Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/WBA/status/900991599794151428

WBA sign Oliver Burke.

"Red Bull gives you wingers".:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lukaku has said pogba would drive him past old Trafford egging him to sign ffs,there all doing it..high n mighty bull crap would make ya sick

I do think that's a little bit different as they are best mates..

It's different when the President (the real one, not Pique) talks openly about a player that he probably has never met.

It's also different when a manager meets up with a player to discuss a move as he is actively involved in the transfer.

Now that's not to say that all managers don't do it.. they just are not caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Strawman. You completely missed my point. But you got a dig in and that's all the matters in the small bitter world of the internet! :)

Also, Liverpool got your knuckle rightly wrapped for the VVD transfer. Also the youths.

As for the texting thing. Pulling at straws there..

Point being you were taking the high moral ground slagging Barca off when the club that you support are equally as bad.

And it's nice to be bitter, no point coasting through life all happy!

Gavlor wrote: »
    Point being you were taking the high moral ground slagging Barca off when the club that you support are equally as bad.

And it's nice to be bitter, no point coasting through life all happy!

No moral high ground. It ain't just Liverpool fans that dislike Barcelonas antics. They are disliked accoss the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WBA/status/900991599794151428

WBA sign Oliver Burke.

"Red Bull gives you wingers".:)

Just not CMs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Yeah it's almost jarring at times to read here. I think it's mainly due to that magical team embarrassed opponents with their domination more than any side in our generation. Think that forged a deep resentment in many rival fans minds.

And now we're enjoying that team's demise. The circle of sporting life. It would be wrong for the schadenfreude not to equal the wankery that accompanied #guardiolaball. Everyone gets got in the end.

Gavlor, thanks for reminding me Everton fans are a thing around here. I'd honestly forget about ye one end of the year to the other, except when ye are massively overpaying for players. icon14.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And now we're enjoying that team's demise. The circle of sporting life. It would be wrong for the schadenfreude not to equal the wankery that accompanied #guardiolaball. Everyone gets got in the end.

Demise is a bit strong, 3 points second to a genuinely fantastic Real side last season and they still made the last 8 of Europe's elite competition for the countless year in a row. No longer the clear best but still among the best. If Barca are in demise, English football must be close to death on a similar hyperbolic scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Gavlor, thanks for reminding me Everton fans are a thing around here. I'd honestly forget about ye one end of the year to the other, except when ye are massively overpaying for players. icon14.png

Of course you don't have time to think about Everton, you're too busy winning the league every November. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

No moral high ground. It ain't just Liverpool fans that dislike Barcelonas antics. They are disliked accoss the board.

As a Chelsea fan I still feel cheated out of a second crack at United in a CL final, the antics at Stamford Bridge that night left a really sour taste in every Chelsea fans mouth. And it should have left a foul taste in every football fans mouth.
    There was bad blood between Chelsea and Barca before that of course harking back to Jose days but it is fair to say I have detested Barca ever since.

Arsenal fans may remember the van Persie sending off Inter fans may remember the water sprinklers after a semi defeat.

It is fair to say I have never been mistaken for a Liverpool supporter but I do detest Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep can't stand Barca either they robbed us of our only chance of winning a european cup , and the Van Persie sending off when they were on the ropes wasn't great either

Don't be so harsh on them. They're only small.

That's some profit Dortmund will make on Dembele.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Demise is a bit strong, 3 points second to a genuinely fantastic Real side last season and they still made the last 8 of Europe's elite competition for the countless year in a row. No longer the clear best but still among the best. If Barca are in demise, English football must be close to death on a similar hyperbolic scale.

They're trending downwards is the point. The post Messi era draws close (and may be expedited - Neymar transfer shows their assets are in play for the Middle Eastern wall of money) and the remaining core of that great team has moved on or are drawing to the close of their elite careers. The pipeline of talent has dried up and the club has no special immunity from administrative mistakes. For the first time in a long time, this summer is demonstrating that the club can have its nose bloodied in the transfer window too.

And all of this is utterly delicious and wonderful to those of us in the hating community. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's some profit Dortmund will make on Dembele.

That's some profit Rennes have made again! 12m the first time and 20m the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That's some profit Rennes have made again! 12m the first time and 20m the second.

Has it been confirmed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

astradave wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed?

Not until Dortmund announce it top the German stock market, but they did confirm today that it's in motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

astradave wrote: »
    I do think that's a little bit different as they are best mates..

t

Griezmann won't like to hear that : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Dortmund just informed club members and shareholders....Dembeles deal is €105 million up from and a further €40 million performance related.

