Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

Liverpool v Utd :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Wise up yourself. Nobody was talking about United till MrH for some unknown reason mentioned Lingard. Can United fans not discuss the Coutinho transfer and the quality of the player in this thread then?

Jayop wrote: »
    Wise up yourself. Nobody was talking about United till MrH for some unknown reason mentioned Lingard. Can United fans not discuss the Coutinho transfer and the quality of the player in this thread then?

Nobody mentioned Utd fans not being able to discuss Coutinhio. No idea what you're talking about.

It's pretty easy see the way the thread is going. You can probably see it yourself?

Also, that signing of the season thread is great to read through. Just shows how things change over a few years. People talking about Suarez for 20m being expensive for example. Pardew and Lambert being the shrewest managers in the league, Ba being widely regarded as the best transfer that season (tbf he was banging them in and was free). Phil Jones transfer to United being rated better than Mata to Chelsea. lol

Have a look actually it's worth it.

Nobody mentioned Utd fans. No idea what you're talking about.

It's pretty easy see the way the thread is going. You can probably see it yourself?

You did in a half cocked way with your Liverpool vs United :rolleyes: comment.

People are discussing a Liverpool player. Surely it can't come as a huge surprise to you that Liverpool fans will rate him higher than most other fans.

Maybe we should all hive mind behind you guys. Coutinho is the bestest player to ever play and should only be sold for 10 billion pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

In case you were not here. The Lingard reference is related to someone on here who claimed Lingard was better than Coutinho.

As you probably seen I mentioned loads of other players as well and nobody said "why are you bringing <such and such> into it"

Dont be so sensitive. This is the internet

You did in a half cocked way with your Liverpool vs United :rolleyes: comment.

People are discussing a Liverpool player. Surely it can't come as a huge surprise to you that Liverpool fans will rate him higher than most other fans.

Maybe we should all hive mind behind you guys. Coutinho is the bestest player to ever play and should only be sold for 10 billion pounds.

No, Barca are the mugs that think that.

Mr.H wrote: »
    In case you were not here. The Lingard reference is related to someone on here who claimed Lingard was better than Coutinho.

As you probably seen I mentioned loads of other players as well and nobody said "why are you bringing <such and such> into it"

Dont be so sensitive. This is the internet

No, I knew the moment you mentioned a United player someone would be along crying that the thread had turned into a United vs Liverpool debate which it hadn't and hasn't, yet sure enough, within a handful of posts there it was.

Also, did someone really say that? When and who???

No, Barca are the mugs that think that.

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's been a few days in fairness to them.
    In actual transfer news Kondogbia & Murillo are close to joining Valencia from Inter, the latter permanently & the former in a loan swap with Joao Cancelo. Kalinic should be joining Milan on loan from Fiorentina with an obligation to buy next summer.

• Advertisement

Also, that signing of the season thread is great to read through. Just shows how things change over a few years. People talking about Suarez for 20m being expensive for example. Pardew and Lambert being the shrewest managers in the league, Ba being widely regarded as the best transfer that season (tbf he was banging them in and was free). Phil Jones transfer to United being rated better than Mata to Chelsea. lol

Have a look actually it's worth it.

Its crazy to think the strikers who had amazing seasons and just disappeared. Ba of course is one. But what about his Newcastle made Pippise Cisse. Great first season and then gone.......................

Even Torres to a degree. He had a great season at Liverpool and then injury hit him when he was going through a dry spell and before he even got out of it he was at Chelsea

No, I knew the moment you mentioned a United player someone would be along crying that the thread had turned into a United vs Liverpool debate which it hadn't and hasn't, yet sure enough, within a handful of posts there it was.

Also, did someone really say that? When and who???

Haha yea I completely agree. Its almost impossible to talk about players without it going that way here at times.

Im not sure who said it but to be fair I think it was taken out of context. It was last week or the week before in this threat (i think). Everyone jokes about it every so often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Well he is commanding a big fee..

People last week here said Liverpool were crazy to reject 90 million yet here we are.

Mahrez is nowhere near as good
    Payet doesn't want to play outside France
    Draxler flopped at psg
    Sanchez would demand far more in wages than Liverpool or indeed any European club would be willing to pay
    And Costa is a nutcase, great player but a nutcase.

This made me laugh, when hes been brilliant at PSG :rolleyes:
    Mahrez has achieved proven himself to be a vital cog in a title winning team, something Coutinho has never done
    Diego Costa and Douglas Costa arent the same player

*Must not mention Ba's other contribution* ;)

That was a damn decent Newcastle team that year. I had totally forgot they finished the 2011/12 season in 5th. Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Coloccini.

Haha yea I completely agree. Its almost impossible to talk about players without it going that way here at times.

Im not sure who said it but to be fair I think it was taken out of context. It was last week or the week before in this threat (i think). Everyone jokes about it every so often.

Ah coolers, I hadn't realised it was a standing gag and as such I aplogise for having knickers twisted!

In your opinion. Nobody else's but still.....

There has been plenty saying hes better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

irishman86 wrote: »
    Maybe Lingard or Miki, closer in talent to Coutinho :rolleyes: and position

-_-

Yeah sorry Irishman, try as I would love to to defend that one, I just can't do it. Lingard is nowhere near the level and Mkhi hasn't exactly been firing on all cylinders since his transfer to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

and if anyone was wondering why Liverpool rejected the offer

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/revealed-barcelona-bid-philippe-coutinho-11012912
    These ‘never-never payments’ would include

Winning multiple trophies in the same season
    Winning multiple Champions League titles
    Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
    Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season
    Payment of the basic £80m fee staggered over five years

Sheikh Mansour threatens that Man City will be involved in the biggest transfer in history and I've gotten a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that it could be Messi.

I really hope you are wrong, i honestly wouldnt watch this latest version of Barcelona if he left out of pure disgust

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If Liverpool got Keita and VVD in now for £140 million combined and sold Coutinho for £120 million then I'd say that's great business. I don't think Southampton would turn down 60 million and RB would take £90 million for Keita, that would leave Liverpools squad in a much better and more balanced position.

Demand the Barca figure as lump sum and I think both other clubs will take those fees if paid up front. Obviously get the other players in before selling but FSG need to take a bit of a risk. Markets gone mad but it can still be played.

Such bollocks, especially when they got the Neymar money in one lump (I think).

No way am I suffering from rose tinted glasses on this one.

All I will say is Barca are willing to pay this figure for Coutinho without ever considering Sig Sanchez or Ericson.

They may be crazy but the fact is they made the offer for Phil so THEY rate him that much.

They just signed Paulinho for 40 mill
    The same as Matic and i think more than Kante
    So i wouldnt go trusting Barcelonas judgement on players

*Must not mention Ba's other contribution* ;)

That was a damn decent Newcastle team that year. I had totally forgot they finished the 2011/12 season in 5th. Ba, Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Coloccini.

They will definitely go down as one of the best teams to not win a trophy along with Martin ONiells Aston Villa side. I mean Barry, Downing, Young, Dunne, Milner, Albrighton. How many Premier league winners played for them?

They just signed Paulinho for 40 mill
    The same as Matic and i think more than Kante
    So i wouldnt go trusting Barcelonas judgement on players

Suarez and Neymar where not bad additions.

I could start naming other huge success's like TerStegen and Raktic or talk about older signings like Figo, Ronaldo, Kluivert and so on

Yea I definitely think Barcas recruitment history is at the very least better than Liverpools

They will definitely go down as one of the best teams to not win a trophy along with Martin ONiells Aston Villa side. I mean Barry, Downing, Young, Dunne, Milner, Albrighton. How many Premier league winners played for them?

That's a really good thread idea there. The best PL side not to win a trophy, or even to win the league. I'd start it but honestly, coming from a United fan it would look like trolling of the highest order.

Ah coolers, I hadn't realised it was a standing gag and as such I aplogise for having knickers twisted!

its no big deal. If anything it speaks positively for your social life that you dont see every post on here :D

That's a really good thread idea there. The best PL side not to win a trophy, or even to win the league. I'd start it but honestly, coming from a United fan it would look like trolling of the highest order.

Yea and a Liverpool fan would have no issue with people highlighting Slippy G:D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    -_-

Where did i say he was better buddy :rolleyes:
    Are they both not players in his position
    If anything i was being to nice saying he was close to Miki :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry Irishman, try as I would love to to defend that one, I just can't do it. Lingard is nowhere near the level and Mkhi hasn't exactly been firing on all cylinders since his transfer to United.

Never said buddy he was, and lets be fair Miki on his day is easily as good as Coutinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Where did i say he was better buddy :rolleyes:
    Are they both not players in his position
    If anything i was being to nice saying he was close to Miki :cool:

Dig up.

Suarez and Neymar where not bad additions.

I could start naming other huge success's like TerStegen and Raktic or talk about older signings like Figo, Ronaldo, Kluivert and so on

Yea I definitely think Barcas recruitment history is at the very least better than Liverpools

You would off course be wrong
    Suarez and Neymar seriously :rolleyes: :pac: oh yeah im sure they were working overtime making sure of the talent they had
    Its funny you say Ter Stegen as hes not been considered a success, although it wouldnt be the first time youve said something totally incorrect today
    Barcelona signings of the 90's arent really relevant the fact you had to go there is hilarious and once again showing..........
    Maybe we should be talking about Leeds :pac::pac::pac:
    Have a look at Barcelonas signings of the last few seasons and maybe you will realise how wrong you are on this

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dig up.

:rolleyes: thats all you deserve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Coutinho is vital to Liverpool I can see why they rejected the fee.

Barca need a higher calibre of player though

You would off course be wrong
    Suarez and Neymar seriously :rolleyes: :pac: oh yeah im sure they were working overtime making sure of the talent they had
    Its funny you say Ter Stegen as hes not been considered a success, although it wouldnt be the first time youve said something totally incorrect today
    Barcelona signings of the 90's arent really relevant the fact you had to go there is hilarious and once again showing..........
    Maybe we should be talking about Leeds :pac::pac::pac:
    Have a look at Barcelonas signings of the last few seasons and maybe you will realise how wrong you are on this

So TerStegen flopped then yea??

Now your just talking out of your rear. I said something incorrect?? Most of what I said was opinion so I cant see how I was wrong unless I thought I Thought something else and was completely clueless to that fact. Maybe you are reading into comments such as "not many others would consider Ericksen better than Coutinho" (Not exact words) which again would be opinion but I guess it borders on assumed fact so maybe that is what you are referring to? Bit nit-picky and petty though, dont you think?

Seriously I cant think of any players that they have signed in the last few years that wouldnt make it in a top 4 squads (a player that would play regularly. Even a back up player) in the PL

Turan, Digne, Umtiti, Raktic, Vermalean, Mathieu and so on. Also I went back further to prove a point that they have always had a pretty good transfer policy.

Can you name even one signing in the last 4 years that wouldnt get into one of the top 4 squads in the PL?

But then again it wouldnt be the first time I was wrong today??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Now your just talking out of your rear. I said something incorrect?? Most of what I said was opinion so I cant see how I was wrong unless I thought I Thought something else and was completely clueless to that fact. Maybe you are reading into comments such as "not many others would consider Ericksen better than Coutinho" (Not exact words) which again would be opinion but I guess it borders on assumed fact so maybe that is what you are referring to? Bit nit-picky and petty though, dont you think?

Seriously I cant think of any players that they have signed in the last few years that wouldnt make it in a top 4 squads (a player that would play regularly. Even a back up player) in the PL

Turan, Digne, Umtiti, Raktic, Vermalean, Mathieu and so on. Also I went back further to prove a point that they have always had a pretty good transfer policy.

Can you name even one signing in the last 4 years that wouldnt get into one of the top 4 squads in the PL?

I was in somewhat in agreement with you until I read Mathieu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

duffman13 wrote: »
    If Liverpool got Keita and VVD in now for £140 million combined and sold Coutinho for £120 million then I'd say that's great business. I don't think Southampton would turn down 60 million and RB would take £90 million for Keita, that would leave Liverpools squad in a much better and more balanced position.

Demand the Barca figure as lump sum and I think both other clubs will take those fees if paid up front. Obviously get the other players in before selling but FSG need to take a bit of a risk. Markets gone mad but it can still be played.

Even better if they sign VVD and Kieta and told Barca to jog on with their add-on fee... Probably £10m of that is for Couthino been the first player to lift the Galaxy Trophy in the Moon Cup against the Space Monsters from Mars.

Turtwig wrote: »
    I was in somewhat in agreement with you until I read Mathieu.

Haha fair enough. I still think he would have easily and still would walk into the Liverpool team and perhaps Arsenals (not that Liverpool are a regular top 4 side these days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There's a huge gulf in quality between a top 4 Premier league squad member and a Barcelona player .Huge.

The Barcelona transfer strategy over the last few years even back when Pep was there has been very hit and miss especially when it comes to buying defenders.

There's a huge gulf in quality between a top 4 Premier league squad member and a Barcelona player .Huge.

The Barcelona transfer strategy over the last few years even back when Pep was there has been very hit and miss especially when it comes to buying defenders.

They need a squad too.

Barca have always been very top heavy. They spend most of their budget on some of the players and then the rest is made up by players who are above average. That doesnt mean that they are not Barca type players. I would have any of their first team defenders in the Liverpool team without question.

My point is not that their signings are average at times. My point is that even those average players would be considered above average for a lot of teams chasing league titles

• Advertisement

Ten pages read. No transfers. I'm just plain naive at this stage.

Any chance of a summer transfer thread ?

Can there be a second thread discussing the merits of transfers or attempted transfers ?

You could set up a no comments transfer thread next window and have another like this for general discussion surrounding transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If Barca read this thread they'll know they're been robbed! Must have complete ameteurs working in the recruitment department..

There is plenty of evidence to suggest as much alright. Not just how much they will pay for Coutinho, going way back!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DiMaria being touted as an alternative to Coutinho now in mundodeportivo. Probably trying to presaure Liverpool into selling... doubt that will work though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't see how Barca trying to buy other players would pressure Liverpool if anything else Barca are just p1ssing off more clubs with their transfer antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

astradave wrote: »
    DiMaria being touted as an alternative to Coutinho now in mundodeportivo. Probably trying to presaure Liverpool into selling... doubt that will work though

Liverpool don't want to sell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »

Barca have started negotiations with PSG, also with Nice for Seri.

https://twitter.com/BarcaSpiral/status/898675389932871680

Messi getting tetchy over the lack of big signings,
    https://twitter.com/BarcaSpiral/status/898672922662981633

I'm not being nit-picky at all, i think you are wrong about most stuff you have posted its as easy as that
    Just because you cant doesnt mean you are correct, you listed 6 players only one has been a success with Umtiti having potential. Signings they made back in the day arent relevant similar to Leeds
    Youve listed three players there that wouldnt get into a top 4 side
    You actually anwser every question youve asked right there if you read your comment again :pac:
    Thats a special kind of skill

My point is that even those average players would be considered above average for a lot of teams chasing league titles

Your point is wrong. Liverpool arent a title chasing side unless they have a amazing season so they dont count. So no Barcelona squad players that they have signed in recent years arent the envy of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Paulinho. Deulofeu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement