Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I spoke of seasons not season.

And just to note 10 good games in a season and another possible 18 poor ones? That's could still be considered inconsistency.

quite a leap there to suggest just because he didn't get motm he still couln't have a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

And just to note 10 good games in a season and another possible 18 poor ones? That's could still be considered inconsistency.

He had more than 10 good games and you know that. Just because you don't get MOTM does not mean your having a bad game, just that someone may have had a better game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What kind of arse metric is MOTM = quality?

• ronjo wrote: »
    Oh God Stop. This thread is being ruined again.

Why? What have you added but the above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

pjohnson wrote: »
    What kind of arse metric is MOTM = quality?

Only one guy had a good game out of 22 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Why? What have you added but the above?

You are right I am not adding anything however I check this thread as its very interesting to get information (I am sure I am not only one) on transfers as I dont follow that many sites closely.

Apologies all.

• redzerdrog wrote: »
    quite a leap there to suggest just because he didn't get motm he still couln't have a good game
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    He had more than 10 good games and you know that. Just because you don't get MOTM does not mean your having a bad game, just that someone may have had a better game.

He came back from injury and was crap for 2 months at the latter end of last season. That's inconsistency considering the good start he had in autumn.
    He played 12 times in that run and was poor in nearly all of them scoring only one goal and one assist.

Anyway,
    That's all well and good lads, but over the course of his career at Liverpool he's been inconsistent in his performances and this is my point.
    If you are being honest with yourselves you will know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I spoke of seasons not season.

That's a rather bizarre metric to use, Mick. So only one player in the match can have a good game and all the rest are poor?

Is that a Liverpool only metric you use or do you apply the same criteria to Manu performances also?

• ronjo wrote: »
    You are right I am not adding anything however I check this thread as its very interesting to get information (I am sure I am not only one) on transfers as I dont follow that many sites closely.

Apologies all.

Is Countihno a matter of current transfer debate to Barca?

• That's a rather bizarre metric to use, Mick. So only one player in the match can have a good game and all the rest are poor?

Is that a Liverpool only metric you use or do you apply the same criteria to Manu performances also?

Read up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Do Barca want Coutinho to be the longterm replacement for Iniesta?

That's a rather bizarre metric to use, Mick. So only one player in the match can have a good game and all the rest are poor?

The awkward moment a Liverpool fan tries to start a pool vs. Manu debate.

Especially awkward when this metric was actually introduced by Rossie a Liverpool fan so I think yiz can argue back in the Liverpool thread amongst yereselves. Good lads.

Now back to Transfers now the nonsense is over.

Izqueirdo is now Brightons record signing, arriving from Brugge. 16m

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

SlickRic wrote: »
    Please explain what Pogba has done that means he is better than 'Coutinho level players'.

I like Pogba, but he's done nothing yet to justify being in a bracket higher than Coutinho. They're both supremely talented. They're both too inconsistent to be in the very top level of players yet. But both, on their day, look like the best player on whatever pitch they're playing on.

Fifpro team of the year
    Seria A team of the year
    Etc etc etc
    There is no comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Now back to Transfers now the nonsense is over.

Izqueirdo is now Brightons record signing, arriving from Brugge. 16m

And Soufyan Ahannach from Almere City

For less.

PhilipsR wrote: »
    I don't support either club but this sentence alone shows you're spouting crap.

I dont support either clubs either but that fact you think that shows you are clearly dont know where either player plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

irishman86 wrote: »
    I dont support either clubs
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pogba leaving after 1 year already.

Mathias.
    Leaving Sparta Rotterdam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Read up.

Nice avoidance of the question.

• Advertisement

Nice avoidance of the question.

Its not his metric. Let it go. You tried and failed. Better luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coutinho obviously needs to hit the bar a bit more to be on the same level.

Quazzie wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I like Pogba buddy, the same way I like Salah, the same way I liked Suarez before him so ya just because I rate Pogba and dont rate Coutinho doesnt mean I support either club
    Ill never understand the attitude of premier league fans, where you cant rate a player higher than the *rivals teams player without being accused of being a fan :rolleyes:

Turtyturd wrote: »

Im sure you sounded clever in your head :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

irishman86 wrote: »
    Im sure you sounded clever in your head :rolleyes:

I'm sure that sounded clever in your head :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Turtyturd wrote: »

Or maybe be a key part of a top, trophy winning European side?

• Advertisement

Burial. wrote: »
    I'm sure that sounded clever in your head :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Kakapo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When think Coutinho and Lingard is a fair comparison, it's time to stop posting.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    When think Coutinho and Lingard is a fair comparison, it's time to stop posting.

Funny I think when you compare Coutinho to Pogba its time to stop posting
    Based on how the chasm that is between them
    Coutinho being a good player, Pogba a superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Guess there is no transfer news :confused:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Guess there is no transfer news :confused:

Apparently this is the Liverpool superthread for the next few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Pogba was closer to being a pop star than a football superstar at times last season. Coutinho was far more influential and made big things happen fairly regularly last year. I've been shocked and irritated by his development since he left Inter for £8m. Of course being Inter, I should've known he'd end up being successful elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cant be the only one who thinks pogba and Coutinho are overrated. think both are prone to show flashes of brilliance but inconsistency throughout a lot of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

That Danny Rose interview among the most moronic things I've ever read.

