Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber

Options
  • 16-05-2017 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm sure there was a thread on Plumbers in here but I can't seem to find it on my phone! Anyway I need a plumber urgently to look at a leak. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I've used David Galligan before very good, but very busy so last time he advised simply to go round to building site and ask for a guy on site. Worked and was only 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

amtc wrote: »
    I've used David Galligan before very good, but very busy so last time he advised simply to go round to building site and ask for a guy on site. Worked and was only 20 euro

Hey could you private message me the numbers of any good tradesmen you know? Thanks

BillyBiggs wrote: »
    Hey could you private message me the numbers of any good tradesmen you know? Thanks

Could you PM me also please? Currently renovating a house in this area and will need a good plasterer. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

I'm looking for a plumber in Dublin 15. I have several things to be done around the house - probably a half-day to a full-days work.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

iba wrote: »
    I'm looking for a plumber in Dublin 15. I have several things to be done around the house - probably a half-day to a full-days work.

Thanks

I've used Andy from needaplumber.ie for several issues lately, as have some neighbours. No complaints at all.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    I've used Andy from needaplumber.ie for several issues lately, as have some neighbours. No complaints at all.

Thank you very much, appreciated. Ill try and find him.

Guys,

I'm still in need of a plumber. I contacted the one that Caranica mentioned above and got no reply. I've contacted two that I found on Adverts. One of them did not reply. The other said he was too busy and did not reply to my subsequent email. I also contacted a plumber I used a few years ago and have left two or three messages on his phone, but he has not replied.

Anybody know a plumber that does reply?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Did you just send an email? Can give you his mobile if you need

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

How much would a plumber cost to fix a toilet flush that is refilling slowly??
    Or should I just try to fix myself from watching YouTube video??

Caranica wrote: »
    Did you just send an email? Can give you his mobile if you need

Yes, I sent an email using the contact form on that site you gave. Yes, please PM me the number. Thank you in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

iba wrote: »
    Yes, I sent an email using the contact form on that site you gave. Yes, please PM me the number. Thank you in advance.

Can you send me the number as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Not sure about repair but if it is a push button toilet then a replacement cyphon unit is about 20 quid and a 15 min diy job that can be done based on YouTube research

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I tried this today, was able to unscrew the connection at the side of the ball cock, but was not able to unscrew the larger connection the side of the incoming water. So wasn’t able to take out the middle part to see if any build up of gunk causing the slow refill.
    And now after screwing it back in, few drops still coming after cistern fills so constant drops into toilet when full. Not quite ‘Fr Ted car’ scenario but made it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Can I was did you have any luck with this plumber

I've tried a few now but all I keep getting are excuses.

I tried this today, was able to unscrew the connection at the side of the ball cock, but was not able to unscrew the larger connection the side of the incoming water. So wasn’t able to take out the middle part to see if any build up of gunk causing the slow refill.
    And now after screwing it back in, few drops still coming after cistern fills so constant drops into toilet when full. Not quite ‘Fr Ted car’ scenario but made it worse.

:D

Advertisement