Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Orville

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Found it very long and very boring with nothing happening

As a series finale it would be just about ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can see Isaac's actors face in some of that episode.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I know Scott Grimes has been singing on several episodes but tonight was the first time I wondered if he sings for real (in real life or whatever). Well holy cow I didn't realise how good this guy is. I mean seriously good. Never knew Mularkey had so many talents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

I enjoyed most of the season. The first few episodes weren't brilliant but it evened out and struck a good balance with the drama and comedy, even though it seems to be on a largely episode to episode basis at this stage rather than scene to scene, and they often tease at comedy without actually committing to it.

Finale was good too, nice wind-down and plenty of laughs after the Domino episode and a decent send off if that's the end of the road for Orville.

Great show overall, will miss it. It's one I'll be adding to the "throw it on in the background" playlist, especially S1 and S2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

He regularly sings as the character of Steve on American Dad, he has history of it and some decent ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Re WW2, a lot of Nazis were recruited by the Western allies because they all hated the Soviets, so it wouldn't be that far fetched for the Kaylons to be reluctantly welcomed.

I was surprised to see Halston Sage show up in the final, and imagined that she left the series last season because she got a good part in Prodigal Son, which ended up getting cancelled after the second season. Perhaps they threw a few Dollars at her for a bit of work? 🙃

Post edited by ejmaztec on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I suspect some changes would have been made to that episode had any news on a renewal broke before airing. For one the title would have been changed, Alara's cameo would probably have been dropped out and there might have been a meatier story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Hands down season 3 towers above both of the preceding seasons, and it's a superb series of Trek-like television in its own right. The long episodes were one of its many highlights, along with the decision to tone down the wacky humour in favour of a more subtle and sporadic approach, and playing it straighter than what was usually done with McFarlane taking a back seat for much of it. Its only flaw remains with wooden acting from LaMarr and Talla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Respectfully, I disagree. You don't relaunch Brooklyn 99 as Law and Order SVU or Scrubs as ER (believe me Scrubs was as well able to do good drama as any other medical procedural) so trying to retone The Orville from a Lower Decks style to full on beyond DS9 meant losing the soul of why we related to the characters in the first place. The longer episodes got boring and honestly I don't know how they expect to sell this show into markets where streaming hasn't taken off as well. If a TV network has an hour slot to fill then they need a 45 minute programme in order to fill in 15 minutes of ads and generate revenue. Strange New Worlds would be the better purchase here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Let's help try to save The Orville,

I have signed it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement