Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Spa/Massage Therapist moving to Canada

• 15-05-2017 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

I am a qualified Spa/Massage Therapist with many years experience working in the Irish industry. My qualifications are from various bodies including CIBTEC & ITEC, amongst others. I will be moving to Toronto in a few months with my boyfriend on a 2 year IEC Visa. We will hope to extend this stay as we are both looking at this for the long term.

I have some questions regarding my qualifications and experience. I have researched and I know that the occupation of a Massage Therapist (MT) is regulated in Ontario, and that it requires more in depth education. I may have to do some sort of bridging course in order to be recognised as a MT over there which will cost a lot of money and a lot of time. I am wondering has anyone had any experience in this profession, and how you went about applying your MT skills from Ireland into the Ontario industry. What way did you go about applying for work, etc. I know that one can not call themselves a MT unless you are properly certified, so should I present myself under a different title, etc.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nmurph

Hi all

I am a qualified Spa/Massage Therapist with many years experience working in the Irish industry. My qualifications are from various bodies including CIBTEC & ITEC, amongst others. I will be moving to Toronto in a few months with my boyfriend on a 2 year IEC Visa. We will hope to extend this stay as we are both looking at this for the long term.

I have some questions regarding my qualifications and experience. I have researched and I know that the occupation of a Massage Therapist (MT) is regulated in Ontario, and that it requires more in depth education. I may have to do some sort of bridging course in order to be recognised as a MT over there which will cost a lot of money and a lot of time. I am wondering has anyone had any experience in this profession, and how you went about applying your MT skills from Ireland into the Ontario industry. What way did you go about applying for work, etc. I know that one can not call themselves a MT unless you are properly certified, so should I present myself under a different title, etc.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I am moving to Vancouver and I have the same qualifications as you. Did you have to do extra exams in Canada to work as a MT

Advertisement