Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Fees

• 16-05-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi i will be in San Francisco for the Summer and I am trying to figure out what's best financially for me.

With my Debit Card (on a student-level account), are there charges for transactions using my debit card in store? 

Also in regards to ATM withdrawals fees, does BOI charge an amount per transaction as well as the extra charge by the ATM machine owner in the US?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

united2k11 wrote: »
    Hi i will be in San Francisco for the Summer and I am trying to figure out what's best financially for me.

With my Debit Card (on a student-level account), are there charges for transactions using my debit card in store? 

Also in regards to ATM withdrawals fees, does BOI charge an amount per transaction as well as the extra charge by the ATM machine owner in the US?

Thanks
    Hi united2k11

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Although you will not incur transaction charges on your student account, you will be charged 'cross border handling fees' as you will be using your card for purchases or ATM withdrawals in another currency other than Euro. 

When withdrawing US Dollars at the ATM, the charge is 3.5% of the transaction value. (Minimum E3.17- Maximum E11.43 per transaction. For point of sale, the charge is 2% of the transaction value (Maximum E11.43 per transaction)

You can also view the charges on page 8 of our Fees & Charges Brochure here 

Also just to mention, we would strongly advise noting your travel plans on your account. You can log in www.365online.com to do this. Please select our 'Service Desk' facility and from the drop down select 'Card Travel Notification'. 

We hope the information helps, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement