Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dungarvan

• 16-05-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Heading to a wedding in Dungarvan in a few weeks. Looking at bringing the camper for a night or 2. Any hints on where to park?
    I was looking at outside the GAA pitch Fraher Field (no big matches on that weekend)

Any advice from anybody from the area?

I know there is the campsites but they are a bit out of town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/52.0878717,-7.621307/52.0868112,-7.6165824/@52.0870311,-7.6197919,18z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

This should give you the route from St Mary's Church at the top of the town to the Look Out, where there are lots if parking bays. Take the longer route, turning right by the side of the church and then left.

Should there be no space there, there is another parking area across the harbour on the waterfront. Simply continue straight on along the quayside, turn right over the narrow bridge and right again at the lights and the spaces will be on your right.

Failing both of those, there should be opportunities off the ring road around the town, especially near the Fire Station.

I have not been out towards Fraher Field in a long time, so do not know what it is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

If the wedding is at the Park Hotel, they have a pretty large car park. If you let them know you are with the wedding, they would probably have no problem letting you park there for the night. You would probably have to drive around to the back of the hotel.
    The easiest way with a camper would be to drive past the first hotel entrance, there is another entrance immediately after to your left, this goes past the hotel swimming pool and all the way round the back.
    I would park as close to the hotel as possible (ie you don't want the camper to be seen easily from the bypass or front of the hotel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

If the wedding is at the Park Hotel, they have a pretty large car park. If you let them know you are with the wedding, they would probably have no problem letting you park there for the night. You would probably have to drive around to the back of the hotel.
    The easiest way with a camper would be to drive past the first hotel entrance, there is another entrance immediately after to your left, this goes past the hotel swimming pool and all the way round the back.
    I would park as close to the hotel as possible (ie you don't want the camper to be seen easily from the bypass or front of the hotel).

The wedding is actually at the Park which is why I was looking at Fraher field.
    thanks for all the suggestions. it dosent look like there should be a problem.

I may try the hotel car park route first..

I only thought of it because friends of ours did just that once, as there was a concert in the Park they were attending with children. They were able to park really just at the back of the big room where parties/concerts are held, spent the night and encountered no problem.
    There is a halting site just further on the road where the hotel is, so I wouldn't go parking the camper along the water, or in a very visible spot, but the hotel grounds, and especially at the back should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Just back from Dungarvan and did as suggested and parked the camper out the back of the hotel near the swimming pool. No problems and had a great wedding.

Not a part of the world I am terribly familiar with but a very friendly bunch of people throughout the area and in the hotel.

Glad it all went well. You'll have to come back for a holiday so :)
    Plenty to discover here, and it's called the sunny South East for a reason ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

the long "camper bays" at the look out in dungarvan are for bus parking.
    there are complaints around dungarvan about campers taking over the place in particular on a bank holiday week end & local car drivers are finding it nearly impossible to park.
    tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Glad it all went well. You'll have to come back for a holiday so :)
    Plenty to discover here, and it's called the sunny South East for a reason ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble Mountainsandh, but you're not in the Sunny South East. That title belongs to Wexford.You're in the South East tourism region.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Sorry to burst your bubble Mountainsandh, but you're not in the Sunny South East. That title belongs to Wexford.You're in the South East tourism region.:P

What a wonderful response to a 3 month old post :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    What a wonderful response to a 3 month old post :P

OOPS! I should have checked the date first but it doesn't alter the facts of Waterford trying to steal our slogan.:D:D

Advertisement