Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Corholio wrote: »
    Wasn't there some talk that they were signing Paulinho in some way to help appease Neymar as they are very good friends.

Either way it's a strange one. I think he's a very decent player, despite his time at Spurs, but not one I would have seen Barca signing.

Our board is run by stupid people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

40m for a 29 year old like him is daft business. If he was a high performing player for a few years it'd be understandable but he's been over in China.
    As bad as Andre Gomes that buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ERG89 wrote: »
    40m for a 29 year old like him is daft business. If he was a high performing player for a few years it'd be understandable but he's been over in China.
    As bad as Andre Gomes that buy.

It's much worse than the Gomes buy. At least he's young and has years to improve under top managers at Barca. Paulinho is 29 and is very technically limited. He can run around for 90 minutes and get his head to a ball, and unless he's grown tremendously in China (he couldn't possibly have with the level of competition there), he does nothing else at a reasonable level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Our board is run by stupid people.

Who voted them in?

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Who voted them in?

People who were fed lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerard (He’s staying.) Pique should fit right in then on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

So barca midfield may now consist of paulinho and gomes, dam that is a huge come down in quality from what they are used to. And for the record theres no way herrera is good enough for them either

Gerard (He’s staying.) Pique should fit right in then on the board.

Good, and he'll be democratically elected by Barcelona fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Suprised I'm not reading about how Paulinho is one of the worlds best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Sanchez apparently in Paris tonight (with his GF and agent) to discuss a move to PSG. Talks are "ongoing".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Good, and he'll be democratically elected by Barcelona fans.

But didn't he feed the fans a pack of lies himself a few weeks back.

Made false promises....

MASSIVE lies as it happens.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

pjohnson wrote: »
    Suprised I'm not reading about how Paulinho is one of the worlds best.

I'm predicting a gradual transition over the next few months from AIG. He's already started his whole falling out of love with Barca act, I can see him posting less and less this season almost down to nothing and then suddenly there will be a guy on the board who'll claim to be a life long Madridista drooling over everything Real Madrid do and how they stand for all that is good in the game.This new guy and AIG will go back and forth on a few topics in order to keep things real and get rid of any suspicions people might have and then AIG will disappear for every and AIG marque 2 the Real Madrid fan will be in full flow to enlighten us all.:D

I'm predicting a gradual transition over the next few months from AIG. He's already started his whole falling out of love with Barca act, I can see him posting less and less this season almost down to nothing and then suddenly there will be a guy on the board who'll claim to be a life long Madridista drooling over everything Real Madrid do and how they stand for all that is good in the game.This new guy and AIG will go back and forth on a few topics in order to keep things real and get rid of any suspicions people might have and then AIG will disappear for every and AIG marque 2 the Real Madrid fan will be in full flow to enlighten us all.:D

Great post. Hope you get loads of likes and online approvals! I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

But didn't he feed the fans a pack of lies himself a few weeks back.

Made false promises....

MASSIVE lies as it happens.....

1ib2od.jpg

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Unfortunately that's assuming Barca go into serious decline. Which I can't really see. The way the soccer market is now, Bayern, Barca, Real are a sort of cabaal that it seems very unlikely will be usurped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The player can insist. Aren't you the one who was complaining about how long term deals "trap" a player. Player can insist on short term deal or nothing. A contract takes two parties.

Contract negotiations are rarely entered into with all parties holding equal leverage. In soccer, equality is even rarer. Most of the time the club and third parties hold all the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Officer999

Gary Medel signs for Besiktas from Inter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtwig wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's assuming Barca go into serious decline. Which I can't really see. The way the soccer market is now, Bayern, Barca, Real are a sort of cabaal that it seems very unlikely will be usurped.

I could be wrong of course and Barca could come storming back but it feels a bit like they are heading into an "inbetween" generation. No real stars other than the over 30 club who can only last so long and not much coming through. If this transfer window is a bust for them I think they'll struggle a bit. Obviously it's all relative they'll still be a Top 3 side in Spain but that's not enough for the faithful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I could be wrong of course and Barca could come storming back but it feels a bit like they are heading into an "inbetween" generation. No real stars other than the over 30 club who can only last so long and not much coming through. If this transfer window is a bust for them I think they'll struggle a bit. Obviously it's all relative they'll still be a Top 3 side in Spain but that's not enough for the faithful.

Suarez/Neymar aside it's hard to say the last signing that was an unqualified success

Back ten years ago it looked like English clubs were taking over, it all goes on cycles in football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sneijder is officially gone to Nice

Very nice by Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed Paulinho's departure from Guangzhou Evergrande for Barcelona, claiming the Brazilian's switch to La Liga reflects positively on the Chinese Super League champions.

Barcelona have activated Paulinho's €40 million buyout clause after two failed attempts to sign the 29-year-old, who has excelled for club and country so far this year.

Seems a bit of a strange move by Barcelona to say the least.

• Sneijder is officially gone to Nice

Very nice by Nice

:(

Can't believe he's left Utd

Nice wording btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

**** at Spurs, it doesn't matter what he did in China such are the conditions and standards.

**** at Spurs, it doesn't matter what he did in China such are the conditions and standards.

Tbf I'm not a fan of the signing but he has excelled with the Brazilian national team which is a high level.

