Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOM TT 2017

• 16-05-2017 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Seen as we are only a matter of weeks away from it,I thought Id post this thread to get the juices flowing and get the interest in this years TT going here.:D

I think its gonna be between Michael Dunlop and Hutchy in the senior TT.
    I think both will step to the plate big time for this years event,and I can see a 134-135mph lap,if the weather is good.

I cant see Bruce Anstey turning up for this,maybe he will for the Senior or be on the podium in the 600s though but hes not been on great form on the superbike.
    But with Anstey,you never know what you are gonna get with him.

McGuinness is out with a badly broken leg,and Guy Martin wont be anywhere near the front either,the blade is absolutely nowhere at the moment.
    Honda can forget about the TT this year.

My heart says Dunlop on the new Gixer RR,but my head says its there for Hutchy to win in the senior TT.

Anyways......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Would love to see Guy win...but alas I doubt he'll even take part...
    Hutchy for the TT as I don't think the new suzuka has the legs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Was up at the NW200 and that Suzuki was serioulsly falling off the pace on the straights. Given the NW is more of a short circuit with all the added chicanes, it would have had it's best shot there. It won't have a hope in the TT.

Can see Micky D throwing a wobbler and changing back to the BMW, like he did with the Yamaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Another 5 in a row for Hutchy on the cards? I think its a strong possibilty as MD is still sorting the GSXR out. He won three last year and lost two to MD. With no McGuiness racing and an out of form Bruce Antstey its paving the way for a two man bout.

If Michael Dunlop can't get the Suzuki firing on top form then it could be Hutchy's biggest opportunity to start dominating the TT again like he last did in 2010.

After watching the NW200 SBK race 2 for the second time tonight I'm absolutely buzzing for it either way, I hope for a classic.

CaptainR wrote: »
    Another 5 in a row for Hutchy on the cards? I think its a strong possibilty as MD is still sorting the GSXR out. He won three last year and lost two to MD. With no McGuiness racing and an out of form Bruce Antstey its paving the way for a two man bout.

If Michael Dunlop can't get the Suzuki firing on top form then it could be Hutchy's biggest opportunity to start dominating the TT again like he last did in 2010.

After watching the NW200 SBK race 2 for the second time tonight I'm absolutely buzzing for it either way, I hope for a classic.

Hutchy will win another 5, that gixxer is miles off the pace. The Honda will only be driven by Martin who has looked really poor in every single race since his return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would really really love to see Martin win it, if all the stars aline on the day it could happen. He has the talent but might be a bit early for the Honda....shame about McPint he makes it interesting every time he races.

If Martin rode as quick as he talked he would win the TT at a canter ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Hutchy all the way, but you can never be sure :)

Sooooo excited, only a few days to go, wish I could be there.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hoping for nice weather and above all a safe fortnight for all concerned

Will the usual coverage be on ITV4? (satellite)

Disapppointing though that McG won't be there and that it doesn't appear that Guy Martin's bike will be competitive

Oddly enough the lightweight TT is probably the most entertaining to watch these days.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Oddly enough the lightweight TT is probably the most entertaining to watch these days.

Vtwins sound cat to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,355 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The mad thing about the lightweights is that they can now do 120MPH laps.

I remember when you needed an EXUP Yamaha for that!

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement