Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design company recommendation needed

Options
  • 15-05-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Would appreciate if any one here could recommend a design company they have used directly themselves ?

Have used Pure Fitout and the likes before, but for this particular project their cost would be excessive.

Project is a very smart, light and spacious food premises/business, design needs to be sharp, innovative and on trend.

Mods, I didn't post this in the architect type forums as its direct business owner experience I'm looking for, not industry insiders pointing me towards their friends etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I have worked in the design game a lot. It is really very personal and about relationships. Money is important, but those other things are too.

Here is my advice. Go to the people who you know, who you think are good and who you think will understand your requirement. Tell them clearly (and a little firmly) what the budget is, why you came to them, and what you want done. Tell them that you are concerned about cost and explain the model (i.e., why you want to spend a certain amount and no more). You might be surprised what they come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I have worked in the design game a lot. It is really very personal and about relationships. Money is important, but those other things are too.

Here is my advice. Go to the people who you know, who you think are good and who you think will understand your requirement. Tell them clearly (and a little firmly) what the budget is, why you came to them, and what you want done. Tell them that you are concerned about cost and explain the model (i.e., why you want to spend a certain amount and no more). You might be surprised what they come up with.

Interesting. Never thought they'd be open to something like that

Will definitely give that a go

Thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

No guarantees, and they might say they're out the door, but at the very least they should be able to give you some sort of recommendation or advice on how you might proceed. One other tip. Get an appointment in person and try to have some sort of prop with you (a mood board, or an engineers/estate agent's drawing or a spreadsheet or anything) to show where things are progressed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

No guarantees, and they might say they're out the door, but at the very least they should be able to give you some sort of recommendation or advice on how you might proceed. One other tip. Get an appointment in person and try to have some sort of prop with you (a mood board, or an engineers/estate agent's drawing or a spreadsheet or anything) to show where things are progressed to.

Will do, we do our own mood boards etc for new ventures in house anyway so that's not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I can make a recommendation, if you're still looking feel free to PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement