Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primer recommendations

Options
  • 16-05-2017 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for some primer recommendations. I have combination skin, some dry patches but a very oily nose. My makeup always separates around my nose and my glasses make it worse.

I've tried the smashbox photo finish, benefit porefessional and mac prep and prime skin visage, these were only okay. I did try and like the hourglass veil mineral and I did like it but at £55 for 30ml it is on the pricier side!

I'm currently using the UD de-stick primer on my nose and the ordinary silicone primer on the rest of my face. I tried the eyeshadow primer trick under the bridge of my glasses today so I'll see how that holds up.

Any recommendations for a great primer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

misslt wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for some primer recommendations. I have combination skin, some dry patches but a very oily nose. My makeup always separates around my nose and my glasses make it worse.

I've tried the smashbox photo finish, benefit porefessional and mac prep and prime skin visage, these were only okay. I did try and like the hourglass veil mineral and I did like it but at £55 for 30ml it is on the pricier side!

I'm currently using the UD de-stick primer on my nose and the ordinary silicone primer on the rest of my face. I tried the eyeshadow primer trick under the bridge of my glasses today so I'll see how that holds up.

Any recommendations for a great primer?
    My skin is about the same, especially with the glasses and my nose!! I've been using Nivea Men post shave balm in sensitive and literally swear by it!! I put powder anywhere the makeup would slide off, and then finish off with Mac fix +. So far this combo has been amazing for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 missvicky

I have the same problem, it just walks off my nose and i have also been using the nivea sensitive shave balm and its amazing, my make up would still be perfect when i come home in the evenings so maybe 10/11 hrs after application.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The NYX angle veil primer is meant to be a good dupe for the hour glass primer!

I'm using a Rimmelot fix and protect primer and a L'Oréal infallible primer at the moment, the first to add extra spf and help makeup last longer and the second to smooth out pores. Probably a bit of overkill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Nivea for men sensitive shave balm, its really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

I love the Estee lauder (matt) primer for a smooth matt look. I have also tried the pore less primer from benefit which I found too thick. For everyday Catrice have a good range !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oooh I have the nivea one!

Will give it a go tomorrow! thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I find the Rimmel one with the SPF25 great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Another vote for the men's Nivea here. :)
    I have only been using this a month or so after seeing it on YouTube. It's great!
    I don't use primer for every make up application but when I do I use this now.
    Had a wedding recently with a VERY early start so I used this at around 7am under makeup and it was still perfect by the end of the day, try it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

+1 for Nivea for men. Just to add that a little bit goes a long way. I find when you use too much it comes out really shiney in photos even when you've powdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AnnieAreYOUOk

The Soap and Glory one, one heck of a blot it's called i think. I've been using it for the past year and I find that it really helps.
    Also I use the matte finish setting spray by NYX that works 10/10 and makes your foundation all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement