Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre connection constantly dropping out

Options
  • 16-05-2017 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

For the past few months the broadband connection on our efibre account has been dropping out regularly to the extent that in the past month we experience drop outs several times a day every day. This is affecting members of the household ability to work/study from home as well as running up phone bills, for example, as people end up WhatsApping using data without realising that they are no longer connected to the Wi-Fi. I need to work from home on Friday, and I am using a web based programme to undertake the work I am doing presently but I fear I will be underproductive due to the unreliability of the broadband connection. This is inexcusable from Eir, we should be able to rely on remaining connected to the broadband at this stage of infrastructure development. When we first returned to Eir as broadband customers in 2013 we had plenty of problems with the broadband connection and speed, we complained A LOT and eventually the situation appeared to be resolved. We still experienced drop outs of the connection occasionally but never to any concerning or alarming rate. Now it is at a concerning and alarming rate and we need something to be resolved ASAP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi raykee76,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 and they should be able to assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi raykee76,

I would recommend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 or freephone 1901 and they should be able to assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

This has been happening to us for over a week now. I have spent a fortune on mobile data without realising. Nothing but hassle since we got fibre broadband in.

Hi clairek6,

Have you contacted our technical support team to log this issue?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement