Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absent from exam - illness

• 16-05-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I am a final year student who was due to sit his last exam today. However since yesterday morning I have been very sick with a vomiting bug, diarrhoea ( sorry about details) and have had strong migraines since. As a result, I was unable to sit my exam today on advice from my GP.

I have emailed the chair of law and government who told me that I will have to submit an extenuating circumstances form pending review.

I am very anxious and worried as I am
    currently on a 2.1 and my previous exams had gone well.
    So I am Just enquiring as to the likelihood of my deferral? And if you know from any past cases that I will be allowed sit my exam as a first attempt in August.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I think the best for advice on this would be the welfare officer of your student union. I do have reason to believe that your attempt in the summer will be treated as a first attempt.

Advertisement