Some profit even when they pay the sell on fee to his previous club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm not really versed in transfer rules so can somebody tell me if PSG could swoop in and activate the release clause before the end of the window?

A part of me kind of wants them to try. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

is dembele that good lads i havent seen much of him or is he all potential there buying

Turtwig wrote: »
    I'm not really versed in transfer rules so can somebody tell if PSG could swoop in and activate the release clause before the end of the window?

A part of me kind of wants them to try. :o

PSG dont sign players until their owners privately sponsor the players...then they in turn buy out their contracts. Its the loophole they are using to get around FFP.

But yes they could buy Couts, Dembele...or any other player for that matter by meeting the release clause and players demands.

sky88 wrote: »
    is dembele that good lads i havent seen much of him or is he all potential there buying

Watched him last season at Dortmund and the lad blows hot and cold. He is a fantastic player when he wants to be but very childish. If it gets too hard or he isnt having a good game he sits down with cramp...or just stops playing to get taken off.

Seems when Tuchel left Dortmund his mind was made up to go too as he didnt fancy impressing the new trainer. Bit of a Diva...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

PSG dont sign players until their owners privately sponsor the players...then they in turn buy out their contracts. Its the loophole they are using to get around FFP.

But yes they could buy Couts, Dembele...or any other player for that matter by meeting the release clause and players demands.

This isnt correct
    Coutinho doesnt have a release clause
    Why do you think they want to sign Mbappe on loan before paying the fee next year because Neymar affects ffp
    A lot of holes there buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

irishman86 wrote: »
    This isnt correct
    Why do you think they want to sign Mbappe on loan before paying the fee next year because Neymar affects ffp

If Coutinho joins Barca he'd have a release clause. Spanish law dictates it.

This isnt correct

Doesnt need one if he has a good legal team. Article 17 allows a player under 28 to buy out his contract after 3 years/over 28 after 2 years with a club. A good legal team will argue that his first contract should be included as the employer is the same...just a pay rise and new conditions in the new deal.

They will pay for Mbappe next year to get around FFA as he is on the move within France making it a little complicated. They will also offset part of the price by offering players on loan and at the same time generate cash within the club to satisfy rules within France and to keep FIFA off their backs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They're trending downwards is the point. The post Messi era draws close (and may be expedited - Neymar transfer shows their assets are in play for the Middle Eastern wall of money) and the remaining core of that great team has moved on or are drawing to the close of their elite careers. The pipeline of talent has dried up and the club has no special immunity from administrative mistakes. For the first time in a long time, this summer is demonstrating that the club can have its nose bloodied in the transfer window too.

And all of this is utterly delicious and wonderful to those of us in the hating community. :)

Barcelona have lost one player...and look to be getting one of their targets to replace him.

Is it time already for the annual Barca era is over spiel...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Doesnt need one if he has a good legal team. Article 17 allows a player under 28 to buy out his contract after 3 years/over 28 after 2 years with a club. A good legal team will argue that his first contract should be included as the employer is the same...just a pay rise and new conditions in the new deal.

It didnt work for Gabriel Heinze, why would it would it work for him?

Besides, Phil only signed his contact recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This isnt correct

As his current 5 year deal only kicked in two months ago he'll need more than a lawyer.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It didnt work for Gabriel Heinze, why would it would it work for him?

Besides, Phil only signed his contact recently.

Maybe because EU law has changed a little over the last few years meaning lawyers have better grounds to argue contracts with the same employers can be seen as concurrent with conditional changes only. Add to that that poor Phil is mentally strained not knowing what his status will be come Brexit and you might just find he has a better chance of getting away with it, taking his family into a secure living and working enviroment.

Top non British managers in the UK are doing it under the Safety and Health at Work Directive 1989 claiming mental health issues due to insecurity and an unknown working future. Walking away from contracts without penalty payments if bonuses or alternative employment is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Not true.

The Webster ruling yes allows you to break your contract but only if you are 3 years(for players under 28. 2 years if over 28) into the contract you intend to break.

It also needs the player to give at least 15 days notice before the last game of the season for his club. This means if he gave notice now he could leave next summer by buying out his contract...... but not in coutinho's case since he signed a contract in January. Any case for just "improving terms of an old contract" would he negated by the fact he was of sound body and mind and agreed to stay with the club for 5 more years in return for a large increase in wage.

