Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord Question.

• 15-05-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Just wondering if some one can help me! I rented out my house last september due to financial problems for one year fixed term lease, can i increase the rent this september and if so is it fixed amount? also are tenants entitled to stay for up to four years and can i ask them to leave if i give them notice before the lease is up?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

You need to do some serious research into tenancy rights based on those questions.

Your answers are:
    No, not until next year.
    Yes, they have security of tenure for 4 years.
    No, unless you use one of the allowable reasons to terminate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Newyorker1

You need to do some serious research into tenancy rights based on those questions.

Your answers are:
    No, not until next year.
    Yes, they have security of tenure for 4 years.
    No, unless you use one of the allowable reasons to terminate.

Thanks. Only asking! No need to get snappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm not getting snappy, it's seriously concerning that you rented out your property without an idea of tenancy rights.

Read this http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home

Advertisement