Spurs have had one of the best transfer window out of all clubs imo, they've managed to keep their bright young talent which is often more important than a "marquee" singing. Like everyone is praising Everton this window but they haven't signed anyone remotely near the quality of what they lost.

Hope he's dumped to the reserves, other big clubs should also take a wide berth of someone with such a retarded attitude too

• Nice avoidance of the question.

You are waffling. And seem to continue to struggle reading posts accurately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Spurs have had one of the best transfer window out of all clubs imo

You're getting way too carried away here.

Yes they've held on to their first XI, but they have absolutely abysmal squad depth and won't win either the Prem or the Champions League this season.

Then you're faced with losing key players in the next window as they'll want trophies (and money) after failing again and again with Spurs.

Agree about Rose though - stupid interview!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

xtal191 wrote: »

How does he compare to Coutinho and Pogba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

threads like these should really make the rest of us thankful we're not soccer mods

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

xtal191 wrote: »

Didn't turn up for training today and the club don't know where he is according tp Peter Bosz. Trying to engineer a move, but I doubt that anything will happen today when BVB can't even contact him.
    And AFAIK BVB have to announce the transfer to the German stock market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Apparently this is the Liverpool superthread for the next few hours.

Almost as if Liverpool are involved in a couple of big transfer sagas right now or something.

• Advertisement

Almost as if Liverpool are involved in a couple of big transfer sagas right now or something.

True but that has nothing to do with "the quality banter" involving auld gags regarding crossbars, the fixation on Pogba, trying desperately to start a Utd/Pool sh*tshow due to awful reading comprehension between 2 pool fans and so on.

Discussing Coutinho transfer makes sense. Mindlessly fishing for thanks and tryna start a sh*tshow, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That Danny Rose interview among the most moronic things I've ever read.

Spurs have had one of the best transfer window out of all clubs imo, they've managed to keep their bright young talent which is often more important than a "marquee" singing. Like everyone is praising Everton this window but they haven't signed anyone remotely near the quality of what they lost.

Hope he's dumped to the reserves, other big clubs should also take a wide berth of someone with such a retarded attitude too

God help his ambition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

MagicIRL wrote: »
    You're getting way too carried away here.

Yes they've held on to their first XI, but they have absolutely abysmal squad depth and won't win either the Prem or the Champions League this season.

Then you're faced with losing key players in the next window as they'll want trophies (and money) after failing again and again with Spurs.

Agree about Rose though - stupid interview!

Well no premier league side is coming close to the champions league but they'll be there or there abouts in the league.

It's not that weak on depth, their central midfield options probably the best in the league. One or two more squad players perhaps needed but it's not a crisis and they're more healthy position than the vast majority of teams.

Well no premier league side is coming close to the champions league but they'll be there or there abouts in the league.

It's not that weak on depth, their central midfield options probably the best in the league. One or two more squad players perhaps needed but it's not a crisis and they're more healthy position than the vast majority of teams.

Wanyama, Dembele, Sissoko, Winks? Maybe throw in Dier but that means Wimmer needs to come in CB...Hardly best in the league very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wanyama, Dembele, Sissoko, Winks? Maybe throw in Dier but that means Wimmer needs to come in CB...Hardly best in the league very short.

Wanyama and Dembele are the definitely the strongest pairing, and Dier is a good option. They don't have the best depth but they are not far off. Rest of the team severely lacking in depth though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And there's the problem. The current XI won't stick around season after season being content with 2nd place and 'also ran' medals.

Unless Spurs invest now, while they have an incredible and well balanced XI, they'll lose far more than they'll gain in the long run, in my opinion.

I can't imagine Eriksen, Lloris, Toby A, Alli or even Kane would be happy seeing the money much lesser players are making, or winning, around them when their team is seemingly winning nothing.

In saying that - win the league and suddenly the plan has worked and they're buying Neymar from PSG they're so rich from penny pinching! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Coutinho is not worth £90 million but that money is useless to Liverpool unless they can sign someone of equal or better quality for less. The way the money is flying around in this window they'd be better off holding on to Coutinho and seeing what happens next year.

Pogba last year wasn't worth what was paid neither was John Stones. Utd needed a midfielder and Pogba is potentially one of the best in the world. Juve milked it and got a price they wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

Stones wasnt worth £50 million but City needed a defender and home grown players to supplement their squad. Everton milked it and got a fee they wouldn't have got elsewhere.

Liverpool could milk it and get a fee that no one else would be willing to pay but Liverpool don't need to sell and the player doesn't seem to be kicking up a fuss so far. Stones and Pogba both wanted the moves.

I think fees are definitely at a point of being unsustainable. When clubs are spending 30% or more of there turnover on one player it's asking for trouble.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wanyama and Dembele are the definitely the strongest pairing, and Dier is a good option. They don't have the best depth but they are not far off. Rest of the team severely lacking in depth though.

I thought that was the initial point. First XI certainly one of the leagues best. But probably one of the weakest in terms of depth. Sissoko, Wimmer, Janssen, Nkoudou are all major downgrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Everything points to Dembele joining Barca over the weekend. 130m and they only bid 100 for Coutinho? The world's gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Vertonghen and Alderwiereld are Spurs CBs unless they are playing 3 at the back which they generally wouldn't do if it meant bringing in Wimmer.

Advertisement