Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If it's true is it tapping up?

Seriously, some people try to make out anything that is said by anyone related to Barca has to be a bad thing some way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

eagle eye wrote: »
    If it's true is it tapping up?

Seriously, some people try to make out anything that is said by anyone related to Barca has to be a bad thing some way or another.

You can't seriously be ok with Pique saying that? It isn't tapping up, its just pathetically classless.

Barcelona have their own rules. Totally classless.

You can't seriously be ok with Pique saying that? It isn't tapping up, its just pathetically classless.
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Barcelona have their own rules. Totally classless.
    Unbelievable, you guys clearly hate Barcelona. If a guy believes what he is saying is true then it's not classless in any way.

I'm not a lover of Barcelona but I'm sick to death of all the haters on here. You need to step away from the game if you are spending your time hating things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

eagle eye wrote:
    If a guy believes what he is saying is true then it's not classless in any way.

Hitler believed the Jews were an inferior race. Was he not classless?

I'm not saying Barcelona = Hitler, but I'm not not saying it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

godwins-law1.png

Actually. You might be onto something

:eek:

426112.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ox-Cham to reject new contract according two Mirror and Mail just now.

Unbelievable, you guys clearly hate Barcelona. If a guy believes what he is saying is true then it's not classless in any way.

I'm not a lover of Barcelona but I'm sick to death of all the haters on here. You need to step away from the game if you are spending your time hating things.

I actually don't have previous hate for Barcelona. However, I find their public pursuit of players ridiculous.
    You can't blame people for disliking them tbh. Especially with their whole More than a club stuff. It's all a bit fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ox-Cham to reject new contract according two Mirror and Mail just now.

Someone tell his Dad to stop leaking That, we know already :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Quazzie wrote: »
    Actually. You might be onto something

:eek:

426112.jpg

Crikey, like everything else he says or does, he's even managed to get that back to front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This is a parody, right?

No a parody would be comparing Pique or Barcelona football club to Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

To be fair Pique has a history of this but i woulf question the context of the quote nefore lambasting the barca scum further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jesus I thought the Pogba debates were a blast from summers past, now its fcuking HITLER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I actually don't have previous hate for Barcelona. However, I find their public pursuit of players ridiculous.
    You can't blame people for disliking them tbh. Especially with their whole More than a club stuff. It's all a bit fake.

Pot, meet kettle.

I find that post hilarious considering it's from a liverpool fan. I'm sure Southampton supporters will feel the same about your club. Stevie g texting players to try get them signed up, Van Dijk, tapping up youth players.

It's not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot....

And then there's the "more than a club" piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pique was probably asked a question by a journalist and answered it. It's hardly the crime of the century. Hopefully Coutinho stays. If there's another "development" on the eve of the Arsenal game I'm stubborn enough to want Liverpool to bury him in the reserves for the next 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Gavlor wrote: »
    Pot, meet kettle.

I find that post hilarious considering it's from a liverpool fan. I'm sure Southampton supporters will feel the same about your club. Stevie g texting players to try get them signed up, Van Dijk, tapping up youth players.

Why? What unsettling did Liverpool do to Southampton on the eve of important games? I don't remember them encouraging the players to make public statements, down tools or waffle on about lfc dna either to force through cut price moves. In fact I remember quite the opposite and much derision from other fans laughing at Liverpool overspending on Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Clyne and Mane. Most of which haven't turned out to be world beaters after their move (bar Mannd arguably Lallana).

Why? What unsettling did Liverpool do to Southampton on the eve of important games? I don't remember them encouraging the players to make public statements, down tools or waffle on about lfc dna either to force through cut price moves. In fact I remember quite the opposite and much derision from other fans laughing at Liverpool overspending on Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Clyne and Mane. Most of which haven't turned out to be world beaters after their move (bar Mannd arguably Lallana).

Conveniently omitted vvd there. But sure don't allow that minor incident cast a shadow over your lovely story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Conveniently omitted vvd there. But sure don't allow that minor incident cast a shadow over your lovely story.

Did Liverpool ask him to down tools and continue to bid before any Southampton games? If so it's need to me.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did Liverpool ask him to down tools and continue to bid before any Southampton games? If so it's need to me.

They were guilty of tapping him up and had to issue a public apology. Is that news to you too??

Here's a little linky to the gerrard tapping up piece:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3233066/Steven-Gerrard-recounts-role-trying-convince-likes-Willian-Toni-Kroos-sign-Liverpool.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He has missed the first three Southampton games because of it and as he is training away from the team if he doesn't leave before the window is out it would probably be about October before he is back in the team(if at all).

So basically because of the tapping up and such VVD has/will Miss probably more games than Coutinho

They were guilty of tapping him up and had to issue a public apology. Is that news to you too??

Here's a little linky to the gerrard tapping up piece:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3233066/Steven-Gerrard-recounts-role-trying-convince-likes-Willian-Toni-Kroos-sign-Liverpool.html

No that's not news to me but that's not what the other poster said at all.

What Barca do is completely different to the majority of other teams. They bid before important games to distract the team, they get their players to mention 'Barca DNA' etc in interviews, they get the players to cause disruption in training, ask them to not train/exclude themselves, they book press conferences when nothing is agreed, they say deals are imminent when nothing has progressed, they say the current club is treating their target like a slave.

What other club does that?

No that's not news to me but that's not what the other poster said at all.

What Barca do is completely different to the majority of other teams. They bid before important games to distract the team, they get their players to mention 'Barca DNA' etc in interviews, they get the players to cause disruption in training, ask them to not train/exclude themselves, they book press conferences when nothing is agreed, they say deals are imminent when nothing has progressed, they say the current club is treating their target like a slave.

What other club does that?

Take off the rose tinted glasses

astradave wrote: »
    He has missed the first three Southampton games because of it and as he is training away from the team if he doesn't leave before the window is out it would probably be about October before he is back in the team(if at all).

So basically because of the tapping up and such VVD has/will Miss probably more games than Coutinho

He's only back from injury so probably would not have been involved anyway because he hadn't played in 6-7 months (could have been longer I think).

Don't forget VVD also met with Chelsea and City as well as Liverpool so it looks in his head he was leaving.

By the way I think he's a risky signing for anyone when coming back from his injury as you really don't know how it'll affect his game.

Take off the rose tinted glasses

I've no rose tinted glasses on whatsoever and I'm well capable of debating a point with no bias.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Are people assuming Barca asked Dembele to act the cunt?

He may well have done it of his own volition to force the move.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Are people assuming Barca asked Dembele to at the cunt?

It was mentioned. Apparently he wrecked his house when he heard BVB turned down the second last offer. Dembele did act out to get his move to BVB last year as well though.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Are people assuming Barca asked Dembele to at the cunt?

Apparently he agitated to a high level of badness when he was at Rennes and knew Dortmund were interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GLaDOS wrote:
    Are people assuming Barca asked Dembele to at the ****?

It's probably more noticeable when Coutinho basically is doing the same, who was always considered pretty professional tbh. I don't think anyone believes his back injury now & I'm surprised the club has protected him for as long as they have.
    If Barca want them they will get them but I don't expect either to be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lukaku has said pogba would drive him past old Trafford egging him to sign ffs,there all doing it..high n mighty bull crap would make ya sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's probably more noticeable when Coutinho basically is doing the same, who was always considered pretty professional tbh. I don't think anyone believes his back injury now & I'm surprised the club has protected him for as long as they have.
    If Barca want them they will get them but I don't expect either to be cheap.

The club want him to stay, they obviously dont wanna make the matter any worse and make it Pool vs Coutinho. It would only push him out quicker.

Liverpool have played the situation as best as possible considering the circumstances, they just need to keep hold their stance until after teh deadline and then smooth things over with Coutinho, who will surely want to play in a World Cup year.

