Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The single life

Options
  • 16-05-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Not sure if anyone from the galway city areas noticed but the rudeness from the east galway men is terrible I'm a single lady born & bred & from salthill but my god the rudeness from the men of east galway is schocking they really do have notions about themselves I think they think they are brad Pitt god help us single ladies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

In a West End town in a dead-end world...

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

and what of those out whest??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

fearruanua wrote: »

Can't be much better she's single sure

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Barnum

fearruanua wrote: »

Actually the people from the 'Out West' as you said are the best very friendly & good fun to be around & not a bit uptight or full of themselves like the East Galway men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I'm suspicious of anyone who chooses to live east of the river not to mind be full of themselves about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Barnum wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone from the galway city areas noticed but the rudeness from the east galway men is terrible I'm a single lady born & bred & from salthill but my god the rudeness from the men of east galway is shocking they really do have notions about themselves I think they think they are brad Pitt god help us single ladies

Despite having strong links with here and living lots of places, galway men of all types have failed to impress, especially the one's who should know better than to do the "galway bay/up the gaa" schick.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What other type of "Shtick" is there though?! :D

Now I have that feicin song in me head! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Das Kitty wrote: »
    In a West End town in a dead-end world...

Sorry to go off topic but I've spent my entire life thinking the words were "in a west end town in DENIM world". What is a denim world anyway!!

I don't trust anyone from east of the river - eyes too close together ;)

OP - have you tried Girl Crew - fun nights out for all the single (and some married) ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,262 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Westa the gates??
    ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry to go off topic but I've spent my entire life thinking the words were "in a west end town in DENIM world". What is a denim world anyway!!

OP - have you tried Girl Crew - fun nights out for all the single (and some married) ladies

No I'm new to this have never heard of Girl Crew but thank you I must check that out thank you

gammygils wrote: »
    Westa the gates??
    ;)

The west to the gates are just the perfect people in my eyes by far the best , gentle & fun party people ever

What other type of "Shtick" is there though?! :D

Now I have that feicin song in me head! :pac:
    Lol! plenty and the fact they didnt/couldnt see that, made me run for southern/eastern men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

No I'm new to this have never heard of Girl Crew but thank you I must check that out thank you

You can find them on that other site - it rhymes with Mace Look ;)
    *other groups are available

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ahh, are we taking East Galway as in Ballybane or as in Portunmna here? Bit of a difference 'n' all.

And OP, have you tried out many of them Taylor's Hill lads?

Ahh, are we taking East Galway as in Ballybane or as in Portunmna here? Bit of a difference 'n' all.

Portunmna east co.galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Dont worry the woman are just as bad. Some of them are right pretentious snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Portunmna east co.galway

Co Galway forum is that way >>, off with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

It's the ones with one eye in the middle of the forehead you want to worry about

Co Galway forum is that way >>, off with you.

Hit a nerve have I my apologies if your from east co.galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The OP mentioned city and its the city forum so I'm guessing it's east of the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

Is "tried out" the equivalent of a test drive, Mrs OBumble ? And how exactly would you go about this with a Taylor's Hill lad ?

Can you book?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I'd be from East Galway, and don't like GAA.

Where do I lie on this spectrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The OP mentioned city and its the city forum so I'm guessing it's east of the city!

Read up about five posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You couldn't really expect the poor east side individuals to understand our refined and sophisticated tastes on the west of the city though.

Could you give us some examples of the rudeness so the rest of us might avoid it?

@whimsical i am talking about East Co. Galway not the east side of the city the city east crew are perfect but the country east galway crew are the pits no manners whatsoever they really let themselves down, drink taken or no drink taken
    I've noticed on nights out when they come over to chat me up they have to:
    Insult me or one of my friends
    Make a rude remark
    They even laugh at their own jokes - which by the way are SOO NOT funny

They really are immature little boys; I hope the mammies are proud of the sons they have brought up to be

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Maybe the water on the east side of the Corrib is contaminated with bollix pox. Runoff from the farms.

@whimsical i am talking about East Co. Galway not the east side of the city the city east crew are perfect but the country east galway crew are the pits no manners whatsoever they really let themselves down, drink taken or no drink taken
    I've noticed on nights out when they come over to chat me up they have to:
    Insult me or one of my friends
    Make a rude remark
    They even laugh at their own jokes - which by the way are SOO NOT funny

They really are immature little boys; I hope the mammies are proud of the sons they have brought up to be
    SOME men use insulting a girl/woman as a line to make them feel bad about themselves so they will lower their standards and........, sticks in my craw but not confined to 'weigins. I tried to look it as helping me sort out the gobs*&ts from the ones worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Perhaps the OP attracts the wrong attention.
    Which is nobody's fault, I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    Perhaps the OP attracts the wrong attention.
    Which is nobody's fault, I'm sure.

If you suggest I wear cheap clothing like:
    mini skirts/dresses
    low cut tops
    anything revealing skin

NO IS THE ANSWER
    I have more respect for myself and my body than to go around wearing cheap trashy clothing

Advertisement