Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Who said he was poor? I don't know, at least I didn't. But what I know is you doing complete 180 degree on Neymar.

Not surprised though, it's comes naturally.

Strange, could've sworn I read lots of negative Neymar season reviews from Man Utd Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I don't agree. Dembele is very young and was close to Neymar's numbers last season playing in an inferior team. Coutinho is being signed as an eventual replacement to Iniesta.

Dembele is very talented, like Mbappe, but theres serious question marks over young players having one good season and then been proclaimed world beaters and going for 100m.

Dembele finished with 12 goals last year, Mbappe with 26.

Neymar at a simialr age to these two, finished three seasons between 18-21 at Santos with over 100 goals and he continued to develop at Barca apart from last season where he posted human like stats, Neymar is beyond the level of both of these guys in the short term, IMO.

They could both be brilliant players in the next 3 years but thats a lot of money Barca will be spending on potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hilarious given the amount of posters on here that said he was poor, or worse, last season. Incredible flip flopping.

I haven't seen this "amount of posters saying he was poor or worse this season". The guy was clearly a pivotal part of the future of the club in fans and the clubs eyes, a point you CONTINUALLY have made so don't wish wash it with propaganda!

Substantiate these claims and put them into context and dig out some of your own relatively negative posts towards Neymar and his role in the club going forward before the Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I doubt he'll go this summer but he will eventually go to Barca. Most likely next summer unless Liverpool win something.

Yeah even I have doubts, just that (apparently) reliable Brazilian journalists saying Coutinho wants to push the transfer. Might be all nonsense.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Dembele is very talented, like Mbappe, but theres serious question marks over young players having one good season and then been proclaimed world beaters and going for 100m.

Dembele finished with 12 goals last year, Mbappe with 26.

Neymar at a simialr age to these two, finished three seasons between 18-21 at Santos with over 100 goals and he continued to develop at Barca apart from last season where he posted human like stats, Neymar is beyond the level of both of these guys in the short term, IMO.

They could both be brilliant players in the next 3 years but thats a lot of money Barca will be spending on potential.

Tbf Neymar was doing it in an easier league. Real top level potential is not difficult to spot, Dembele is a Balon D'or waiting to happen. He can be Barca's main man for years to come. Genuinely I think playing alongside Messi and Suarez, his numbers next seaaon would definitely surpass Neymar's from the previous season.

Strange, could've sworn I read lots of negative Neymar season reviews from Man Utd Boards.

As usual talking out of your arse. Your obsession with ManUtd is amazing considering you support Barca, Bayern, City, Chelsea still you have time to obsess about ManUtd.

As a Man Utd fan I am smart enough to realise that the average maturity and actual knowledge of the game level is very low on the club threads like that, lets be honest! That and the Liverpool thread are not places to go if you want to have a reasonable debate.

I haven't seen this "amount of posters saying he was poor or worse this season". The guy was clearly a pivotal part of the future of the club in fans and the clubs eyes, a point you CONTINUALLY have made so don't wish wash it with propaganda!

Substantiate these claims and put them into context and dig out some of your own relatively negative posts towards Neymar and his role in the club going forward before the Summer

Imagine the searching that would require! What I do know is that a lot of people talking about Neymar leaving being a death blow ect. are the same people who only a few months ago were saying he's having the worst season of his career in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah even I have doubts, just that (apparently) reliable Brazilian journalists saying Coutinho wants to push the transfer. Might be all nonsense.

The tweet posted earlier? I think that guys tweeted the same thing for the last 6 or seven days.

Liverpool have no reason to sell. Couthino has no release clause, only signed a new contract last season, don't need the money and can't spend the money they already have.

Yes if Barca came in with a ridiculous offer (£120m+) they might consider it but Barca are to tight to pay that sort of fee.

As usual talking out of your arse. Your obsession with ManUtd is amazing considering you support Barca, Bayern, City, Chelsea still you have time to obsess about ManUtd.

I dedicate time to the fanbase of a club that dedicates a lot of time to me.

