Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi cycling gear

• 16-05-2017 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi guys I heard Aldi have cycling gear offers on this week, any thoughts on there gear ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks op, bought two of there gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got a few bits in lidl the last time and couldn't fault it

Worse thing about Aldi is you cant get information on the deals till the last one is up, usually Thursday

Looking for mud flaps,doubt ill get them in Aldi or Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭muloc

What day is this in aldi?

muloc wrote: »

Sunday

Sometime on Thursday or maybe Friday the site will update to show it, or someone will scan/take picture of booklet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

jeffk wrote: »
    Got a few bits in lidl the last time and couldn't fault it

Worse thing about Aldi is you cant get information on the deals till the last one is up, usually Thursday

Looking for mud flaps,doubt ill get them in Aldi or Lidl
    Which cycling, swimming, running gear did you get in lidl because I am trying to find out the good performance gear compare to the not so good items tks

• Advertisement

muloc wrote: »

It should be shown on there leaflet on Thursday, not sure how good the Aldi gear is tho ? Any feedback appreciated...

Which cycling, swimming, running gear did you get in lidl because I am trying to find out the good performance gear compare to the not so good items tks

Im not that hardcore into cycling and plus sized so didn't chance clothing

Got gloves and helmet in lidl, then Base Layer on special layer in aldi.

I have to be honest, I'm a firm believer in the best gear won't help you that much, only you can get the wheels turning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I'd recommend asking over in the cycling forum, but for the most part the Aldi and Lidl stuff is quite well regarded. Jerseys and the likes are usually good value. Depending on the distances involved, the shorts may or may not be up to the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I find the quality and style of Aldi's cycle by gear to be considerably better than Lidl's. It seems Lidl said to who ever produces their gear 'give us a load of jerseys and jackets, make them a few different colours/designs or whatever you think yourself' Their jerseys are horrendous looking things with nobthought put in to colours or design. Their gloves are very poor in comparison to Aldi's and their socks all shrink after a few washes.

The unwritten rule is if you're gonna sweat in it buy Aldi over Lidl

• Advertisement

Nothing for me unless I lose a few stone, which is the plan with cycling. A vicious circle :D

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-05-21

jeffk wrote: »
    Nothing for me unless I lose a few stone, which is the plan with cycling. A vicious circle :D

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-05-21

Anything good in the Aldi cycling gear ?

Advertisement