Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facial Seborrheic Dermatitis

Options
  • 16-05-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of this? any hints of treating naturally / how to hid under makeup/how to treat the normal skin? also does anyone know if a salon will give facials when it's active?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I had this about 8 years ago - came out of nowhere.

I pared back my routine to very simple products - i just washed and lightly moisturized. I would not get any facial while it is active. It ran its course with me and i did not use any topical steroids.

Below is a useful article - sorry i cant be of more help as my own case just resolved.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2923939/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty - and just to mention to anyone replying, we cannot give medical advice. If you're concerned you should visit your doctor or dermatologist.

On the salon facials, your best bet is to just phone and ask what their policy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Twee. wrote: »
    Moved to Beauty - and just to mention to anyone replying, we cannot give medical advice. If you're concerned you should visit your doctor or dermatologist.

On the salon facials, your best bet is to just phone and ask what their policy is.
    I can never get the posting rules right here, was it not posted in beauty(tho I would have prefered local advice) lol! when she's called salons they dont know what the condition is, ergo why she asked me to post here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can't imagine many salons will take a client while it's active. I certainly wouldn't

Advertisement