Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 broken charge socket

Options
  • 16-05-2017 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Any ideas please how much I should pay to have an iPhone 6 charge socket repaired?

The phone started having difficulty in charging

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bluebottle102

Any ideas please how much I should pay to have an iPhone 6 charge socket repaired?

The phone started having difficulty in charging

Have you tried cleaning the inside socket? I had a similar problem and when I cleaned it could not believe the amount of dust that I removed.

Charges perfectly now

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gerry sat

35 euro, marlborough street, Phone shop, 30 mins, now working prefect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Have you tried cleaning the inside socket? I had a similar problem and when I cleaned it could not believe the amount of dust that I removed.

Charges perfectly now

Same here -

I fixed a phone like this - simply by using a wooden toothpick (dont use metal) and remove all the pocket lint until you can see the black plastic only inseide the usb socket.. No need replace.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I used a prong of a plastic fork, amazing how much fluff and dust and tiny bits of paper get stuck in there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

+1 to cleaning out all the lint and crap in your socket!

I was close to sending mine to get repaired too, and was happy to feel like a mug when I sorted it myself in 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Same thing with my 6 plus, thought the charging port and silent switch were about to go, all it was was lint built up in both, wooden toothpick cleared it all out, worked perfectly again

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Update, my son cleaned his with a can of compressed air and it's been 100% ever since :)

Advertisement