Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Juve 75m euro bid for Kovacic rejected - Liverpool need to make an offer for this fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Juve 75m euro bid for Kovacic rejected - Liverpool need to make an offer for this fella.

He barely plays for Madrid and it's rejected ..jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I don't know if they bid for him but if they did I ain't buying that Juve bid that much.
    Bar Higuain they just aren't big spenders even with the cash garned from sales they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Now Coutinho is over for the summer, it's onto Seri and Dembele. Ironically Seri probably the type of player that's needed more than Coutinho, both players eager to join. Still doesn't hide the fact that this Barca board is basicallt stumbling about in the dark, repeatedly tripping over wires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Look at the replies here when I dared say Suarez was signing of the season back in 2011 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76066783

Alonso wasn't rated here among non Liverpool fans until he left.

Winning trophies doesn't alone equate to being rated higher no. Torres won more after leaving Liverpool but nobody would say he was better.

Well thats complete bull****. Alonso was the best midfielder in that Pool team and I think the majority of people thought that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mr.H wrote: »
    So TerStegen flopped then yea??

Now your just talking out of your rear. I said something incorrect?? Most of what I said was opinion so I cant see how I was wrong unless I thought I Thought something else and was completely clueless to that fact. Maybe you are reading into comments such as "not many others would consider Ericksen better than Coutinho" (Not exact words) which again would be opinion but I guess it borders on assumed fact so maybe that is what you are referring to? Bit nit-picky and petty though, dont you think?

Seriously I cant think of any players that they have signed in the last few years that wouldnt make it in a top 4 squads (a player that would play regularly. Even a back up player) in the PL

Turan, Digne, Umtiti, Raktic, Vermalean, Mathieu and so on. Also I went back further to prove a point that they have always had a pretty good transfer policy.

Can you name even one signing in the last 4 years that wouldnt get into one of the top 4 squads in the PL?

But then again it wouldnt be the first time I was wrong today??
    Both of those are dirt and I'd doubt any top side would want them.Arsenal delighted to ship off Vermalean.

There are several players who aren't good enough for top 4 squads.They signed 2 this summer alone :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Now Coutinho is over for the summer, it's onto Seri and Dembele. Ironically Seri probably the type of player that's needed more than Coutinho, both players eager to join. Still doesn't hide the fact that this Barca board is basicallt stumbling about in the dark, repeatedly tripping over wires.

Surely Messi has a few higher profile targets in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Surely Messi has a few higher profile targets in mind?

Honestly Seri and Dembele are beyond our wildest dreams, mainly because they are two targets who, given age, potential, current market situation, are correctly priced and both want to play for the club and, most importantly, both fit the bill for exactly what the first team needs. Namely a controlling midfielder and an explosivs winger. What would make it remarkable if it happens would be this board landing on the option seemingly by chance/luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barca have informed Liverpool they have till Sunday to change their mind and accept the deal for Coutinho or they will withdraw the offer.

Lol.

• Advertisement

Looks like Chris Wood to Burnley for £15 mill plus add ons.

Risky move, he had a great season last year, but before then he was unimpressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Barca have informed Liverpool they have till Sunday to change their mind and accept the deal for Coutinho or they will withdraw the offer.

Lol.

Hahhahahahhahahhahahhahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Risky move, he had a great season last year, but before then he was unimpressive.

Bid accepted anyway as confirmed by Christiansen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Honestly Seri and Dembele are beyond our wildest dreams, mainly because they are two targets who, given age, potential, current market situation, are correctly priced and both want to play for the club and, most importantly, both fit the bill for exactly what the first team needs. Namely a controlling midfielder and an explosivs winger. What would make it remarkable if it happens would be this board landing on the option seemingly by chance/luck.

Just a minor inconvenience Dortmund don't want to sell at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lol.
    Did they say which Sunday?:D

Lovely bunch of lads, them Spanish lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What a pack of idiots :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Apparently the base time for Liverpool to accept the offer is before midnight tonight but there are generous add ons which can extend it into late tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

yabadabado wrote: »
    Well thats complete bull****. Alonso was the best midfielder in that Pool team and I think the majority of people thought that.

Wasn't on this forum then but generally yeah, when Benitez tried to move him on a year before he did go was mystifying - though his play did improve a lot after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Worrying enough times for Ireland and walters as he hasn't started either of burnleys league games and now this

tastyt wrote: »
    Worrying enough times for Ireland and walters as he hasn't started either of burnleys league games and now this

The only thing is, could see Wood finding it hard to score in the EPL, and going through a barren spell. He was great last season, his bustling style suits the Championship, but had a couple of bad one on one misses already this season.

Way open for Ross McCormack to return to Leeds, wages could be an issue, would need him to drop expectations or Villa to cover some of them, perhaps in return for a couple of million extra in the fee.

Seri has signed for Barca. So that's Coutinho off the agenda! ;)

• Advertisement

Nice midfielder Seri has signed for Barcelona (via @RadioMonteCarl1). Xavi said he is an ideal FCB player... in the old style anyway

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/898991591448129536

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Seri was playing for Nice tonight in a match which ended less than an hour ago. When was he supposed to have signed for Barca?

