Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Scam

• 16-05-2017 11:18am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this bike on ebay, price is way way too low. Emailed the guy anyway and he comes back with a story about how he's in Poland etc etc - pay through ebay you are safe, need deposit by bank transfer if you want to to see it. How can you get this taken down?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

100% feedback though on 2000 transactions - doesn't scream scammer - granted that could have been for Mickey Mouse items and not a bike. Price is low but it could easily rise and get pulled before it reaches its reserve. 5 Days left on it. I'd say by then there would be a truer reflection of the price no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Could be an account takeover. But as per GBX, there is probably a reserve on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

listing a buy it now price but not having a bid or buy it now option on the ebay ad. That definitely is fishy to me.

also the buy it now price 3,900 pounds.. cheapest 2013 multistrada by about 3000 pounds.. and it has not even been broken in

the text in the ad is also an image.. which has someones email address to contact for more images

the picture is to get past ebay automatically finding that there's a email for off ebay trading and they will get anyone seriously interested looking for more pictures before they will go on a spiel about how they want to sell off ebay and pass the savings onto you by not paying the ebay fee.

could be a stolen ebay account which has good feedback too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

zubair wrote: »
    Could be an account takeover.

I'll second that, legitimate account more than likely hacked.

I'd report it to eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

:D Yeah ... deffo scam so .. was sold for £9950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Already reported. Together we can rid the internet of these fraudsters!

captain_planet.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its all its worth......:eek:

Advertisement