Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nothing would be sweeter to see them lose Messi after how they have conducted themselves this summer but the smugness from Pep and City if it were to happen would be unbearable and I believe they'd have the league wrapped up for the next 3 seasons and possibly win their first CL too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nothing would be sweeter to see them lose Messi after how they have conducted themselves this summer but the smugness from Pep and City if it were to happen would be unbearable and I believe they'd have the league wrapped up for the next 3 seasons and possibly win their first CL too.
    Relax Rayne; no chance he'll come to us. Jonny Evans is a better player anyway.

;)

I'm assuming you're now an Everton fan, BTW?

;)

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/YahooSportFR/status/899216757973495808

"Man City to buy Messi, €300 million."
    Whoever wrote that should put the bottle down; it's making them talk gibberish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

it's also worth noting that a large swathe of stories originating in Barcelona are just musings published to criticise the club's board. Few, if any, actually carry reliable substance.

Turtwig wrote: »
    it's also worth noting that a large swathe of stories originating in Barcelona are just musings published to criticise the club's board. Few, if any, actually carry reliable substance.
    I'm taking it with a bucket, never mind a pinch, of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

blueser wrote: »
    I'm tasking it with a bucket, never mind a pinch, of salt.

Tbf I do think its horsesh*t but then again I thought the same when rumours of Neymar leaving came up aswell. Barça are hilariously falling apart about and Arab money is going more bonkers than ever. Nothing would suprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Would love to see Messi in England

I had a dream he was a Liverpool fan and joined them . Needless to say I'd been drinking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Mansour didn't say City were going to make the biggest deal in history - fake quotes that spread on twitter caused the story. City won't be buying Messi - unfortunately.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/08/20/debunked-no-lionel-messi-is-not-joining-manchester-city-for-e300m-and-heres-why/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm surprised Barca haven't been linked with Aguero he would be a great replacement for Neymar.

Or do him and Messi have history.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf I do think its horsesh*t but then again I thought the same when rumours of Neymar leaving came up aswell. Barça are hilariously falling apart about and Arab money is going more bonkers than ever. Nothing would suprise me.
    It would amaze me. If he does move, and I don't totally rule THAT out (just not to us!), he'll go to either PSG, China or back home to Argentina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm surprised Barca haven't been linked with Aguero he would be a great replacement for Neymar.

Or do him and Messi have history.

I think Messi is Agueros kids godfather, they're good friends as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Messi and Aguero seem to get on well judging by pics from the national team. Aguero has never shown interest in returning to Spain, rumours about it appear every summer and he always states that he is happy in Manchester. He has said he wants to play for Independiente again though.

Similar with David Silva, he has said that he has no interest in playing for Barca or Real, his team is Las Palmas and he wants to play for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pjohnson wrote: »
    We'd finally learn if Messi can do it on a cold wet night in Stoke

Arsenal can't do it on a warm,dry day.:)

Talksport running with the story that City are prepared to pay the €300 million buyout for Messi.

Mushy wrote: »
    That is true;
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/like-father-like-son-benjamin-aguero-sergio-messi-maradona-argentina-wonderkid

Grandfather; Maradona
    Godfather: Messi
    Father: Aguero

No pressure then, kid!

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/899250450905616384
    Andres Iniesta 'considering his future' at Barcelona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Scare stories look like becoming a thing for Barcelona for the next 1O days or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's almost as if a lot of people have a desire to see Bartomeu ousted. I'm sure the the timing of today's stores about the club's 2 biggest remaining legends possibly being unsettled/uncertain is just a coincidence though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

The football world deserves to see Messi play elsewhere, not going to happen though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Iniesta considering his future?
    It'd want to be outside Europe imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's almost as if a lot of people have a desire to see Bartomeu ousted. I'm sure the the timing of today's stores about the club's 2 biggest remaining legends possibly being unsettled/uncertain is just a coincidence though.

Yeah Laporte made the statement that Messi will leave if Bartomeu continues on. Hence all the stories.

Iniesta is very much considering his future though. Irrc since last October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Former Blackburn Rovers striker Nikola Kalinić announced by A.C. Milan as their newest signing.
    €5million 1 season loan with an option to buy for another €20million.

I suppose he offers them backup and competition for Andrea Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Former Blackburn Rovers striker Nikola Kalinić announced by A.C. Milan as their newest signing.
    €5million 1 season loan with an option to buy for another €20million.

I suppose he offers them backup and competition for Andrea Silva.

