Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Diet and Exercise plan

• 16-05-2017 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

So I'm 24yo female who wants to shed a few pounds and tone up. Currently weigh 12 stone and want to loose 1.5-2 stone. I'm size 12-14 now but want to be size 10-12.

As of last Monday week I joined a gym and started eating healthy. Made gym program and diet plan by myself so just looking for advice on whether it's good or bad or how it can be make better.

My exercise currently consists of 2 days of gym per week, 2 camogie sessions and a swim.

Gym Program
    Day 1:
    Warm up: Walk on treadmill, stretch and foam roll.
    2.5km jog on treadmill

Set 1: goblet squat 3x5
    Plank 3x30secs
    Curls 3x5

2km cycle

Set 2: Russian Twist 3x5 each side
    Dumbell row 3x5 each side
    Weighted lunges 3x5 each side

Day 2
    Warm up: Walk on treadmill, stretch and foam roll
    8km cycle

Set 1: Deadlift with hexbar 3x5
    Dumbell incline press 3x5
    Side Plank 3x30secs each side

1km jog on treadmill

Set 2: lat pull down 3x5
    Goblet squat 3x5
    Plank 3x1min

Current Diet
    Breakfast: working days- Flavhans quick oats apple, cinnamon and raisins
    Days off- eggs and bacon medallions
    Dinner: 1/2 vegetables, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs
    Lunch/Supper (depending on day): wrap/brown soda bread with filling (chicken salad, eggs, ham and cheese etc)
    Snack: nature Valley bar/ glenlisk yoghurt/ fruit
    Protein shake post workout

Averaging 1200-1500 calories intake per day. Have cut back on sauces and spreads and trying to cut back on carbs but I find it really difficult.

Any advice on the above? Anything I should add? Anything I should take away? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Averaging 1200-1500 calories intake per day. Have cut back on sauces and spreads and trying to cut back on carbs but I find it really difficult.

Any advice on the above? Anything I should add? Anything I should take away? Thanks

There's no need to cut back on carbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just make sure you're accurately tracking - preparing the food yourself, weighing portions etc.

I wouldn't necessarily reduce carbs - it's all about the overall really, but very easy to blow a lot of calories without thinking about it. From experience I'd watch the wraps and brown breads, as they can be more calorie dense than you think (you may be better off, in pure calorie terms, with white sliced pan). And the nature valley bars!

The only other thing I'd say is watch taking the calories "burned" from gym machines and eating them. Swimming, and those run and bike distances won't burn a whole lot if you're coming in anyway fit, but you could be treating them as active recovery from the camogie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

youve cut back on calories - of which some of them were carbs

program looks fine, id do things a little different but overall it needs to change every 4 weeks e.g. push ups, pull ups etc

Advertisement