• Advertisement

My exact thinking, that Coutinho won't be sold this season but might go next season. Saying that if Barca puts pressure on Coutinho that it's now or never then who knows, player might push for the transfer (at least as per some journalists in Brazil).

Hopefully this will develop in to big saga :D

We got a week or so out of the Neymar saga at least :D I think Barca are too late to the party though, Liverpool wont sell because they cant reasonably replace him in the time frame left in the window.

He might get a promise of being sold next year if he wants to go but Liverpool should dig in the heels, they hold all the cards here, long contract, big weekly wage, Liverpool and Klopp will want to be building towards a PL challenge in the next 1-3 years, selling argaubly their most creative player will knock them back big time.

If he stays and liverpool finish top 4 and win a trophy this coming year, he might not want Barca at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya because you're obsessed with United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

As a Man Utd fan I am smart enough to realise that the average maturity and actual knowledge of the game level is very low on the club threads like that, lets be honest! That and the Liverpool thread are not places to go if you want to have a reasonable debate.

So you go to AIG for "reasonable debate" :pac:

Imagine the searching that would require! What I do know is that a lot of people talking about Neymar leaving being a death blow ect. are the same people who only a few months ago were saying he's having the worst season of his career in Europe.

Just substantiate your own view of Neymar before the Summer and how it reflects now.

You need to earn some more integrity after this Neymar stuff! Otherwise noone can take you seriously when you massively hyperbole players like Dembele going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

you're having a laugh with some of the stupid arguments stuff you write on the GAA thread.

Tbf Neymar was doing it in an easier league. Real top level potential is not difficult to spot, Dembele is a Balon D'or waiting to happen. He can be Barca's main man for years to come. Genuinely I think playing alongside Messi and Suarez, his numbers next seaaon would definitely surpass Neymar's from the previous season.

Neymar was doing it in an easier league but he still posted numbers that were insane for his age.

Dembele has scored 12 goals in an attacking Dortmund side, I think hes good but Reus through injury, played nearly half as many games and scored more goals than him.

Barca spending nearly half their Neymar money on potential is a huge gamble and Barca and big money transfers havent always worked out in the last decade or so.

The tweet posted earlier? I think that guys tweeted the same thing for the last 6 or seven days.

Liverpool have no reason to sell. Couthino has no release clause, only signed a new contract last season, don't need the money and can't spend the money they already have.

Yes if Barca came in with a ridiculous offer (£120m+) they might consider it but Barca are to right to pay that sort of fee.

Not sure which tweet (i'm not talking about Duncan Castles), there is some Liverpool Brazil guy who was translating few journalists report @Zizouology

Very much divided on this, don't think Liverpool will sell so late in the window.

Because you talk nonsense about ManUtd. You are like **** and ManUtd fans are like flies.

• As a Man Utd fan I am smart enough to realise that the average maturity and actual knowledge of the game level is very low on the club threads like that, lets be honest! That and the Liverpool thread are not places to go if you want to have a reasonable debate.

Stop talking out of your hoop, insulting practically half the forum!
    And not for the first time you have spouted that as if you are superior.
    Plenty of great posters with plenty of knowledge in both those threads.

• Advertisement

Not sure which tweet (i'm not talking about Duncan Castles), there is some Liverpool Brazil guy who was translating few journalists report @Zizouology

Very much divided on this, don't think Liverpool will sell so late in the window.

Yup that's him. Saw a tweet nearly identical to the one he posted today last Thursday or Friday on the Liverpool subreddit. Few people there had said he's tweeted it a few times.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We got a week or so out of the Neymar saga at least :D I think Barca are too late to the party though, Liverpool wont sell because they cant reasonably replace him in the time frame left in the window.

He might get a promise of being sold next year if he wants to go but Liverpool should dig in the heels, they hold all the cards here, long contract, big weekly wage, Liverpool and Klopp will want to be building towards a PL challenge in the next 1-3 years, selling argaubly their most creative player will knock them back big time.

If he stays and liverpool finish top 4 and win a trophy this coming year, he might not want Barca at all.

I think even if Liverpool win a trophy he will want to move to Barca as Barca always challenge for bigger trophies consistently.

Like you said it might not happen this season.

