Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer transfer thread 17/18 season (NEYMAR TALK IN OTHER THREAD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Speaking of Juve, I'm moving to the Middle East in the next two weeks to work as a coach in their soccer school.

Unreal! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Speaking of Juve, I'm moving to the Middle East in the next two weeks to work as a coach in their soccer school.

Enjoy that tax free money!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Scottish Daily Record breaking the Mbappe & Fabinho deal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Thought it was Duncan Castles breaking that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/PSG_inside/status/901184739226378240

First tweet means "don't you have a signing or 2 to announce then?"

Thank you! 48 hour working week. Will be a big shock to the system from the part time work I was doing. I'll probably get a bit quieter around here but I'll still be peaking in!

48 hours talking about and coaching football though.. all for tax free earnings :D Marsy living the dream of half the soccer forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

astradave wrote: »
    48 hours talking about and coaching football though.. all for tax free earnings :D Marsy living the dream of half the soccer forum

The best part is I didn't even apply for it! The money isn't massive but it's all disposable. I literally just have to turn up and do the work well.

Anyway, this is well off topic. Maybe in a years time I'll do a thread in the AMA forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The best part is I didn't even apply for it! The money isn't massive but it's all disposable. I literally just have to turn up and do the work well.

Anyway, this is well off topic. Maybe in a years time I'll do a thread in the AMA forum.

Not off topic at all, you've been transferred to the Middle East. More on topic than a lot of the stuff in here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/901196422942523398

"Liverpool consider letting Origi leave before the deadline. Tottenham like him"

https://twitter.com/FabioPendolino/status/901195123299672064

Inter want Mustafi,a loan preferable but Arsenal want option to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote:
    "Liverpool consider letting Origi leave before the deadline. Tottenham like him"

If him & Sakho (or as my autocorrect calls him Rakhi :confused: ) go Liverpool may have made a profit this summer which is great going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/901196422942523398

https://twitter.com/FabioPendolino/status/901195123299672064

Inter want Mustafi,a loan preferable but Arsenal want option to buy.

The Origi one is meant to be on loan I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Origi is a loan if it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's no indication that the Origi move is a loan, I speculated that it was the best option in the Liverpool thread but no article I've read has made it clear what sort of move it would be. (Anderlecht the only club linked with taking him on loan, Marseille or Spurs would probably buy)

I'd hope it's a loan of course but if by some miracle a great striker arrives, I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him sold for a big offer.

martyos121 wrote: »
    There's no indication that the Origi move is a loan, I speculated that it was the best option in the Liverpool thread but no article I've read has made it clear what sort of move it would be. (Anderlecht the only club linked with taking him on loan, Marseille or Spurs would probably buy)

I'd hope it's a loan of course but if by some miracle a great striker arrives, I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him sold for a big offer.

Take a look at @HLNinEngeland's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/901195211505893377?s=09

Apparently this guy is very good at reporting news for Belgium players and he's saying loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

zerks wrote:
    A big push by Coutinho and Barca to get a deal done. €150 million.

You haven't got news of Liverpool buying anyone by chance?
    Or maybe John Henry photoshoped over Scrooge McDuck jumping into a pit of gold that I may have to use at a later time :p

ERG89 wrote: »
    You haven't got news of Liverpool buying anyone by chance?
    Or maybe John Henry photoshoped over Scrooge McDuck jumping into a pit of gold that I may have to use at a later time :p

Maybe FSG stands for Forget Signings Guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Take a look at @HLNinEngeland's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/901195211505893377?s=09

Apparently this guy is very good at reporting news for Belgium players and he's saying loan.

Good news that a sale doesn't look to be on the horizon then. It's a bit of a shame nobody saw Solanke overtaking him in the pecking order earlier in the summer (not that anyone realistically could have tbf). Huddersfield could've taken him on loan for the season because Klopp would trust his mate Wagner to continue his development, but there's no chance of that now with Mounie looking like one of the best signings of the summer.

As I said in the other thread, Newcastle makes sense on the face of it but other good options in my opinion would be Leverkusen (they press high up the pitch with their forwards) or Leipzig (they do also to an extent, and it could sweeten the deal to bring Keita over at some point). I'd rather see him stay at the club altogether if they can't find the right club to loan him to, he's at a critical stage of his development and playing in a system that's too different to ours isn't the best thing for his future at Liverpool.

Corholio wrote: »
    Not off topic at all, you've been transferred to the Middle East. More on topic than a lot of the stuff in here :P

We'll have to agree terms with some middle eastern forum. Swap deal for three of their finest hamsters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

martyos121 wrote: »

Is Klopp gonna start him 1 in 4? Imo no, but he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Coutinho has come off pretty pathetic in all of this at this stage

The leaked agent pressuring him story was ridiculous

It's a weird one, with every story being third hand information, so he has plausible deniability on each and every part of it. And second rate journo's have license to print whatever they wish as a result. Loads of the stories contradict each other too... like the supposed softening of his position yesterday, and that he was having talks with Klopp to smooth his return, and then this thing today about his 'worsening mood', and the additional request to leave tomorrow.

None of any of this stuff matters unless it's direct, and public. Like Sterling's interview. Anything short of that sort of bridge burning public move, and I think keeping him is the right thing to do. And anything short of a public direct statement from him, indicates to me that he's happy enough to stay if that's what happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Mr.H wrote: »
    and only about 30 more than United

Exactly buddy, it seems fine if English teams do it but god forbid a team from outside the premier league or Barca/Real splash the cash

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Does this mean theres a opening for mod of the Tipp thread, cause like i'm available for 105 + 40 mill in add ons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kia Joorabchian behind it all no doubt.

If Coutinho does end up staying he'll have some amount of fences to mend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This isn't news, he has handed in a transfer request, so they know already he wants to leave

This summer the amount of non news has got worse and worse

Quick round up (weed and grass killer)

VVD - according to Saints insider tom28 wants out, agent wants Chelsea move, player wants Liverpool (no mention of EL side Arsenal)

Ox-Cham - will be sold Chelsea interested but Liverpool now making big play according to John Cross who should know

Howedes - Gazzetta dello Sport says Juventus move off due to tightwad attitude by Italians, Schalke invite Liverpool to make an offer

Coutinho - still at Liverpool

(edit update - VVD has since sacked his agent)

(edit update - VVD has NOT sacked his agent - what the feck is going on there?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Dortmund are planning to replace Dembele with Dolberg from Ajax... Fee of between 40 and 50 mil rumored.

https://twitter.com/DanielRiolo/status/901753133482860544

"Draxler on his way to England, Di Maria must find new club"

If that's true wonder where he is off to?

Draxler to Arsenal then Sanchez to City maybe

Alas that makes much sense so sounds plausible- where does Aguero go though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Alas that makes much sense so sounds plausible- where does Aguero go though.....

Up front,striker dont you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/901771032238936064

Slaven Bilic update: West Ham co-owner David Sullivan just been driven into club training ground. Very unusual for him to be there on Sunday

First premier league managerial casualty of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This is weird.

Mbappe going to PSG on loan then sign for them next week season.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    This is weird.

Mbappe going to PSG on loan then sign for them next week season.

It's their way of getting around FFP.

Obvious ploy when you think about it - Liverpool should have done the same with Keita for different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

We all knew that great Monaco team were going to get picked apart after their exploits last season but I still find it very sad.

In related news Stevan Jovetic is said to be on his way to Monaco. He's at the stadium tonight to watch their game with Marseille.

According to L'Equipe Liverpool have bid €80m for Lemar. Bit of a weird one as I wouldn't think that position would be anywhere near important for Pool to strenghten

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/902089110193623040

According to L'Equipe Liverpool have bid €80m for Lemar. Bit of a weird one as I wouldn't think that position would be anywhere near important for Pool to strenghten

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/902089110193623040

Could be trying to sign him now to integrate into the team for when Couthino leaves next summer.

No harm having to pick between Lemar, Mane and Salah for your two wingers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's their way of getting around FFP.
    ridiculous.

Could be trying to sign him now to integrate into the team for when Couthino leaves next summer.

No harm having to pick between Lemar, Mane and Salah for your two wingers either.

Don't think ye would bid 80m for a back up though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Add strength in dept to the wingers/forwards who are vital to the way Klopp plays, we fell of a cliff in terms of performances and creativity without Mane last season.

Don't think ye would bid 80m for a back up though

He won't be a back up. Plenty of games this year and Klopp could rotate one of Mane, Salah and Lemar to the bench each game to give them a bit of a rest.

I haven't seen much of Lemar bar a few times in the CL last year so I don't really know how good he is. I know he had quite a few assists last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

rob316 wrote: »
    Add strength in dept to the wingers/forwards who are vital to the way Klopp plays, we fell of a cliff in terms of performances and creativity without Mane last season.
    Yeah and that is why they bought Salah.

It's insane to be even considering spending this money on an attacking player when it's quite clear that a goalkeeper, centre half and DM are the positions that require attention.

• ridiculous.

In a way they can asses if he's a one season wonder.
    It's actually a smart move all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ridiculous.

FFP is ridiculous, I agree. Love to see PSG making a mockery of it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah and that is why they bought Salah.

It's insane to be even considering spending this money on an attacking player when it's quite clear that a goalkeeper, centre half and DM are the positions that require attention.

So it's ok to have two wingers to play two positions which we rely heavily on for a whole season without having another option to bring in to freshen things up?

That's madness. Why would United bother bringing Zlatan back when they have Lukaku then? Or why would City sign Danillo when they bought Walker?

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    So it's ok to have two wingers to play two positions which we rely heavily on for a whole season without having another option to bring in to freshen things up?

That's madness. Why would United bother bringing Zlatan back when they have Lukaku then? Or why would City sign Danillo when they bought Walker?

At least you can admit that it's not exactly the area of focus for any more transfers. Defense should be priority for Klopp.

He won't be a back up. Plenty of games this year and Klopp could rotate one of Mane, Salah and Lemar to the bench each game to give them a bit of a rest.

I haven't seen much of Lemar bar a few times in the CL last year so I don't really know how good he is. I know he had quite a few assists last year.

Ye spend 80m on a player you can be certain the pressure will be on Klopp to play him every game which means Salah and Mane will be rotated, that can lead to unhappy players.

It's a pretty weird one tbh especially with where ye are short and where the problem lies for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If Lemar is leaving Monaco this week - Man United should be matching any bid that is made for him.
    Same with Sanchez.

It doesn't look like United will make any further moves, but I feel there will be a few players sold this week that United should be in for.

• Advertisement

Just touching on this, I'm not sure at all, so just asking, who are the back ups at the moment?

Advertisement