Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

blueser wrote: »
    They'll probably get one more season out of him. Though how effective an unhappy player will be for them remains to be seen. The counter argument, of course, is that if he turns to s**t this coming season, will Barca still want him? It's in his interest to keep last season's form going.

Suarez did ok in his extra year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

SlickRic wrote: »
    As usual, Barca will likely get what they want after public wery, while acting like whiny bhes when a player dares to leave them.

Well done.

Classy as ever.

You should be very proud.

I'm always proud of my club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

emmetkenny wrote: »
    True.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

BarcFlip.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

blueser wrote: »
    They'll probably get one more season out of him. Though how effective an unhappy player will be for them remains to be seen. The counter argument, of course, is that if he turns to s**t this coming season, will Barca still want him? It's in his interest to keep last season's form going.

Also Brazil play in a World Cup next summer. He might sulk, but he'll have to get over himself and get on with it for the good of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I wonder will you speak with the same tone about Dembele who had a training ground bust up with their reserve keeper earlier this month, and went awol from their training camp and has subsequently been suspended by Dortmund after a bid was rejected?
    Or when Messi was having bust ups with and bullying young players at Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Maybe that'll be his inspiration. Stay the extra year instead of signing for some also-rans, have the season of your life and earn a move instead to Europe's top side the following year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Are you Catalan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Are you Catalan?

No he's a troll in Ireland with no concept of irony and with notifications set for whenever Barca are mentioned in a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Are you Catalan?

To be fair you don't need to be from a place to support its club. Otherwise almost every single irish person who follows football would be screwed.

• Advertisement

No he's a troll in Ireland with no concept of irony and with notifications set for whenever Barca are mentioned in a thread

Can you do that? If so it'd save me a lot of time and energy.

Are you Catalan?

Who do you support?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Now all the Liverpool journalists confirmed that Coutinho handed in transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Barcelona convince Coutinho to force the move.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

To be fair you don't need to be from a place to support its club. Otherwise almost every single irish person who follows football would be screwed.

I agree with you on this although for me Barcelona are a club that only recently became supported in Ireland so its usually a much younger generation
    What Ive found since moving here is a lot of the older guys support Italian teams as there second team which was funny for me till I was told they were on tv in Ireland years ago :pac:
    English/Celtic are obviously the most supported due to association of family members if I'm correct

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Now all the Liverpool journalists confirmed that Coutinho handed in transfer request.

I didn't think he'd go this summer and it's been next year when he went.

Liverpool are in a really strong position though so if Barca want him let them pay £120m+.

If they don't want him that much they can call again next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I didn't think he'd go this summer and it's been next year when he went.

Liverpool are in a really strong position though so if Barca want him let them pay £120m+.

If they don't want him that much they can call again next summer.

Yeah transfer request doesn't mean anything if Liverpool just reject it.

Could get messy. Sure he's overrated anyway.

Thank **** the football starting tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I'd still reject it if I was Pool, with the WC next year he won't sulk for long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So far today we've had:

Liverpool say hes not for sale.

Coutinho issues transfer request.

Talks of a transfer request is denied.

Talks of a transfer request is then confirmed.

Liverpool reject a transfer request.

:pac:

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah transfer request doesn't mean anything if Liverpool just reject it.

He's no buyout clause either and 6 months into a new contract.

I'd say Barca have been in his ear now and he only signed the new contract because he didn't expect them to come in for him this summer himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Did Suarez hand in a transfer request the summer before they sold him?

Lukker- wrote: »

I don't remember to be honest. I think arsenal bid for him and Liverpool agreed to let him leave for Barca the following summer.

Lukker- wrote: »

Ya he had a little sulk for himself at the time but back then was it was "only" Arsenal, at best a slight step up, he stayed for 12months and then moved to Barca.

The problem for Liverpool now is that its Barca coming in and looking at him, they could say wait until next year but will they come back.

In this situation with the current contract and a WC year, Liverpool hold pretty much all the cards, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If he really wanted to stay no amount of convincing would work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Doubt he'll play another game for Liverpool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fantastic.

I'm not a fan of signing Coutinho, In the short term, I don't see him playing anywhere but left wing in the first team with Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta and the front two...he might swap in to rest Iniesta. I'd rather wait for Griezmann.

But if it's going to upset the morals of those who were delighted last week, I'd be glad for him to force the move. Even if it's next year that he moves.

As Shanotheslayer said, if he wanted to stay, he could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Who do you support?

Offaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Offaly.

You poor poor man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Could get messy. Sure he's overrated anyway.

