Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal / Grand Canal Leisure cycling

Options
  • 15-05-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Looking for like minded people interested in exploring Royal / Grand Canal by bike. As I am retired I find off road cycling safer and canals ideal mainly as they are level ground with relatively good pathways. I am based in Celbridge so quite near both canals but willing to travel to various starting points.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Looking for like minded people interested in exploring Royal / Grand Canal by bike. As I am retired I find off road cycling safer and canals ideal mainly as they are level ground with relatively good pathways. I am based in Celbridge so quite near both canals but willing to travel to various starting points.

I cycle the grand often enough though probably won't be back on it again before mid June. Very mellow spin but some muddy sections are better on wider tyres. I'll drop you a PM next time I'm planning on going that way.

Advertisement