Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about contract oversight

Options
  • 15-05-2017 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

I have a CID for 8 years or so

Principal told me today that my original CID was for 21hrs 50minutes. But ive done 22 hours most years.

He said it should have been "updated" to a 22 hour CID the first year I actually had 22 hours...but there was an office oversight and the form was never filled out.

Anyways, I'm a bit peeved as my pension contributions will have been less than they should have been over the last 8 years...and I've missed out on a nice little bit of money....

Just wondering has anyone encountered this before?

Is there anything I can do apart from put it down as a learning experience ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Get whatever form wasn't filled in backdated and also get a letter from the DES/etb for you to submit to revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Anyways, I'm a bit peeved as my pension contributions will have been less than they should have been over the last 8 years...and I've missed out on a nice little bit of money....

Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought all CIDs over 18 hours automatically get updated to 22?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kalimera

A separate form needs be to be completed and submitted to the DES with the CID form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Get whatever form wasn't filled in backdated and also get a letter from the DES/etb for you to submit to revenue.

I asked principal about backdating...he said it couldn't be done...

I've missed out on money because I've been paid for 21hrs 50 every week, instead of 22hours....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

I asked principal about backdating...he said it couldn't be done...

I've missed out on money because I've been paid for 21hrs 50 every week, instead of 22hours....

No harm in mentioning it to the union. There might be a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Are you sure you have? There has been no such thing as a contract between 18 and 22 hours for the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Are you sure you have? There has been no such thing as a contract between 18 and 22 hours for the last few years.

That's not true. You have to submit form H22 to have the 18+ hour CID upgraded to 22 hours. Not everyone does. Some don't want the increased hours (I know a few).

There has also been a few cases through my union branch where the ETB has put a 10 day limit for receipt of the completed form, having issued the documents in July. The form has to be signed by principal who was unavailable and ETB tried to weasel out of increasing the CID.

Advertisement