Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Campus Accommodation - How?

• 15-05-2017 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

Finishing First Year staying on campus in UCD. A few of us (girls) are now looking to rent a house together for second year.

Any advice? How/Where/When do we start to look?

When do suitable houses become available? I've been looking on daft.ie etc. but I don't think people there like students too much.

Also, are 12 month contracts the norm? Even if you're not going to be around for the summer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

cojobt wrote: »
    Hi,

Finishing First Year staying on campus in UCD. A few of us (girls) are now looking to rent a house together for second year.

Any advice? How/Where/When do we start to look?

When do suitable houses become available? I've been looking on daft.ie etc. but I don't think people there like students too much.

Also, are 12 month contracts the norm? Even if you're not going to be around for the summer?

Thanks!

If you're looking for accommodation it was recommended to me to use the ucd accommodation support page on facebook and the ucd accommodation pad. I know people that shared apartments rather than houses and got term leases rather than the whole year.

Sorry for going off topic here but can I ask you about the campus accommodation? I am going to UCD next year and I don't think there's too many others from the school going. Is it better to stay on-campus for first year? Would you recommend it to a first year? Which on-campus accommodation is best and for what reason? Thanks!

Advertisement