Then there is his cost. He must pay a termination fee that is worked out based on his current wage, current transfer market interest and the original fee paid. While the 8 million for him won't do much for Liverpool, the 120 million rejected bid should.

Then of course he can't break his contract for at least 3 years meaning his wage for the remaining 2 years would be also paid to Liverpool.

It ain't an easy thing to break a contract unless the club doesn't really mind. I'm getting the impression that Liverpool do mind and they can afford a lot more fancy lawyers than coutinho....

Maybe because EU law has changed a little over the last few years meaning lawyers have better grounds to argue contracts with the same employers can be seen as concurrent with conditional changes only. Add to that that poor Phil is mentally strained not knowing what his status will be come Brexit and you might just find he has a better chance of getting away with it, taking his family into a secure living and working enviroment.

Yea I'm sure the 52 million pound contract is leaving them penny pinching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,307 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Watched him last season at Dortmund and the lad blows hot and cold. He is a fantastic player when he wants to be but very childish. If it gets too hard or he isnt having a good game he sits down with cramp...or just stops playing to get taken off.

Seems when Tuchel left Dortmund his mind was made up to go too as he didnt fancy impressing the new trainer. Bit of a Diva...

Exactly the type of player that a club should not spend 105m on if that's his temperament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Haha Ronaldo was a temperamental brat in his early days, think he did alright in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Exactly the type of player that a club should not spend 105m on if that's his temperament.

It's almost exactly the sort of player, age and price they got Neymar for at the time

Turtwig wrote: »
    If Coutinho joins Barca he'd have a release clause. Spanish law dictates it.

That is not relevant to him now, i dont see him being one soon either

They will pay for Mbappe next year to get around FFA as he is on the move within France making it a little complicated. They will also offset part of the price by offering players on loan and at the same time generate cash within the club to satisfy rules within France and to keep FIFA off their backs.

A good legal team would lose
    They will not offset loaning players to finance Mbappe thats just a ridiculous assumption
    Honestly i think your reading from a web page and passing it off as your knowledge as the Neymar deal will be included in FFP just like every other La Liga deal before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PSG can buy as many players as they want this season and spend a billion if they want they won't get hit with FFP till next season's accounts are taken from what I have heard and sure if it's a fine they will take that and pay it off.

What it should be is a 3 season ban from the CL.

• Advertisement

PSG can buy as many players as they want this season and spend a billion if they want they won't get hit with FFP till next season's accounts are taken from what I have heard and sure if it's a fine they will take that and pay it off.

What it should be is a 3 season ban from the CL.

I dont think it should be a ban, Neymars fee is over the length of the contract for FFP
    I dont even see them struggling with FFP

People kicking a fuss over Neymar but they have spent 5 million total less than City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Roundup from the guardian -

Koeman fluttering his eyes at Diego Costa on loan from Chelsea.
    Chelsea in for Barkley & the Ox.
    Spurs to sign Aurier from PSG.
    Alberto Aquilani (remember him??) gone to Las Palmas on a free.
    Robert Snodgrass gone on loan to Villa, 7 months after his 11m move to West Ham.

People kicking a fuss over Neymar but they have spent 5 million total less than City

and only about 30 more than United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Bein Sports were talking about Aurier going to Juve during the PSG St. Etienne match.

Bein Sports were talking about Aurier going to Juve during the PSG St. Etienne match.

Speaking of Juve, I'm moving to the Middle East in the next two weeks to work as a coach in their soccer school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He played very well when called upon again tonight. It'll be Trapp out the door if anybody I'd imagine.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Speaking of Juve, I'm moving to the Middle East in the next two weeks to work as a coach in their soccer school.
    Very best of luck, I hope it goes very well to you.

retalivity wrote: »
    Roundup from the guardian -

Koeman fluttering his eyes at Diego Costa on loan from Chelsea.
    Chelsea in for Barkley & the Ox.
    Spurs to sign Aurier from PSG.
    Alberto Aquilani (remember him??) gone to Las Palmas on a free.
    Robert Snodgrass gone on loan to Villa, 7 months after his 11m move to West Ham.
    This one is very believable due to squad depth.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Very best of luck, I hope it goes very well to you.

Thank you! 48 hour working week. Will be a big shock to the system from the part time work I was doing. I'll probably get a bit quieter around here but I'll still be peaking in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/901167994302279681

"PSG complete deals for Kylian Mbappe + Fabinho taking summer spend to record level."

• Advertisement
Advertisement