Btw, Neymar saga was awesome, Barca fans meltdown here and on Redcafe was too good.

Yup that's him. Saw a tweet nearly identical to the one he posted today last Thursday or Friday on the Liverpool subreddit. Few people there had said he's tweeted it a few times.

Thank you, time to ignore that twitter guy then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

there is a neymar thread lads,jesus

Anyway after that AIG interval Watford have confirmed Richarlison and confirmed he got a work permit to play!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Castles is a pure spoofer but if it's from the above source it may have more meat behind it.

Castles is like an English Ballague. If he said it's raining out you can be guaranteed there's not a cloud in the sky :pac:

• Advertisement

Ha, come on! I said on average! There is some absolute tribal nonsense on those threads. It is very clique like too. Don't take offence on behalf of everyone.

All club threads are like that, it is a tribal element of it all and if an outsider emerges to criticise the team, naturally the vast majority of forum members will argue against his views, citing obsession etc. It is very hard to sell your opinions if you post on a fan forum thread and posters know you are automatically biased against their team, no matter what.

I merely said fan forums are not a good place to go, as an outsider, especially someone like AIG who is hyperbole extraordinaire and hates Man Utd if he wants to debate.

Perhaps read the post in this context, the previous wording was provocative, I'll admit

And not for the first time you have spouted that as if you are superior.
    Plenty of great posters with plenty of knowledge in both those threads

FFS, read my post properly. Stop with the faux outrage. When have I ever made posts here that could be deemed to be posted with superiority complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

I think Van Djik will go to City and would not be one bit surprised if they went in for Bale if he becomes available too. Absolutely crazy window really has made the summer break a lot easier buzzing for Friday night and the start of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

I think Van Djik will go to City and would not be one bit surprised if they went in for Bale if he becomes available too. Absolutely crazy window really has made the summer break a lot easier buzzing for Friday night and the start of it.

• FFS, read my post properly. Stop with the faux outrage. When have I ever made posts here that could be deemed to be posted with superiority complex.

The post isn't very clear at all. Not much re-reading required. The context is what it is.

"As a Man Utd fan I am smart enough to realise that the average maturity and actual knowledge of the game level is very low on the club threads like that, lets be honest! That and the Liverpool thread are not places to go if you want to have a reasonable debate."

My edit was before you replied just to note. And yes you have said it before (in this thread I think). Anyway to save clogging up the thread send a PM if you wish to discuss. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Castles is like an English Ballague. If he said it's raining out you can be guaranteed there's not a cloud in the sky :pac:

Well it really depends, he is very close friends with Jorge Mendes and usually gets first exclusive on all his clients stories. If there is a story coming from Castles that involves one of his clients its usually what Mendes wants put out there be it to improve his clients wages or whether they are going to move.

Other than that he is pretty hit and miss like most Journos

The post isn't very clear at all. Not much re-reading required. The context is what it is.

"As a Man Utd fan I am smart enough to realise that the average maturity and actual knowledge of the game level is very low on the club threads like that, lets be honest! That and the Liverpool thread are not places to go if you want to have a reasonable debate."

My edit was before you replied just to note. And yes you have said it before (in this thread I think). Anyway to save clogging up the thread send a PM if you wish to discuss. Thanks.

You Think, being the most important word. I haven't, being my reply to this.

"On average" being a significant element of my opinion.

If you don't want to consider my subsequent post, that is fair enough but I would like to think that offers some context. And I admit my initial post could be interpreted badly if read in a certain way.

There is nothing to discuss via PM? . I am not here to start a silly row. Perhaps the post I have made above may provide more clarity regarding debates on fan forums. A fan of another club, especially one with such provocative opinions like AIG" would rarely be welcomed there, let's call a spade a spade .

• I'm not looking to argue further. You have shared your thoughts and I don't agree with what you said. Let's leave it at that.

Think, being the most important word. I haven't being the reply.

"On average" being a significant element of my opinion.

There is nothing to discuss via PM? . I am not here to start a silly row. Perhaps the post I have made above may provide more clarity regarding debates on fan forums. A fan of another club, especially one with such provocative opinions like AIG" would rarely be welcomed there, let's call a spade a spade .

Its not so much AIGs opinions but his tendency to dramatically flip flop that has earned him such treatment. On this very site he once lauded Mourinho now he criticises him every chance. A look at his posts about Neymar 4 months ago to today show a similar flip-flop-flip. That kind of chopping and changing would rarely be welcome on 90% of forums. Plenty of empassioned fans here from plenty of clubs not just the big ones but Everton to Villa to Leeds.....only one poster has made himself infamous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I'd say it was a minority saying that. And it wouldn't surprise me if a very small few did. Every club from Barcelona to Man Utd to Sligo Rovers will have a few that just constantly talk rubbish and troll places like this. But that doesnt mean all fans think the same.

The majority of Utd fans will have always rated Neymar, know football well enough to see his talents and would have been delighted to see him brought to Old Trafford this season or last season.

Also are you avoiding answering my question to you in the Neymar thread?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its not so much AIGs opinions but his tendency to dramatically flip flop that has earned him such treatment. On this very site he once lauded Mourinho now he criticises him every chance. A look at his posts about Neymar 4 months ago to today show a similar flip-flop-flip. That kind of chopping and changing would rarely be welcome on 90% of forums.

My posts were with regard to AIG and his flip flopping on Neymar stance! I wasn't defending him in anyway in this regard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Duncan Castles is Scottish.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Duncan Castles is Scottish.

I was thinking that as I was typing but wasn't sure and I said someone will surely point out the mistake :pac:

My posts were with regard to AIG and his flip flopping on Neymar stance! I wasn't defending him in anyway in this regard!

Haven't flip flopped at all. In my view Neymar is the best player in the world aside from Messi and possibly Ronaldo. Do I think Dembele has greater potential to succeed at Barca than Neymar? Yes. If you'd asked me that 6 months ago the answer would be the same.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/894904864563703808

Melissa Reddy confirming Liverpool stance.

Edit: Tweet taken from Liverpool thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lots of tweets about Coutinho but not one of them comes from a source that I'd regard as trustworthy. Duncatles wrote in January that Liverpool were about to be bought by a Chinese State company and that died a death quickly enough.

Sly Sports say another offer has been made, which could well be true

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/894945223939416066

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If a makey uppy club like RBL can say no to Liverpool, then Liverpool can say no to Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lots of tweets about Coutinho but not one of them comes from a source that I'd regard as trustworthy. Duncatles wrote in January that Liverpool were about to be bought by a Chinese State company and that died a death quickly enough.

Sly Sports say another offer has been made, which could well be true

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/894945223939416066

ESPN are saying their sources are saying that an agreement has been reached, probably bull**** tbh, just thought I'd inform

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I don't agree. Dembele is very young and was close to Neymar's numbers last season playing in an inferior team. Coutinho is being signed as an eventual replacement to Iniesta.

Both are a step down in quality, Dembele at least has the potential to match Neymar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its not so much AIGs opinions but his tendency to dramatically flip flop that has earned him such treatment. On this very site he once lauded Mourinho now he criticises him every chance. A look at his posts about Neymar 4 months ago to today show a similar flip-flop-flip. That kind of chopping and changing would rarely be welcome on 90% of forums. Plenty of empassioned fans here from plenty of clubs not just the big ones but Everton to Villa to Leeds.....only one poster has made himself infamous.

Exactly......Mick :pac::pac:

Think we need a 3rd thread!

• irishman86 wrote: »
    Exactly......Mick :pac::pac:

NOVoRzh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Reports of Andre Gray being on the verge of a £18.5m move to Watford on Twitter.

I don't rate him too highly but Burnley aren's exactly flush with goalscorers. He got 9 in the league for them last season. I think only Sam Vokes got more (10).

You'd think the combination of losing Gray and Keane and not really replacing either would be an issue for a side who finished last season in a rotten run of form and are basically incapable of getting points on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/895022698006499328

Matt Le Tissier ✔ @mattletiss7
    "Welcome to @SouthamptonFC @LeminaM_13 and good luck on your next move to Liverpool next year":)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whay! :D

Advertisement