Sure they could have had the Babblecopter waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Seri was playing for Nice tonight in a match which ended less than an hour ago. When was he supposed to have signed for Barca?
    They probably used a hologram in case they might have to cancel the announcement press conference.

Again.

If they have signed him that's Seri, Paulinho and buying back Gerard Deulofeu for about 90-100m :eek:

Plan B C D for Barca no Coutinho or Dembele so onto Seri and Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If they have signed him that's Seri, Paulinho and buying back Gerard Deulofeu for about 90-100m :eek:

Which when you think about it is still probably better value than two Sigurdssons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Plan B C D for Barca no Coutinho or Dembele so onto Seri and Di Maria.

Is Coutinho deal dead or almost dead?

Nalz wrote: »
    Is Coutinho deal dead or almost dead?

I would say so.

Barca want to pay the money over 5 seasons.

€16m each season for the 5 seasons bringing a total of €80m and then €45m crazy add-ons that would probably never be reached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Actually, they're acting like they're Billy Big Bollocks in a world where clubs don't actually have to sell if they don't want to.

They, and Madrid usually act like this. It's just clubs are giving them the middle finger so far this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Looks fairly dead, Barca are unwilling to pay what it will take to force Liverpool to sell, also they have to contend with other factors such as teams standing strong (to now anyway) in the face of Liverpool trying to sign their better players. How would it play in the media if Liverpool managed to lose one of their after saying he wasn't for sale when they couldn't bully the smaller clubs into parting with their players? Pretty embarrassing.

Fans are fickle in football so as long as Coutinho does it on the pitch when the window closes he will be ok, no lasting effects after a few boos initially you would assume. Reassess the situation next summer, if they have signed Seri that reduces the need even further for Coutinho, who I don't think improves them a whole lot anyway, in terms of being a difference maker.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Barca would be better off trying to sign Kane, Erikson & Alli for crazy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I would say so.

Barca want to pay the money over 5 seasons.

€16m each season for the 5 seasons bringing a total of €80m and then €45m crazy add-ons that would probably never be reached.

Can't really blame liverpool for turning ridiculous payment structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Verratti was the player barca should have went all out to get. Apparently he wanted to go and all but I think that might be another one the barca board messed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They successfully pissed of PSG enough for them to activate Neymars release clause anyway :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Radioestadio/status/898936179537526784

"Agreement for Costa.Atlético would pay 45+10 in bonus".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seri is a very good signing. He was one of my favourite players to watch last season. Similar type of player to Verratti.

When all the clubs are rich, money is not going to buy the player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

When all the clubs are rich, money is not going to buy the player

And they don't have to charge us in and demand a two euro for a cuppa?

• Advertisement

One of the stories from the Sunday back pages is Everton want Costa on loan.He can't officially join Atletico anyway until their transfer ban is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Verratti was the player barca should have went all out to get. Apparently he wanted to go and all but I think that might be another one the barca board messed up.

Apparently it pissed PSG off enough that they decided to take Neymar in retaliation.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportFR/status/899216757973495808

"Man City to buy Messi, €300 million."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/YahooSportFR/status/899216757973495808

"Man City to buy Messi, €300 million."

I would laugh so hard if this happens. Barca thought they could take who they wanted for years and now Neymar is gone and Messi would be the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

We'd finally learn if Messi can do it on a cold wet night in Stoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Can't see it happening but Barca are in serious trouble if it does. With Neymar gone, possibly Messi, and an aging squad... it'll be tough(er) to get those top talents in, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Barca cannot cannot cannot let Messi go for any money, without him they are nothing. Messi is Barcelona.

Would he even want to leave? City are in a much more competitive league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Barca cannot cannot cannot let Messi got for any money, without him they are nothing. Messi is Barcelona.

Would he even want to leave? City are in a much more competitive league.

It doesn't look like he'll be winning much for the next couple of seasons whereas at City he'd make them top contenders for the league by a distance and they'd have at least as big a chance at the CL as Barca would if he was there.

Probably a bigger one.

He'd also broaden his status to not only being the dominant player of his era in La Liga but also that he could stroll over to England and take everyone to the cleaners there as well.

Part of me would love to see it. He doesn't have too much long left so it wouldn't spell an unending period of domination for City. Of course, Liverpool are already miles behind City so it shouldn't make too much difference to us, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What's his release clause? Unless that's met i can't see Barca accepting anything

Would love to see Messi in England

Gbear wrote: »
    It doesn't look like he'll be winning much for the next couple of seasons whereas at City he'd make them top contenders for the league by a distance and they'd have at least as big a chance at the CL as Barca would if he was there.

Probably a bigger one.

He'd also broaden his status to not only being the dominant player of his era in La Liga but also that he could stroll over to England and take everyone to the cleaners there as well.

Part of me would love to see it. He doesn't have too much long left so it wouldn't spell an unending period of domination for City. Of course, Liverpool are already miles behind City so it shouldn't make too much difference to us, really.

Hey, Liverpool take an average of 4 points off City every season! Messi might redress that advantage :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement