Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Last week they said Liverpool offered €86m for him.

And United 85m city 130m and Real preparing to match Cities bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

astradave wrote: »
    This is the follow up on that report

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/870386019987804166

Can't wait for September 1st when after all the hype and speculation, Arsenal end up with Rondon after paying £40m for him on deadline day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

astradave wrote: »
    This is the follow up on that report

I think Lacazette would be a great signing. He'd be a big improvement on Giroud imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Would well believe Arsenal made a bid of 100million for mbappe the only reason so is Wenger knowing it wouldn't be accepted the man wouldn't do it otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Surprised no one has gone in for Dzeko, Mertens or Belotti?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Early days yet .Would expect Belotti to move anyways .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any merit in that Mbappe would actually start for Arsenal and could use it as a stepping stone to Madrid where he currently wouldnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

There's not a fear we're dropping 100m on a player. Even though the money is there. Lacezzette I could believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

AdamD wrote: »
    Any merit in that Mbappe would actually start for Arsenal and could use it as a stepping stone to Madrid where he currently wouldnt?

Surely the best option for both Mbappe would be for Madrid to sign him and loan him back to Monaco for at least another season.He gets to play i the champions league develop a bit more and then join up with Madrid when he's a guaranteed starter.

• Advertisement

If your paying 100m+ I really doubt any club will send a player back on loan.

yabadabado wrote: »
    If your paying 100m+ I really doubt any club will send a player back on loan.

Obviously there's a risk involved and it'ss unlikely it might happen but it might be better than letting him be a player that only plays occasionally for a couple of years and potentially stalling his developement. He's not going to be a guaranteed starter for Real Madrid straight away if they were to sign him this summer unless they get rid of a couple of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You can't fault Arsenal for making the bid. Worse case scenario for them is it drives the price up for whichever club do get him.

(Assuming Arsenal did make the bid, this could just be the player's agent trying to artificially inflate the bids.)

If he is signed by someone this summer he goes straight into whatever team it is imo.
    No one spends that money to have a bit part player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United have been linked with Belotti

Mertens, afaik, just signed a contract extension (though with a low release clause, I think).

18 or not the lad is quality but if he does go to Madrid someone has to make way Bale or Isco or Rodriguez will leave this summer the latter 2 not happy with game time and Bale is not living up to what Madrid expected out of him interesting to see who Zidane starts with tommorow Isco is in tremendous form but if Florentino Perez has his way Bale will start , Mbappe wont go to Arsenal and as an Arsenal fan it would really bring the lad on even more if he stayed there for a 2 or 3 year stent and then moved to Spain either way in 3 years he will be with one of the big 2. Not going to lie dont know much about Belloti but his stats speak for themselves can see the lad moving club but staying in Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Word out if Italy is that Liverpool have agreed terms with Mo Salah and it's up to clubs to reach a deal.

Pep getting buissness done nice and early this year new contract for Yaya ,Ederson bought in and close to signing Mendy from Monaco honestly think my money is going on Man City this year hes literally sorting out there major problems Jesus is a right player too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

zerks wrote: »
    Word out if Italy is that Liverpool have agreed terms with Mo Salah and it's up to clubs to reach a deal.
    Brilliant player. Leaving Chelsea was great for him but I'd wonder if Liverpool need another player in that area. I think they need to focus more on strengthening defence and finidng a more reliable striker.

That said, I don't watch a lot of Liverpool so others would know more about what they need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Brilliant player. Leaving Chelsea was great for him but I'd wonder if Liverpool need another player in that area. I think they need to focus more on strengthening defence and finidng a more reliable striker.

That said, I don't watch a lot of Liverpool so others would know more about what they need.

If they got Salah, that would be their two wingers leaving for the ACON, assuming both countries got there. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

martyos121 wrote: »
    United have rejected a bid of £60m from Real Madrid for De Gea, according to Sky Sports.

Still see that transfer happening by the end of August though, he might not get a chance to play for Real again and it's a great time to join them.

Another 20 million needed i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Salah would be a great player with the extra games he can be either a rotation option or a starter with Mane on the left flank (played there for Soton) and Coutinho deeper. Also scored 78 goals without a standard centre forward as a regular starter. I'm sure a striker will be coming in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not transfers but wages are a big part of transfers these days.

DBTSJqnXgAAjSd2.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Estimated Figures????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If they got Salah, that would be their two wingers leaving for the ACON, assuming both countries got there. :o

No afcon next year and hard to predict where they would be or how fit etc for 2019.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Pep getting buissness done nice and early this year new contract for Yaya ,Ederson bought in and close to signing Mendy from Monaco honestly think my money is going on Man City this year hes literally sorting out there major problems Jesus is a right player too

Only problem is can they gel, but like you I wouldnt back against them thats for sure

Agree to a certain degree but with wholesale changes it may take them a while to gel.
    Buying a lot of players with no EPL experience so may take them time to settle.
    They have brilliant attacking options need to sort out the defensive side and they will be a real contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kessie has joined AC Milan on a 2 year loan with an obligation to buy in 2019.
    Huntelaar has rejoined Ajax on a 1 year deal.
    Schick is likely joining Juventus from Sampdoria too.

Not transfers but wages are a big part of transfers these days.

And agent fees are contrubute too.
    Think the new contract Barca will give Messi will likely affect how much they can do in the transfer market this summer. Iniesta is out of contract next summer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

rwbug wrote: »

ugh - Got caught - fake tweet

rwbug wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/massmorabito/status/870762952378527744

Juventus make initial contact for Emre Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'll be very suprised if Mooy, Ward and Brown dont return to Huddersfield but I highly doubt they'll spend 15m in total let alone one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'll be very suprised if Mooy, Ward and Brown dont return to Huddersfield but I highly doubt they'll spend 15m in total let alone one player.

I cant see mooy leaving city for anything less than 10. There will be a queue of championahip clubs prepared to pay that if huddersfield dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

POKERKING wrote: »
    I cant see mooy leaving city for anything less than 10. There will be a queue of championahip clubs prepared to pay that if huddersfield dont.

Possibly another loan? The fact Mooy even joined City was baffling. Other than the obvious asset change for the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Possibly another loan? The fact Mooy even joined City was baffling. Other than the obvious asset change for the owners.
    I was surprised they let him go on loan, he seemed a perfect fit for a Guardiola team even if he was only going to be coming off the bench.

Looks like Ajax coach Bosz is Dortmund bound.

POKERKING wrote: »

Heard on a podcast that £8 million was the arranged fee prior to the loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well, they're in the land of milk and honey (aka the PL) now. Those 3 players had excellent seasons for the Terriers. And without them, the squad looks fairly thin on quality. Now, if they're happy to take their chances and spend very little, then fair play to them. But if they want to give themselves a fighting chance of extending their stay beyond one season, they will need to spend. What was Sky quoting at the time of the playoff final; 175m pounds was the potential reward for getting promoted, wasn't it? And what would those 3 cost; 20-25m? Now granted, there's no guarantee that they'll stay up, even if they do buy those 3 players. But it'd give them a fighting chance. Some tricky decisions for the board this summer.

• Advertisement

Wagner will go shopping in Germany again.

blueser wrote: »
    Well, they're in the land of milk and honey (aka the PL) now. Those 3 players had excellent seasons for the Terriers. And without them, the squad looks fairly thin on quality. Now, if they're happy to take their chances and spend very little, then fair play to them. But if they want to give themselves a fighting chance of extending their stay beyond one season, they will need to spend. What was Sky quoting at the time of the playoff final; 175m pounds was the potential reward for getting promoted, wasn't it? And what would those 3 cost; 20-25m? Now granted, there's no guarantee that they'll stay up, even if they do buy those 3 players. But it'd give them a fighting chance. Some tricky decisions for the board this summer.

I doubt Ward or Brown will actually be sold. Their value will only rise given their youth, Mooy is a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd expect a bidding war for Fabinho, he is just the most complete midfielder in the game based on the last 12 months.

United should break the bank to get him imo, City could do with him too, hell every team I can think of would be a lot better with him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd expect a bidding war for Fabinho, he is just the most complete midfielder in the game based on the last 12 months.

United should break the bank to get him imo, City could do with him too, hell every team I can think of would be a lot better with him.

I would love Fabinho at City, but tbh think he is perfectly suited for United. He could take some of that defensive responsibility from Pogba and free him up to go do his stuff further up the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I doubt Ward or Brown will actually be sold. Their value will only rise given their youth, Mooy is a different matter.
    That is true. And while Liverpool and Chelsea have them under contract, there's not much either Brown or Ward can do. Are either of them likely to get much game time for their parent club though, in the short (or long) term? Also, it's not uncommon for young players not to go on and fulfill their potential in the future. Therefore, do Chelsea and Liverpool take a chance on both lads improving in the next few years, or cash in now? Down to the managers and their coaching and development staff, I guess.

Monaco getting raided altogether this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Griezmann announces he's staying at Aleti

Fair play to him ,would have been easy to leave now .If he doesn't sign a new contract I think he may well still join United next summer.
    Atletico need all their best players and manager to stick around this summer big transition for them .

Hopefully he also announces he is going to stay there forever and we wont have to endure another year of he's going to man utd, no he's staying, no he's going .The Griezmann transfer saga may well be the most tedious in the history of the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement