Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Windows 7 Updates since last December

Options
  • 15-05-2017 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

5 months seems a long time to me, I have it set to D/L updates and let me choose what to install.

Just worried about this latest cyber attack in case I've missed an important
    update.

I'm on a mobile conn so trying to update now, with this latest scare would probably take weeks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

You have missed the update to patch the vulnerability that wanna cry exploits. You can download it directly from Microsoft as a standalone update though, search for ms17-010

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Here it is:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx

It's still a 33mb download for the single patch though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'm having no joy trying to install this patch, from the link above there, and under WIN 7 it downloads as win6 etc for some reason.

Untitled_zpsekehmnbw.jpg
    When I double click to install it, it just keeps 'searching for updates on this computer'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That's right. Version number and product name are not quite aligned in windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Finally got sorted last night. Apparently because I got no update for a few months, windows updater gets locked into searching for updates.

Found the answer on google, so all up to speed now. cheers guys.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

Click Start, type Windows update in the search box, and then click Windows Update in the Programs list.
    In the left pane, click Change settings, select Never check for updates, and then select OK.
    Restart the computer.
    After the computer restarts, manually download and install the following two updates for the Windows Update service. Please download the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit version for your operating system. Click here to see how to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of Windows.

Advertisement