Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The single life

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hmmm I think the age of that guy might be a factor. The example you gave does sound like someone's strange dad was trying his hand there.

You need a toy boy!

Maybe you could go to a boards beers, I would love to hear your take on the gentlemen of Galway boards, see how their game compares!

I have some met some wanna be gal toyboys, most were too drunk to understand and the sober ones, had much the same thoughts to share. Thanks for the invite tho.
    As for my experience of the "gentleman of galway boards" they not good and I wouldn't have any respect if they were different out from behind the keyboard,

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Be funny to see the reaction if a man had made this thread and said similarly derogatory things about women.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Snap, I was just thinking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I love reading this thread every evening. Its made my week.

I'm still trying to figure out if the op is genuinely hot.

Or is she some average so and so, with an over inflated ego.

• Advertisement

Be funny to see the reaction if a man had made this thread and said similarly derogatory things about women.
    That's ok with me, for years "real" galway women didn't like me cause of my "wrong"(D7) accent. Now they dont like me cause Im not who they told me I would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bredabe wrote: »
    That's ok with me, for years "real" galway women didn't like me cause of my "wrong"(D7) accent. Now they dont like me cause Im not who they told me I would be.

There we go, the gender balance is evened up, equal opportunities for ALL those willing to take offense.

Now let the fun continue. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The trolling would probably succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

JohnCleary wrote: »
    What age are you?

Avoiding my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Barnum

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Avoiding my question?

are you asking me or someone else??

I'm 28 if you must know
    I'm 5'9 in height and I wear a dress size 6/8
    I've got long black hair brown eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

From this weekend, I found the quietest furthest seat I could to meet a colleague for a catch up.
    H=him, M=me ()=thinking
    H, can I sit here? M, sorry, these is only one chair and im holding it for my friends, oh you're sitting there anyway. (here we go)
    H, You're a fine looking woman, what is your name?
    M, My name is **********,(maybe I shouldn't have told him my family name)
    H, Really? you're a *****? back to mayo with you hahahaha.
    M, Yea, Look my friend will be here in a minute, could you leave or find him another seat to replace the one you took?
    H, hahaha, with an accent you must be from ^^^^^, they are posh and fiesty up there on nob hill, then he breaks I kid you not into galway bay. Bet you saw a lot of that on your walks home from %%%%% school, you were a fine looking girl then too.
    M, Yea well, as I said my friend will be here soon....
    H, Ah yea, so do you play gaa yourself, with it being in your blood and all!
    (ok silence and subtlety doesn't work, say yes and endless chats about games i dont know about, say no and he'll tell you about those games)

And so on, while this is not typical of every 'weigen Ive met its 99.999% of them.

Interesting stuff.
    Now maybe could you give us a run down of the convo that took place the last time you came onto a guy in a pub? Just wondering what your 'shtik' is...

Interesting stuff.
    Now maybe could you give us a run down of the convo that took place the last time you came onto a guy in a pub? Just wondering what your 'shtik' is...
    I dont have one, I dont come onto guys in pubs anymore or anywhere for that matter. Galway men seem to be blind to the size of the rock I have on my left hand.

I dont have one, I dont come onto guys in pubs anymore or anywhere for that matter. Galway men seem to be blind to the size of the rock I have on my left hand.

Ah it was going so well but overplayed your hand...
    You told us you are single! Now you're engaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yis are all getting the OP and Breda mixed up.
    In fairness, I had to have a second look myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Barnum wrote: »
    are you asking me or someone else??

I'm 28 if you must know
    I'm 5'9 in height and I wear a dress size 6/8
    I've got long black hair brown eyes
    John Cleary,on the otherhand is 47, used to have brown hair and is currently doing grand battle with the middle age spread

Just cause im detail orientated, never said i was single, when im away from "home" I wear my old engagement ring to avoid question about my "homelife", so you are half right, im not available, but I am single.

McTigs wrote: »
    John Cleary,on the otherhand is 47, used to have brown hair and is currently doing grand battle with the middle age spread
    Neither is John Cleary a gentleman asking a woman/lady her age, let alone in public and without clarifying whom he was directing his question too.

Just cause im detail orientated, never said i was single, when im away from "home" I wear my old engagement ring to avoid question about my "homelife", so you are half right, im not available, but I am single.

Sorry, I got you confused with the original poster.
    So we have two women finding fault with Galway's gentlemen so!
    It's officially a trend.
    There's a chance that if you're rocking an engagement ring only the sleazy ones who come onto married people, and are possibly married themselves, approach you.
    The decent guys might just think "taken" and not bother introducing themselves. It's a risky strategy.
    Neither is John Cleary a gentleman asking a woman/lady her age, let alone in public and without clarifying whom he was directing his question too.

Amen! Behavior most unbecoming of a gentleman!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Galway needs a finishing school.

Sorry, I got you confused with the original poster.
    So we have two women finding fault with Galway's gentlemen so!
    It's officially a trend.
    There's a chance that if you're rocking an engagement ring only the sleazy ones who come onto married people, and are possibly married themselves, approach you.
    The decent guys might just think "taken" and not bother introducing themselves. It's a risky strategy.

Amen! Behavior most unbecoming of a gentleman!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Galway needs a finishing school.
    Re the ring, that's a point, but even when I was young and single here, I met exactly the same type of schick, so it's not that. Tho, a while ago on a gal train a youngster kept me very entertained explaining the star wars saga to me. Reminded me of a puppy trying to chase an 18 wheeler, he was a dub tho.

Re the ring, that's a point, but even when I was young and single here, I met exactly the same type of schick, so it's not that. Tho, a while ago on a gal train a youngster kept me very entertained explaining the star wars saga to me. Reminded me of a puppy trying to chase an 18 wheeler, he was a dub tho.

18 wheeler, a bigun so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

McTigs wrote: »

Nah, shure he only did his leaving cert a few years ago!

18 wheeler, a bigun so.
    I dont think you have heard the joke about the puppy chasing the 18 wheeler, and when they caught it had no clue what to do.

I dont think you have heard the joke about the puppy chasing the 18 wheeler, and when they caught it had no clue what to do.

Sure you know what thought did girleen.

Sure you know what thought did girleen.
    Lol! I think you had a good pm, given you are using phrases like girleen to a woman of indeterminate(as I refused to respond to John Cleary's demand for ages), but that's not a bad thing, hope your head is ok this am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I've never been with a Red-haired Guy. Wonder am I missing out now...

You rang? ;)
    Barnum wrote: »
    big time red hair guys are so gentle and loving

"How ya, love. Do ya like cheese? 'Cause I'm an easy single!"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You rang? ;)

"How ya, love. Do ya like cheese? 'Cause I'm an easy single!"

I was waiting for you to show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I was waiting for you to show up!

4e1efc390d53ea92fbdd3139b471ff3e.jpg