Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life of foriegner

Options
  • 16-05-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello!
    I'm Junho from Korea and came to working holiday in this city. I choose this city for the first time in ireland cuz very calm and there is no korean. Anyway, i have been in city for 1 month, i want to make a Irish friends but i have no idea where i could meet irish friends. If you guys know some social groups, recommend me please.

Comments

Try meetup.com to find groups with similar interests to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Try meetup.com to find groups with similar interests to you.

Definitely join clubs, sports you are interested in(football, archery, tennis, etc etc literally loads of choice), educational course,toastmasters if interested in improving your public speaking.check out if place where you work has a social club, some large workplaces do.
    The local road running club are very active and have loads of nights out.
    It's not easy to make friends as an adult pg633, takes a bit of work/time on your behalf, generally people are friendly, start with whomever you work with as ye will have something in common.best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Welcome to Ireland. Like others said, just try find some hobbies that you find interesting. I hope you enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

the comeragh mountaineering club is having an open day this sunday if you're feeling energetic:

http://comeraghclub.ie/index.htm

https://www.facebook.com/Comeragh-Mountaineering-Club-500901136610334/?ref=stream

please wear suitable clothing, info on website.

welcome to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DefinitelyMarc

• Advertisement
Advertisement