

Apparently Coutinho to Barca is getting closer, rumours that a fee has been agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

The last I remember reading was that Simeone wouldn't agree to stay with Athletico unless he gets Costa back? The transfer ban is the only thing holding up that transfer as far as I can tell.

Haven't seen anything about Coutinho? if he is going liverpool need to take barca to the cleaners. No benefit in them selling him, they won't be able to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Fosu-Mensah gone to Palace on season loan.
    Brothwick-Jackson gone to Leeds on season long loan as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

greendom wrote: »

I'd love to see him at Everton, even on loan for the season. He's exactly what they need. Although I'm surprised liverpool haven't sounded him out they're not exactly top heavy on strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'd love to see him at Everton, even on loan for the season. He's exactly what they need. Although I'm surprised liverpool haven't sounded him out they're not exactly top heavy on strikers

He doesnt suit there style of play,only reason I can see them not in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/894542624643842048

"BREAKING: Source close to Philippe Coutinho says he would like to move to @FCBarcelona if a deal can be done amicably with @LFC"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

A source close to him lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A source close to him lol

His third cousin's best mate's sister in law who works at the Barcelona club shop probably. :pac:

There should be a ban of anything that contains the word/s source/s and close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'Source' seems to be one of Sky's own reporters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/894544043216162816

Guess the only question left is whether Tadic or Redmond replaces Coutinho :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Where does Coutinho play in a Barcelona team? He's not a front 3 player anyway so he's no Neymar replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Propper from PSV has signed for Brighton on a 4 year deal. 6 million is the price.

Not a bad signing for Brighton but it will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lemina set to join Southampton and Choupo-Moting and Martins Indi set to join Stoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Propper from PSV has signed for Brighton on a 4 year deal. 6 million is the price.

Not a bad signing for Brighton but it will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the premier league.

6 million?
    Dutch sites are talking €15 million

JPA wrote: »
    Where does Coutinho play in a Barcelona team? He's not a front 3 player anyway so he's no Neymar replacement.

He doesn't play! :D

The idea would be to rotate him with Inesta and buy Dembele for Neymar's position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

6 million?

I read it on nu.nl and they referenced 6 million pounds. But they only referenced the english media.

havent read anywhere that mentioned 15.

I have seen others reporting that a russian club were willing to pay 15 million but no statement thats what Brighton paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

6 million?

What's he like infor? Any views on klassan at Everton? Looks decent technically from the few Everton games I've seen but think he might struggle with the pace of the Premier league

VVD has requested he is allowed to leave Southampton

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce
    paul joyce‏
    @_pauljoyce
    Follow
    More
    Virgil van Dijk submits transfer request
    17:08 PM - 7 Aug 2017

DGo6R5VXYAEWclK.jpg

STOP SHOUTING

Replacing Coutinho with VVD although I suppose stranger things have happened, replacing Torres with Carroll for one :pac::pac::pac:..........I kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This place is as bad as the humour thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

irishman86 wrote: »
    Replacing Coutinho with VVD although I suppose stranger things have happened, replacing Torres with Carroll for one :pac::pac::pac:..........I kid

Replacing luis Suarez with Lambert and Mario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

rob316 wrote: »
    Replacing luis Suarez with Lambert and Mario

Or Ferguson with Moyes .. seriously,not the thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement