Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to piano?

Options
  • 16-05-2017 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I packed in the piano as a 7 year old. I couldn't read music but could play by ear, and in the middle of Fur Elise my teacher stopped me and asked me to point out where I was on the page. I had no idea and got a hard whack with a pencil across the knuckles. I ran out of her living room, out the front door and a mile home. Never went near her or a piano again.
    Of late I've been watching Youtube tutorials with the sheet music and can follow quite clearly, and to my surprise actually read the music. I've taken out old sheet music by my old piano and it seems to be not as difficult as I used to find it.
    Any suggestions where/how I should find a good teacher? I'm in Clare and pushing it at 53:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Your story is identical to mine but I am older than you. How many musicians were stopped in their tracks because of teachers such as ours? Hope you find a good teacher. I might even return to it myself. Good luck.

Advertisement