Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folio numbers

Options
  • 15-05-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

If you are given the folio numbers for deer permission can they be looked at against a map to get an idea of borders. Have permission from an inheritance of a man that lives away an abandoned farm not total sure of the boundaries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Check out landdirect.ie

You can search by address or by folio number

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Vizzy wrote: »
    Check out landdirect.ie

You can search by address or by folio number

Thanks lad I'll give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭paddatjie

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Thanks lad I'll give it a try
    2nd that for landdirect.ie. Login as guest, zoom in on map and click on field you know is in folio, will show you exactly map of folio. Great website.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

landdirect.ie will give you the folio numbers no problem.

I have the folio numbers from the land owner it's years since anyone lived/worked on the land so it's really only to see the boundaries in a map

• Advertisement

I have the folio numbers from the land owner it's years since anyone lived/worked on the land so it's really only to see the boundaries in a map how can they give out folio numbers for private property any chancer could look up folio numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    I have the folio numbers from the land owner it's years since anyone lived/worked on the land so it's really only to see the boundaries in a map how can they give out folio numbers for private property any chancer could look up folio numbers

that site will give you the boundaries aswell.

That is info is very much in the public domain. landdirect.ie will show you the folio number and an exact map of land it relates to showing you the boundaries. Nothing underhand about it and yes anybody can get that information. Keep in mind the local ranger will be contacting landowner to confirm they have given you permission and they will reconfirm every time you renew the license. This I'd say acts as a safeguard against chancers coming up with folio numbers for which they have no permission.

BTW no harm to check on landdirect.ie as well to make sure you have the folio numbers exactly right. They now check them at HQ before passing application to the ranger. I've been using the same permission for years and a couple of years ago application was sent back as same folio number was in fact slightly wrong, "i" instead of a "1" or something silly like that. Saved me pestering the farmer, telling him he'd given me the wrong folio number.

Hunter456 wrote: »
    that site will give you the boundaries aswell.

Brilliant I'll get onto tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just enter the folio number in the search part and it will 'fly' to the location for you, outlining the boundaries in,if recall properly, pink.

Advertisement