Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/896837431290462208

Jese is EPL bound.........talk seems to be it's Stoke on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

zerks wrote: »
    Jese is EPL bound.........talk seems to be it's Stoke on loan.

Are they ever gonna stop signing these mad Barca/Bayern/Madrid rejected prospects, mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,168 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sigurdsson seems likely to move to Everton this week. Swansea will use that to fund moves for Bony, Allen and Chadli, West Brom then plan to use the Chadli money for probably anyone at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I can imagine how it'd go down.
    Man City to Pep: We've accepted a bid from Swansea City for Wilfried Bony.
    Pep: Who or what is a Wilfried Bony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I don't see why Swanea would go for Bony with Llorente and Abraham? I guess having competition is import and would allow them to rotate them around?

Allen back to Swansea could be a good transfer for both, wouldn't be a replacement for Sigurðsson though.

I don't see why Swanea would go for Bony with Llorente and Abraham? I guess having competition is import and would allow them to rotate them around?

Allen back to Swansea could be a good transfer for both, wouldn't be a replacement for Sigurðsson though.

Llorente could still be off to Chelsea, Chadli will replace Sigurdsson.

Coutinho out of the squad for the Hoffenheim game,maybe injury or maybe it's the fact he doesn't want to be cup tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Coutinho out of the squad for the Hoffenheim game,maybe injury or maybe it's the fact he doesn't want to be cup tied.

He wouldn't be cup tied from playing in a qualifier though?

Harambe wrote: »
    He wouldn't be cup tied from playing in a qualifier though?

I thought that was only if the team they played for failed to qualify. But I've no idea why I think that

• Advertisement

• "Second Martial bid - claim

10:00: Tottenham are planning a second approach for Manchester United star Anthony Martial.

French broadcaster RMC Sport claimed that United had rejected Spurs’ initial bid over the weekend."

Jog on lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I thought that was only if the team they played for failed to qualify. But I've no idea why I think that

Any player playing in the qualifying games can represent a different team in the champions league proper. I don't think teams qualifying or not even comes into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    "Second Martial bid - claim

10:00: Tottenham are planning a second approach for Manchester United star Anthony Martial.

French broadcaster RMC Sport claimed that United had rejected Spurs’ initial bid over the weekend."

Spurs bid for our players.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Barca confirmed Paulinho deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Barca confirmed Paulinho deal.

Madness im pissed off as a spurs and barca fan I don't want that infections coward near either club,

"Second Martial bid - claim

Wouldn't take him too lazy for poch imho, and his presumably high wage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

davycc wrote: »
    Wouldn't take him too lazy for poch imho,and his presumably high wage too.

Does Poch not get a say in who the club signs?

Also does Ormus know your stealing his posts :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wouldn't take him too lazy for poch imho, and his presumably high wage too.

Lazy?

Pretty lazy analysis.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Madness im pissed off as a spurs and barca fan I don't want that infections coward near either club,

Support a third team then ; p

Support a third team then ; p

I support the mighty shelbourne too,
    Destroyers of the mighty Waterford "city"

I dont think you'll see Paulinho at Shels anyway so you're safe with that one.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »

Yeah he's not quiet as good as their level these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Paulinho- pros and cons

Cons:
    -ends our interest in Seri. A younger, far more Barca compatible player who would've actually solved some problems this team has.

- takes minutes away from La Masia midfielders whose potential is far greater than Paulinho's level.

- 40 million euro gone out of the transfer budget in one fell swoop on a 29 year old.

- rightly gives opposition fans a chance to laugh at the club.

Pros:

- aids Josep Bartomeu's business dealings in China with his company ADELTE.

Easy to see who wins from this deal, it's the club president rather than the club.

pjohnson wrote: »

I would rather bring home wes houlian tbf stuff of dreams !
    Pauline o is the stuff of nightmares big time I don't know what barca see in him.

If they wanted an overpriced bottler midfielder we should have sold them sissoko lol! Still time left in the window to shift him finger crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Paulinho- pros and cons

Cons:
    -ends our interest in Seri. A younger, far more Barca compatible player who would've actually solved some problems this team has.

- takes minutes away from La Masia midfielders whose potential is far greater than Paulinho's level.

- 40 million euro gone out of the transfer budget in one fell swoop on a 29 year old.

- rightly gives opposition fans a chance to laugh at the club.

Pros:

- aids Josep Bartomeu's business dealings in China with his company ADELTE.

Easy to see who wins from this deal, it's the club president rather than the club.

€40m for Paulihno and apparently €100 agreed for Dembele (+€30m in add ons to be agreed). How much more do Barca have? Couthino will be £100m+.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

emmetkenny wrote: »
    €40m for Paulihno and apparently €100 agreed for Dembele (+€30m in add ons to be agreed). How much more do Barca have? Couthino will be £100m+.

Rumoured transfer budget pre Neymar was €80 million. Some of that was spent on Semedo, Delofeu and Marlon. So probably enough for Coutinho but 40 million wasted on Paulinho is sickening. Ironically not the first time a big portion of a big transfer kitty amassed from selling 1 top player has been wasted on him.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/897074780687532032

"Liverpool register interest in signing Nice midfielder Jean Michaël Seri."

The Standard: Chelsea closing in on £35 million signing of Oxelaide Chamberlain.

William Carvalho move to West Ham almost completed.

Newcastle United are close to signing Stoke striker Joselu.(BBC)

https://twitter.com/ilcano22/status/897069818125447169
    Milan negotiating with Villereal for Bacca.

I'm only joking! When I was a young lad I even had Chelsea as my "second team", enamoured by the likes of Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Poyet and the illustrious Jody Morris! ! (I'm a Utd fan!!) I soon grew out of that!

Its more a reference to certain posters who jump on every bandwagon going !!

The Standard: Chelsea closing in on £35 million signing of Oxelaide Chamberlain.

William Carvalho move to West Ham almost completed.

Newcastle United are close to signing Stoke striker Joselu.(BBC)

https://twitter.com/ilcano22/status/897069818125447169
    Milan negotiating with Villereal for Bacca.

I'm surprised Milan have been so quiet considering what people predicted they would do this Summer. Still tidied up the squad though and hopefully Serie A can regrow in competitiveness again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm only joking! When I was a young lad I even had Chelsea as my "second team", enamoured by the likes of Zola, Vialli, Gullit, Poyet and the illustrious Jody Morris! ! (I'm a Utd fan!!) I soon grew out of that!

Its more a reference to certain posters who jump on every bandwagon going !!

You can always come back to the dark side. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Carvalho to West Ham? Take about a fall from grace, he was heavily linked to the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Real at one stage.

• £35 million for Oxelaide Chamberlain..is that considered low in todays market? Especially when a PL club is selling to another PL club.
    Could be considered a good piece of business if he goes to Chelsea at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

£35 million for Oxelaide Chamberlain..is that considered low in todays market? Especially when a PL club is selling to another PL club.
    Could be considered a good piece of business if he goes to Chelsea at that price

12 months left on his deal, Mick.

Its probably on the upper end of the scale in terms of a transfer for an English player from one rival to another when you consider the contract but he is only 24, I think and as I said, English, thats the biggest thing in this potential transfer.

Its a link Chelsea have been mentioned in for awhile now but nothing overly solid. Arsenal may just refuse to sell him too and see where he goes with his contract situation, like Sanchez and Ramsey who are in the final year of their deals.

Edit : All the links are from the likes of the S*n, Star, Express, Standard, nothing concrete yet, IMO.

• I actually think he's a decent player with potential but fitness is a risk. Always seems to pick up niggly injuries.

He's a very decent player if he gets a run of games and is still, what 23? Chelsea'sr squad crying out for a striker and a centre back now, specifically. Midfield looks good if they get Ox-C

Southampton announce partnership with Gao family, will this bring in more money so they can stop Liverpool buying all their players?

80% stake in the club,£210 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'm surprised Milan have been so quiet considering what people predicted they would do this Summer. Still tidied up the squad though and hopefully Serie A can regrow in competitiveness again.

quiet? they have signed about 10 players

Southampton announce partnership with Gao family, will this bring in more money so they can stop Liverpool buying all their players?

80% stake in the club,£210 million.

I'd say they may have been holding off selling anyone until after the takeover.

You sell an asset worth 60m just before a takeover then the likelihood is the valuation of your shares go down and the Gap family buy for a bit less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

£35 million for Oxelaide Chamberlain..is that considered low in todays market? Especially when a PL club is selling to another PL club.

Could end up eating my words here but for me he's £20 million too dear. Heard Kenny Cunningham banging on about him last week and how United should be in for him.

I don't rate him, he's an average injury prone player at best, a winger who doesn't score much goals or assist much. I could see how he would fit in at Chelsea, probably take Moses' position.

Reminds me of a poor man's Ji Sung Park

• Advertisement

quiet? they have signed about 10 players

Christ, Bonucci and Silva completely passed over my radar! :o For some reason I thought the former transfer collapsed?

Ricardo Rodrigue is a top notch buy as well!

I don't know much about, in fact nothing at all, I am willing to admit about Mussachio and the Turkish lad they bought off Bayer. Not going to pretend I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Oxlaide-Chamberlain is technically a very good player, right side anyway, but I often watch him and think he's very sloppy in what he does sometimes, like he doesn't play the percentages of attempting a pass or running with the ball. I think the decision making process with a lot of English players is something that they are poor with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/897074780687532032

"Liverpool register interest in signing Nice midfielder Jean MichaSeri."

and this one is so simple - a 40m euro buy out clause with no angles to it.
    "Seri has a €40m clause. At that price, he'll be free. Without it, we don't have the intention to sell him. Even if people don't take clauses seriously in France, they deserve some respect. If a club offers €40m for Seri tomorrow, he'll go

Just pay it and get a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

is he any good though? 40m is cheap if he is or expensive if he isnt. I have no idea though if he is good or bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's actually just a gentlemans agreement, not a clause, so the potential is there for some ****ery :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

He's a very decent player if he gets a run of games and is still, what 23? Chelsea'sr squad crying out for a striker and a centre back now, specifically. Midfield looks good if they get Ox-C

We'll still be a CM short even with Ox. And we only play one up front so Morata/Bats and then Hazard/Pedro in emergencies...

• Advertisement

• Could end up eating my words here but for me he's £20 million too dear. Heard Kenny Cunningham banging on about him last week and how United should be in for him.

I don't rate him, he's an average injury prone player at best, a winger who doesn't score much goals or assist much. I could see how he would fit in at Chelsea, probably take Moses' position.

Reminds me of a poor man's Ji Sung Park

Cunningham was a complete embarrassment in general that night

It's actually just a gentlemans agreement, not a clause, so the potential is there for some ****ery :pac:

Yeah my understanding is that buyout clauses are illegal in France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cunningham was a complete embarrassment in general that night

Agree completely, he was undermining Mourinho's relationship with players, how he treats them even after Duff was praising the way he deals with his players and that's the way he gets the best out of them.

You can see Duff has a lot of respect for Mourinho and Cunningham was jsut there to slate him I thought

POKERKING wrote: »
    is he any good though? 40m is cheap if he is or expensive if he isnt. I have no idea though if he is good or bad.

Quiet you and your pile of new players... Liverpool just want some new players :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Good business by Arsenal IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement