Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Orville

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would entirely disagree also, Orville has its stronger and weaker episodes like any TV show but it's been really solid this season overall with some great character development. Discovery is a dumpster fire by comparison and difficult to sit through at times for me...at the moment I'm 3 episodes behind and finding it hard to find the motivation to watch, or care about any of the characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Blazer wrote: »
    Of course you’d say that with your previous blinkered comments on discovery.
    It's "blinkered" to suggest that this isn't a thread about Discovery? :rolleyes: Get a clue.
    It's "blinkered" to suggest that Orville and Discovery are not even the same genre show other than the fact that they're set in space? :rolleyes: Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It's "blinkered" to suggest that this isn't a thread about Discovery? :rolleyes: Get a clue.
    It's "blinkered" to suggest that Orville and Discovery are not even the same genre show other than the fact that they're set in space? :rolleyes: Sure.

Well when someone on the Discovery thread raves that the last two episodes was some of the finest ever and then claims that the Orville is crap basically for Season 2 it just shows that you’re complete biased against the Orville.
    The point is that the 2nd season of the Orville has been excellent while Discovery apart from the last episode which was excellent has been appalling.
    Hopefully the last episode writers are hired to write more and that both shows get renewed for a third season.

Well when someone on the Discovery thread raves that the last two episodes was some of the finest ever and then claims that the Orville is crap basically for Season 2 it just shows that you’re complete biased against the Orville.
    The point is that the 2nd season of the Orville has been excellent while Discovery apart from the last episode which was excellent has been appalling.
    Hopefully the last episode writers are hired to write more and that both shows get renewed for a third season.
    So this is or isn't a thread about Discovery? Simple question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Do you have to derail every thread arguing semantics , let it go Louie

• Advertisement

Well if you don’t like Orville stop watching it then :)

Do you have to derail every thread arguing semantics , let it go Louie
    Please show me one other thread derailed by me arguing semantics?

Also, please explain how it's semantics to point out that this thread is about a completely different show?

Well if you don’t like Orville stop watching it then :)
    So either you don't know whether this thread is or isn't about The Orville or you know exactly what you're doing...

Show me where I said I don't like The Orville?

Also - same to you about Discovery.

You're losing this and looking silly, unable to answer simple questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Move on, guys...

So moving on we’ve no episode this week? Rats :(

• Advertisement

That was a good retelling of "The Wounded" with small differences.

This show needs to move on from TNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was a good retelling of "The Wounded" with small differences.

This show needs to move on from TNG

But but but there are so many Star Trek stories to be re-interpreted
    Not sure what they thought would happen when they brought him on as writer/producer

(Still like it tho)

Like it too but season 1 was better

For some reason I read Braga's name in to cork_exile's comment - that's who I'm referring to in my second line...

Loved this weeks episode. As for Bortus and his mate I’ve gone from hating them to absolutely loving them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Loved this weeks episode. As for Bortus and his mate I’ve gone from hating them to absolutely loving them.

I thought it was ok nothing special more a filler episode and quite a cheap one too Id say. It was very funny in parts do and the parts with Bottas and Kriten were funny. I think this episode had a message about addiction too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watching it now and even before I saw his face, I recognised the voice...
    Tuvok!! (Tim Russ)
    :D

Good homage to "The Booby Trap" Brahms holodeck ep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thought it was a really good episode as well. The cigarette side-plot was great. Between that and the moustache, Bortus is probably my favourite character.....his deadpan delivery and complete lack of emotion make him the best comic relief character, impossible not to smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Love the show, so many great episodes. There is so much going on from tributes and likenesses to Star Trek to messages about human behaviour.
    My favourite episode still is from season 1 though, the one where they find a world governed by social media.
    I think the latest one was so funny.

• Advertisement

Thought it was a really good episode as well. The cigarette side-plot was great. Between that and the moustache, Bortus is probably my favourite character.....his deadpan delivery and complete lack of emotion make him the best comic relief character, impossible not to smile.

I didn't like him at the start but now he's my favourite character on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

has this gone from sky tv i was watching it but it hasnt been on in 4 weeks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

3 week break I think.

Three week break in episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Next one on the 11th in U.S.

ic7jtc.jpg

ok not so bad , thats a bit much of a break aint it . last one i saw was blood of patriots . think there was one after that but sky didnt show it

ok not so bad , thats a bit much of a break aint it . last one i saw was blood of patriots . think there was one after that but sky didnt show it

There was a 2 week break after that one as well so you've missed the time capsule episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I find these breaks in US schedules fairly crazy. Are they teasing their audience.

Actually Sky are showing that one (E11) next Thursday

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    There was a 2 week break after that one as well so you've missed the time capsule episode

balls :( , i dont think it was shown on fox its not available on catch up . last one available is blood of patriots . prob could download it but il just wait at this stage if its back next week

Advertisement