Well seemingly his form in the Chinese Super League earned him a recall for the Brazil national team and he scored a hat trick in the 4-1 win over Uruguay in March, while Guangzhou currently lead the domestic league and are into the quarterfinals of the Asian Champions League .
    Of course the standard in Asia and China is pretty poor.

It seems Barca opened with an offer of £17million in July and has now risen to 40m euro ,which seems very high for a 29 year old who flopped on his last spell in Europe.
    Will be another Gomez me thinks .

Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed Paulinho's departure from Guangzhou Evergrande for Barcelona, claiming the Brazilian's switch to La Liga reflects positively on the Chinese Super League champions.

Barcelona have activated Paulinho's €40 million buyout clause after two failed attempts to sign the 29-year-old, who has excelled for club and country so far this year.

Seems a bit of a strange move by Barcelona to say the least.

Saw this somewhere and it made me chuckle:

Wanted Paulo Dybala and Coutinho but are struggling to get either;
    Paulo + Coutinho = Paulinho. Problem solved.

Spanish Super Cup Classico first leg in a couple of hours ,could be tasty.

Neymar's PSG debut in an hour too though. Spoilt for choice. :)

• Advertisement

• martyos121 wrote: »
    Neymar's PSG debut in an hour too though. Spoilt for choice. :)

What channel, just got me IPTV sorted. I'm split for choice today too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't wish it on him but I would find it very funny if Neymar does his cruciate in his first game for PSG.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I wouldn't wish it on him but I would find it very funny if Neymar does his cruciate in his first game for PSG.

That's not funny at all.

Why? Not to spout faux outrage but I wouldn't wish that on any player, not least find it funny! but I have done mine twice so I guess its a personal thing! f*ck the money, you want to see players like Neymar play

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What channel, just got me IPTV sorted. I'm split for choice today too

BT I think. Not sure which one. Check Flashscore. They list stations matches are on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

There have been some humdingers of brainless posts in this thread in the last few days. I feel unworthy that I couldn't get involved.

• Advertisement

"Funny"

45tfrds5rtf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What a prick of a post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

2A3jihn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

That's a really bad thing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Poorly stated by AC, but in general, it'd be funny to see some sort, any sort of anti-climax following the ****storm.

A season ender seems a bit much.:o

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Poorly stated by AC, but in general, it'd be funny to see some sort, any sort of anti-climax following the ****storm.

A season ender seems a bit much.:o

Maybe not scoring a goal or getting sent off......plenty of alternatives to laughing at a cruciate injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Well Neymar just played a world class pass to set up Cavani. Incredible.

On the "hope Neymar does his cruciate" thing, It was a bad post but the reaction to it is a bit much tbh. Ten people saying the same thing, it's just getting digs in for the sake of it after the first one. Plenty of us have posted something we'd love to take back as soon as it's uploaded.

Anyway, this is the transfer thread right?

Draxler left out of the PSG squad tonight might suggest he's available to offset the cost of their dealings, especially with Mbappe about to sign and rumours of Sanchez too.

martyos121 wrote: »
    On the "hope Neymar does his cruciate" thing, It was a bad post but the reaction to it is a bit much tbh. Ten people saying the same thing, it's just getting digs in for the sake of it after the first one. Plenty of us have posted something we'd love to take back as soon as it's uploaded.

Anyway, this is the transfer thread right?

Draxler left out of the PSG squad tonight might suggest he's available to offset the cost of their dealings, especially with Mbappe about to sign and rumours of Sanchez too.

you can delete posts. Instead of leaving it there....

you can delete posts. Instead of leaving it there....

Little point in deleting it when it's been jumped on instantly for everyone to see. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think we should all move on with our lives.

Little point in deleting it when it's been jumped on instantly for everyone to see. :confused:

When I made an erroneous Statement before I reported the post asking it removed. It was along with the responses (think it was AH/Galway board maybe???). Moderators can be very helpful cleaning up messes.

When I made an erroneous Statement before I reported the post asking it removed. It was along with the responses (think it was AH/Galway board maybe???). Moderators can be very helpful cleaning up messes.

Well that seems like a pointless thing to do in fairness. It's not like people have goldfish memories.

I added a transfer rumour to one of my previous posts in the hope of getting this thread back on topic, but clearly people would rather dwell on a poorly thought out post that has nothing to do with summer transfers rather than discuss, I dunno, summer transfers? :rolleyes:

Well that seems like a pointless thing to do in fairness. It's not like people have goldfish memories.

I added a transfer rumour to one of my previous posts in the hope of getting this thread back on topic, but clearly people would rather dwell on a poorly thought out post than discuss, I dunno, summer transfer? :rolleyes:

No but leaving it up proudly will lead to reactions. He was fishing for "thanks" and failed miserably. He can reel in the consequences proudly if thats what he wants.

You posted your own rumour. If you actually want to talk about actual transfers Sofiane Feghouli has departed West Ham to join Galatasary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The rumours of Sanchez are interesting, i doubt they would be going for both Sanchez and Mbappe.. It seems Sanchez posted a tweet today with his location set to Paris, which is where the latest round are coming from

• Advertisement
Advertisement