Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hopefully he also announces he is going to stay there forever and we wont have to endure another year of he's going to man utd, no he's staying, no he's going .The Griezmann transfer saga may well be the most tedious in the history of the game.

Really? Wesley Sneijder? Vidal? Thiago? They were much worse and lasted all summer. More than one summer for Sneijder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Really? Wesley Sneijder? Vidal? Thiago? They were much worse and lasted all summer. More than one summer for Sneijder.

I've forgotten about the Vidal and Sneijder ones.They were pretty bad as well.

Strootman was another one.He was definitely signing about 3 or 4 times and yet he's still at Roma.

The Griezmann one if annoying because he seems to be commenting on it a lot whereas with most other transfer sagas it's just media talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't forget Gaitan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Arsenal have enough of one thing it's average creative midfielders / wingers, can't see why they'd even consider that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Thats a bonkers deal for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No way that'll happen

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Arsenal don't need Turan maybe a few year ago but his best days are behind him and have more than enough of him type players especially as an Arsenal fan don't want him considering Wenger said he won't be signing more then 3 players this summer. Van Djik and Mbappe please Arsene if only it was that simple a lad can dream I guess :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Player+Cash deals are always in the papers but ther've only been about 4 in the last 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Arsenal need a CB and a striker ahead of anything else.That deal would make no sense for them.

• Advertisement

I approve of Turan joining Arsenal so Liverpool won't be linked with him for the 11th transfer window in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I approve of Turan joining Arsenal so Liverpool won't be linked with him for the 11th transfer window in a row.

Too old for us now I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bild reporting that Bayern will sell Douglas Costa for E40m and Sanches for E35m this Summer.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/transfer/die-profis-haben-in-ihren-vereinen-keine-chance-mehr-52036182.bild.html

Sanchez? Wasn't he the "next big thing" two years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sanchez? Wasn't he the "next big thing" two years ago?

Last year! Only signed for Bayern in May 2016.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Benimar wrote: »
    Last year! Only signed for Bayern in May 2016.

for €30m, rising to €80 with add ons (which presumably were never achieved).

United were heavily linked at the time, and I'd imagine we will be again. Jose was quoted when he joined us as saying...

“I arrived late,” Mourinho told Portuguese channel Sport TV.

“I signed in May, we started talking a week before, but completely out of the process.

“If I had arrived earlier, I’d fight for him.

“Manchester United watched Renato many times and maybe I did it even more.

“In so much time at home, I watched many Benfica and Portuguese league games, I got to know the boy better with time.

“He’s in a big club, in a league where he’ll certainly be the champion. The club have players of very high level which belong to the structure, a little like Benfica.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bild reporting that Bayern will sell Douglas Costa for E40m and Sanches for E35m this Summer.

With Alonso retiring & Robben/Ribery's age they really must have very little faith in those 2 players.
    Maybe it'll be like Shakiri where they were right when he ends up washing up at Stoke playing well about 5 times a season.

Barca after Dembele of Dortmund - quite easy to see BVB unravel a bit (yes, I know its the Mail)
    MailOnline Sport ✔ @MailSport
    Barcelona 'renew interest' in Ousmane Dembele as Borussia Dortmund forward pushes for move http://dailym.ai/2s8IvUk
    11:30 AM - 5 Jun 2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ERG89 wrote: »
    With Alonso retiring & Robben/Ribery's age they really must have very little faith in those 2 players.
    Maybe it'll be like Shakiri where they were right when he ends up washing up at Stoke playing well about 5 times a season.
    It might be simply a case of having Thiago, Vidal, Kimmich, Benko and Gaudino and they would rather develop the German youngsters than Renato Sanches. The player and those around him might be concerned for his future too.

Costa is a surprise but Robben hasn't showed any signs that he is slowing down and they've also got Kingsley Coman. Pantovic is a very promising young player who might be moving up to the senior squad too.

It's not like they are suddenly short in the middle of the park or for wide attackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

eagle eye wrote: »
    It might be simply a case of having Thiago, Vidal, Kimmich, Benko and Gaudino and they would rather develop the German youngsters than Renato Sanches. The player and those around him might be concerned for his future too.

Costa is a surprise but Robben hasn't showed any signs that he is slowing down and they've also got Kingsley Coman. Pantovic is a very promising young player who might be moving up to the senior squad too.

It's not like they are suddenly short in the middle of the park or for wide attackers.

Kimmich I assume is the replacement for Lahm at right back. The other 2 besides Vidal & Thiago are very inexperienced. They have Rudy coming in I guess.
    Beyond Robben & Ribery who are both 33/34 I don't think they have strong options Coman wasn't as impressive this term. Muller who can play wide had a disastrous season too.
    If Dembele is in any way unsettled I fully expect Bayern to go in big for him or Sanchez.....sorry Arsenal.
    Not many wide men on the market now unless you want to risk paying big on a James Rodriguez or a Perisic.

Marca: Pepe to join PSG on a 2 yr deal.

Barca after Dembele of Dortmund - quite easy to see BVB unravel a bit (yes, I know its the Mail)

It would be a fairly stupid move for Dembele as he'll be stuck on the bench all the time.

Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Van Dijk joining Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whoever he joins it will be for a ridiculous fee but I guess City paying £50m for Stones last season set what looks like the now basic fee for a halfway decent CB.

Whoever he joins it will be for a ridiculous fee but I guess City paying £50m for Stones last season set what looks like the now basic fee for a halfway decent CB.

A nice profit for Saints and if the Salah deal goes through then it's about £85 million spent by Liverpool going by media valuations.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Ladbrokes have suspended betting on Van Dijk joining Liverpool.

A good move for all concerned.
    Pool need a commanding CB badly ,should be their main priorty this summer imo.VVD gets a move to a club playing CL football next season and most likely a big jump in wages.

Are Pool fans concerned if they spend around 85m on VVD and Salah that will be there main transfer business done?Will ther be anything left to build up the squad,which I think is badly needed especially with European football this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

yabadabado wrote: »
    Pool need a commanding CB badly ,should be their main priorty this summer imo.VVD gets a move to a club playing CL football next season and most likely a big jump in wages.

Are Pool fans concerned if they spend around 85m on VVD and Salah that will be there main transfer business done?Will ther be anything left to build up the squad,which I think is badly needed especially with European football this season.

Reports that lfc are in for a cm naiby keita of leipzig, a striker and a lb

A nice profit for Saints and if the Salah deal goes through then it's about £85 million spent by Liverpool going by media valuations.

Liverpool's alleged budget is around £200m which would include sales coming from the so called ITK's.

Signing those two strengthens positions Liverpool are weak in a CB and someone with pace.

That still leaves Liverpool with about £120m to play with for fill CM, LB and Striker roles.

Which is manageable £50m each for a CM and Striker and £20m for a LB.

There are the key roles Liverpool need filled this summer.

ricero wrote: »
    Reports that lfc are in for a cm naiby keita of leipzig, a striker and a lb

Looks a really good player from what I have seen of him.Not going to be cheap either.If they add those 5 players then its a big boost for Klopp with them backing him with 150m +(guessing here obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think they'll try and get another 2 or 3 in on top of that IF and it's a big if, they sign Salah and VVD. They'll probably recoup some money from the sales of Sakho, Moreno and a couple others. Sturridge maybe.

Word seemed to be that the owners were going to back Klopp this Summer with money to spend. I remain skeptical but maybe they will.

• Advertisement

I think they'll try and get another 2 or 3 in on top of that IF and it's a big if, they sign Salah and VVD. They'll probably recoup some money from the sales of Sakho, Moreno and a couple others. Sturridge maybe.

Word seemed to be that the owners were going to back Klopp this Summer with money to spend. I remain skeptical but maybe they will.

Their new CEO seemed to be going with the line that was trotted out before of the money ball approach, it could be these 2 big signings and looking for bargains afterwards. The Liverpool squad needs a bit of filling out.After the first XI or so it's pretty thin.