• Lukaku has said pogba would drive him past old Trafford egging him to sign ffs,there all doing it..high n mighty bull crap would make ya sick

friend-football-friend.jpg

• Apparently Arsenal are in talks with VVD.....the meltdown if he went to Arsenal :P

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Apparently Arsenal are in talks with VVD.....the meltdown if he went to Arsenal :P
    They offered £50M+1 so they outbid Liverpool fair and square :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

the meltdown if Arsenal went to Southampton to ask for permission first.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Apparently Arsenal are in talks with VVD.....the meltdown if he went to Arsenal :P

I'd say he'd pick City over Arsenal. Would Arsenal pay £60-£70m for him though?

Pot, meet kettle.

Strawman. You completely missed my point. But you got a dig in and that's all the matters in the small bitter world of the internet! :)

Also, Liverpool got your knuckle rightly wrapped for the VVD transfer. Also the youths.

As for the texting thing. Pulling at straws there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Yeah it's almost jarring at times to read here. I think it's mainly due to that magical team embarrassed opponents with their domination more than any side in our generation. Think that forged a deep resentment in many rival fans minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'd say he'd pick City over Arsenal. Would Arsenal pay £60-£70m for him though?

I really don't see Wenger paying that amount on a centre back, no matter how good he is. If it was an attacking player, then he would.

• Advertisement

Do Arsenal need a CB? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Anyway someone is clearly busy on behalf of VVD - Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and there was even mention of Italy. Not sure which club - Juventus presumably, who have been linked with Howedes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What on earth is going on with Ox Chamberlain? A guy in and out of the team with no real defined position, still trying to establish himself, frequently injured yet turning down a massive contract in the hopes of joining a team where he'll play even less?

I really don't see Wenger paying that amount on a centre back, no matter how good he is. If it was an attacking player, then he would.

That probably sums up Wenger quite well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

JPA wrote: »
    What on earth is going on with Ox Chamberlain? A guy in and out of the team with no real defined position, still trying to establish himself, frequently injured yet turning down a massive contract in the hopes of joining a team where he'll play even less?

He seems to play everywhere. I think if he moves clubs, and plays in one position, he'll be a good signing.

It's like Darmian at United. I believe he's a good RB, but being split between RB/LB/Bench isn't helping him settle in his position.

Ox-Cham. needs a move. I think he has said in the past that he wants to be a midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

MagicIRL wrote: »
    He seems to play everywhere. I think if he moves clubs, and plays in one position, he'll be a good signing.

It's like Darmian at United. I believe he's a good RB, but being split between RB/LB/Bench isn't helping him settle in his position.

Ox-Cham. needs a move. I think he has said in the past that he wants to be a midfielder?

If he was good enough to play centre midfield he'd have clocked up 100 appearances there, but he hasn't and he's hardly going to achieve that at Chelsea.

JPA wrote: »
    If he was good enough to play centre midfield he'd have clocked up 100 appearances there, but he hasn't and he's hardly going to achieve that at Chelsea.

Maybe. But I think he's so adaptable across a few positions - out wide and all sorts - that he's often shoe-horned out there when the team is lacking. Not because he's particularly bad at CM, but because the squad lacks options in those other positions. A bit like Blind at United. He was a DM in Netherlands, CB and LB for United. And he's arguably ****e at the back, but was midfielder of the year in Holland.

I would've thought a mid-table Premier League move would suit him. Southampton, Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford, Everton even. Plenty of places he could ply his trade.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would've thought a mid-table Premier League move would suit him. Southampton, Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford, Everton even. Plenty of places he could ply his trade.

Would anyone of them match his wages demands though. Also there might be certain amount of (ill judged)pride at play - signing for Watford/Stoke would signal him becoming an irrelevance in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

West Brom sign Oliver Burke from RB Leipzig for £15m.

Would anyone of them match his wages demands though. Also there might be certain amount of (ill judged)pride at play - signing for Watford/Stoke would signal him becoming an irrelevance in the game.

Nah, I'd say coming from Arsenal he's demanding some huge wage that doesn't come close to how he's performed.

He'll find his level I'm sure - he'll just need to cop on and realise he's Alex Oxlande-Chamberlin and not Neymar Jr :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

West Ham close to signing William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon for about £35m.

• Advertisement
Advertisement