The only other European club linked with Ibra was Milan so he's a shoe in for United now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

blueser wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    That is true;
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/like-father-like-son-benjamin-aguero-sergio-messi-maradona-argentina-wonderkid

Grandfather; Maradona
    Godfather: Messi
    Father: Aguero

No pressure then, kid!

Thats actually not true. It was a rumour put to aguero in an interview a couple of years ago and he said messi wasnt benjamins godfather. Its been an urban myth for a few years now.

Ballague saying Messi hasn't signed a new contract (current one expires next year) but definitely will.....

That's Messi leaving so.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/899379299547062278

"Arsenal must sell before they buy says Arsene Wenger, after admitting a 33-man squad is 'not manageable' "

Ox-Cham to Liverpool by the morning transfer rumour round up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/899399974349393920

Barca's transfer madness continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/899399974349393920

Barca's transfer madness continues

Already "announced" Coutinho Dembele and Seri, great summer for them........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Officer999

Guillem Balague now on Sky Sports saying Barcelona have dropped their interest in Coutinho and their transfer targets now are Seri, Dembele and....di Maria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Di Maria would be a good signing for them.Excellent player and I'm sure he would cost considerably less than Coutinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cervantes2

Samir Nasri to Antalyaspor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And there he joins up with Samuel Eto'o, Sandro, Djourou. A few ex-Premier league players there, they must be paying decent wages. Jeremy Menez also there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Chris Wood looks to be heading to Burnley for £15 million. Great business by Leeds, cant see him having much of an impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Chris Wood looks to be heading to Burnley for £15 million. Great business by Leeds, cant see him having much of an impact

Walters, Vokes, and Wood, Tony Pulis is only well jealous.

Kieran Gibbs told he can leave Arsenal.Galatasary interested. The Times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Lots leaving Arsenal, it seems, 2 more to Birminghan.
    https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/899574330509717509
    OFFICIAL: Blues are delighted to announce the signings of @Arsenal pair Carl Jenkinson and Cohen Bramall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

dont understand barca wanting to give psg back some money after being stung for neymar, if its true they want him

Talk of Sessegnon and Man Utd which better not be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

dont understand barca wanting to give psg back some money after being stung for neymar, if its true they want him

In fairness €40m is being touted for DiMaria. Imo that's a steal in this day and age

• Advertisement

Talk of Sessegnon and Man Utd which better not be true.

Probably the most bull**** story ever.. he's not for sale but if that changes this club is going to be interested.
    But, should Sessegnon become available, Spurs appear certain to face competition from United, whose manager Jose Mourinho is a keen admirer.

Sky sources also understand United would allow Sessegnon to continue his education at Fulham this season by loaning him back to the west London club.

However, Sky Sports News understands Fulham's stance on Sessegnon remains with owner Shahid Khan unprepared to sell the teenager even if a bid of £25m is received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think its safe to say that all the transfer signings from now on will be desperation in one form or another. Chris Wood for 15m setting a bar that will surely be smashed come deadline day

They ain't the only ones laughing at Barca :pac:

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/899657349333475329

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

astradave wrote: »
    In fairness €40m is being touted for DiMaria. Imo that's a steal in this day and age
    The man turns 30 early next year so it's hardly a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think its safe to say that all the transfer signings from now on will be desperation in one form or another. Chris Wood for 15m setting a bar that will surely be smashed come deadline day

If CW doesn't score at least 12 to 15 goals this season I'll eat my hat. I wouldn't call it desperation, he's been scouted by many a PL club over the last two seasons and has scored a few goals against all the recently promoted clubs as well as international level.

As we know even the smaller clubs are able to pay 15 million for players with the recent influx of money.

If a player can score those extra few goals to keep you up it is a worthy investment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If CW doesn't score at least 12 to 15 goals this season I'll eat my hat. I wouldn't call it desperation, he's been scouted by many a PL club over the last two seasons and has scored a few goals against all the recently promoted clubs as well as international level.

As we know even the smaller clubs are able to pay 15 million for players with the recent influx of money.

If a player can score those extra few goals to keep you up it is a worthy investment

What kind of hat is it?

Dempsey wrote: »

It's a risky one. He was exceptional last season, but he had been decidedly ordinary before then.

Surprised no club has moved to bring in Ross McCormack. Scored loads of goals for years at different clubs. Might be risky given his issues last season, but would have thought a loan with buy option would reduce that risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Do you count goals scored during training because Bet365 has him @3 to score over 9,5 PL goals.

Delle Alli reported to be changing agents and looking to a big money move next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

zerks wrote: »
    Delle Alli reported to be changing agents and looking to a big money move next seasonbig increase in wages next season.
    FYP

Advertisement