Madrid have offered €135 million for mBappe.

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/871764118340063232

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Madrid have offered €135 million for mBappe.

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/871764118340063232

£118m.

Incredible.

Their new CEO seemed to be going with the line that was trotted out before of the money ball approach, it could be these 2 big signings and looking for bargains afterwards. The Liverpool squad needs a bit of filling out.After the first XI or so it's pretty thin.

League has changed something else, how much extra cash do you get for each place in the league , i.e if they moved from 4th to 2nd next year and got past the group stages?

I don't know but it could very easily make financial sense to take a gamble and spend around 200m if there is a good chance you will recoup alot of it if you progress

SlickRic wrote: »
    £118m.

Incredible.

If they sell James Rodriguez and Morata that will probably be most of the money back straight away.

If they sell James Rodriguez and Morata that will probably be most of the money back straight away.

I'd rather the two of them tbh.

Which is convenient....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd rather the two of them tbh.

Which is convenient....

I'd be surprised if you didn't end up with James by the end of the transfer window, but the Morata situation has all the makings of a bidding war unless he completes his move to Milan very quickly, and then it's down to who really wants him more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Didn't Madrid get James off Monaco? Could easily see Mbappe being another James type signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

League has changed something else, how much extra cash do you get for each place in the league , i.e if they moved from 4th to 2nd next year and got past the group stages?

I don't know but it could very easily make financial sense to take a gamble and spend around 200m if there is a good chance you will recoup alot of it if you progress
    Not going to happen. There's a budget there and it's not going to be broken unless by a sudden requirement like injury or a player suddenly becoming available sooner than expected.

Unless FSG have had a Damascene conversion.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/871799816711438336

"Liverpool will need to pay record fee (for defender) to sign Virgil Van Dijk - up to £60m. Wages likely to be about £200,000 a week"

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if you didn't end up with James by the end of the transfer window, but the Morata situation has all the makings of a bidding war unless he completes his move to Milan very quickly, and then it's down to who really wants him more.

Been a fan of James for years so would love that one. Know very, very little about Morata. Must educate myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/871799816711438336

"Liverpool will need to pay record fee (for defender) to sign Virgil Van Dijk - up to £60m. Wages likely to be about £200,000 a week"

Jesus, thats madness, surely they could get similar player for half that

The last few seasons City have been upping the price of CB's Otamendi cost £32 Mangala cost what £35m Stones cost £50m.

Then put Luis there as well cost PSG £50m

I wouldn't consider any of them world class so it seems the going rate now for a CB that is considered the level below world class is in the £50m bracket.

Totally crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Turtwig wrote: »
    Didn't Madrid get James off Monaco? Could easily see Mbappe being another James type signing.
    James over performed in the World Cup and that's what got him his move to Madrid, he had been a very hot and cold type player before that. Mbappe has great potential, though £100+ million looks like crazy money to be gambling on potential.

The last few seasons City have been upping the price of CB's Otamendi cost £32 Mangala cost what £35m Stones cost £50m.

Then put Luis there as well cost PSG £50m

I wouldn't consider any of them world class so it seems the going rate now for a CB that is considered the level below world class is in the £50m bracket.

Totally crazy.

It's the premium premier league clubs have to pay now.

It to a large degree nullifies the supposed advantage the massive TV deal was going to give EPL teams compared to clubs from continental europe. If an EPL team wants a player they can now be completely rode with a price by the selling club.

Just goes to show the bargain Bailly was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Just goes to show the bargain Bailly was.

Judging a player off one season is meh tbh.

Burial. wrote: »
    Judging a player off one season is meh tbh.

One season ?
    He was a regular for Villareal the previous year and one of their best performers in a very good defense.

Am I the only one who hears news of Mbappe and thinks "Hanson"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

One season ?
    He was a regular for Villareal the previous year and one of their best performers in a very good defense.

It's truly amazing the information one can get from YouTube highlights with non copyright EDM music in the background.

Advertisement