Thank **** the football starting tomorrow.

Today :pac: :pac: :pac:

Just glad Football season is back

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

dfx- wrote: »
    Fantastic.

I'm not a fan of signing Coutinho, In the short term, I don't see him playing anywhere but left wing in the first team with Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta and the front two...he might swap in to rest Iniesta. I'd rather wait for Griezmann.

But if it's going to upset the morals of those who were delighted last week, I'd be glad for him to force the move. Even if it's next year that he moves.

Griezmann is a United fan and I don't see him moving to Barcelona, I think he could move to United in January given how his release clause is structured, €200 million till January, then €100 million, he said he wouldn't feel right if he had left when Atletico could not sign anyone, and I feel he has an agreement with United whether for January or next summer.

Liverpool should sell Coutinho, get the money and strengthen their team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Which one?

City? Chelsea? Bayern? Barca? Beijing Academical when Pep looks for more cash, sorry a new project.

RobertKK wrote: »

With who though? Who could they sign at this stage in the window that would strengthen a team weakened by the loss of Coutinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They had money anyway but could't get deals done the targets they clearly wanted.

astradave wrote: »
    With who though? Who could they sign at this stage in the window that would strengthen a team weakened by the loss of Coutinho

Realistically, they cant. Theyve not got the VVD or Keita deals done and replacing Coutinho, even if they got 150 for him, would be near impossible given the time frame.

Theyed get in a few players but no direct replacement, part of me is glad that Hazard is injured at the moment as no doubt one of PSG, Barca or Real would have been looking at him.

dfx- wrote: »
    Fantastic.

Always feels good to get one up on internet posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If he really wanted to stay no amount of convincing would work.

we all know he ultimately wants the Barca move. Nobody's stupid here. But Barcelona's public courting has swayed him.

They can do that, but I just don't like how public they always make these things. it doesn't sit right at all. The Cesc sh all those years ago proves they have form in tapping up with no shame. I've no doubt whatsoever it's happened again.

I'm sure every club does it, but they just seem so fúcking brazen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

To be fair at least Barca made a bid for Coutinho, Liverpool never even submitted a bid for Van Dijk.

Regardless, it's all bit underhanded, as you'd expect really. But realistically he was never going to stay at Liverpool once Barca or a similar sized club came calling.

• Advertisement

To move 5/6
    To stay 5/6

Money to be made if anyone has any inside info. Moley, where are you??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Griezmann is a United fan and I don't see him moving to Barcelona, I think he could move to United in January given how his release clause is structured, €200 million till January, then €100 million, he said he wouldn't feel right if he had left when Atletico could not sign anyone, and I feel he has an agreement with United whether for January or next summer.

It would be a very tough job and he definitely isn't going anywhere before January and by extension, this season probably. But that €100m transfer clause spent on him would be a great deal if they could tempt him away as opposed to €100m+ on Coutinho.

Barcelona need someone who can play left wing and ideally with pace. Suarez plays in the middle and it suits Messi to be on the right coming in on his left foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Genuinely surprised that it looks more likely than not that he's going. I had said weeks ago that he would stay this summer and maybe move next year a-la Suarez.

That's true, but it will take a hell of a lot more than £110m for Liverpool to do that. There's nobody Liverpool could attract for that amount that would strengthen the squad to the extent losing Coutinho will weaken it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

LiamoSail wrote: »
    That's true, but it will take a hell of a lot more than £110m for Liverpool to do that. There's nobody Liverpool could attract for that amount that would strengthen the squad to the extent losing Coutinho will weaken it

Maybe not this summer ,but over the next 2 transfer market they could easily,are people taking crazy pills,he is a good player but come on ,he is not worth all this hassle.

Maybe not this summer ,but over the next 2 transfer market they could easily,are people taking crazy pills,he is a good player but come on ,he is not worth all this hassle.

Losing him now could be the difference between top 4 and top 7.

Misssing out on CL again, when Liverpool are trying to build a team that gets into the CL year on year to attract better player, could tear any plan up.

Who? Name a single player better than Coutinho in that position who Liverpool could attract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Who? Name a single player better than Coutinho in that position who Liverpool could attract

Reus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its not much hassle . He wants to go and rightly so as its a move to one of the big 2. However he is under contract and can leave next year when Liverpool can plan his departure better. They don't need the money and come September coutinho will need Liverpool as much as they will need him. It would be crazy to sell him this summer and I can't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Reus

Made of glass, always injured.

• Advertisement
Advertisement